• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

17. Love on the Farm

Author's Note:

Love is in the air for Big Mac. So, it's C. A. Cupid's turn to make her mark, so to speak.

It was a beautiful spring day in Sweet Apple Acres. Big Macintosh sits on the couch deep in thought. His family came over to see if he's all right.

"Howdy, Big Mac." Applejack greeted. "Are you okay?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac answered.

Apple Bloom looked at him with concern. "Are ya sure? You look like you're sick."

"Well, I am. But, not the type of sick you're think of."

Granny Smith figures what he's thinking about. "I'll bet you're thinking about that girl you met at the bakery. Right?"

Big Mac's eyes windened, and responds to Granny Smith. "Eeyup. Her name is Sugar Belle. One of the prettiest girls I've ever seen."

"How long have you been meeting this girl?" Apple Bloom wondered.

"About two weeks. Every time I pass by the bakery, I come in to talk to her. When she's on break, of course."

A knock came at the door. As Granny Smith answers the door, Applejack keeps talking to Big Mac. "This girl sounds very nice. Don't she?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac answered. "One day, her family were visiting the bakery, and met me as well. They think that I'm a very honorable young man."

"Well, honesty is part of our family, you know."

"Applejack!" Granny Smith called. "Somebody is here to see you."

Applejack steps out, and sees a young lady with bright pink hair. She also has what looks like wings on her back. Applejack was happy to see her. "Well, what do you know? C. A. Cupid!"

"Howdy, partner." Cupid greeted as she hugs Applejack. "Sorry for the corny western greeting."

"Don't worry. I heard 'em all."

"Wow." Apple Bloom gasped, looking at Cupid's outfit. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks, kid. I'm often happy when my outfit is admired."

"C. A. Cupid, huh?" Granny Smith added. "Aren't y'all the little lady who transferred from Monster High to Ever After High?"

"That's right." Cupid answered. "I heard that some of the students at EAH can use their own romances. That's why I transferd there."

"What's bring you here anyway, Cupid?" Applejack asked.

"I heard that somebody in this family is in love."

"Eeyup." Big Mac replied as he joins the conversation. “That would be me."

Cupid's eyes widened with shock. "You, Big Macintosh? Wow! It must be big for someone like you to fall in love."

Big Mac explained to Cupid about his crush on Sugar Belle.

"Sugar Belle must be very specal." Cupid figured. "Isn't she?"

"Eeyup." BIg Mac replied. "This little lady appreciates me for who I am. The question is, how will she know me a little better?"

Cupid soon had an idea. "Why not bring her over here for a dinner date?"

"Dinner with the family?" Big Mac blurted. "Y'all think it'll work?"

"It should. If you bring Sugar Belle here to have dinner with you and your family, I'm sure she'll know about you. After all, honesty is what this family is all about."

Big Mac thought about it for a minute. Then, he gave Cupid his response. "I'll do it. And, when she comes over, we'll let you join us as well."

"Oh?" Cupid blurted.

"I'm sure she'll like to meet the person who advised me. I do have to be honest like my sister, Appplejack, you know."

Cupid smiled, believing that Big Mac is right. One week later, the Apple Family sat down to a nice dinner. Sugar Belle sat next to big Mac. And, Cupid sat next to Apple Bloom.

"This meal is delicious." Sugar Belle praised as she bit into a piece of steak. "You're grandmother is a great cook."

"Thank you." Big Mac responded. "My sisters helped out as well."

"A great example of family unity. Good work everybody."

Applejack and Apple Bloom smiled, knowing that Sugar Belle likes their family togetherness.

"It was nothing, really." Applejack said.

"My big sister is right." Apple Bloom added. "We're just happy to help each other. After all, we are a family."

"Good to know." Sugar Belle said as she turns to their other visitor. "I understand that you gave Big Mac the advice to have me come here, Cupid."

"I figured that the best way to know Big Mac," Cupid explained, "is to learn about his family."

"And, it's a good idea." Sugar Belle replied as she takes a sip of water. "Nice work, angel of love."

Cupid blushed after being praised like that. Apple Bloom had a comical thought. "I'm surprised that Cupid didn't just aim one her love arrows at you, Sugar Belle."

Sugar Belle gave out a little giggle. "It wouldn't work. Besides, even I know that C. A. Cupid's aim is not that good."

Cupid put her hand on her face at it continued to turn red. "Guilty as charged."

Everybody had a good laugh as the evening meal continues.