• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

16. Field Trip Facts

Author's Note:

When three friends are in trouble, an unexpected visitor comes to the rescue.

Apple Bloom, Sweeitie Belle, and Scootaloo were in Mr. Cranky Doodle's classroom. The three friends were getting very nervous. Rumble was looking in, with a very mean look.

"The curators of the museum you went to yesterday said you three were having a bit of trouble." Mr. Cranky Doodle said.

"They weren't having trouble." Rumble said as he approached the girls, and exploded on them . "They were CAUSING trouble!!"

"No we weren't." Sweetie Belle pleaded. "The truth is..."

"QUIET!!" Rumbe shouted. "Mr. Cranky Doodle only listens to me! I'd say, you three are to be PUNISHED!"

Apple Bloom was tearing up. "As you know, I'm all about honesty, sir. I can tell you what happened."

Rumble gave out another outburst. "WHO CARES?!!"

"That's enough!" Mr. Cranky Doodle demanded. "I know a better way to find out the truth." He turns to the door. "Come in, Cedar."

In steps a fun looking girl whose body looks like a puppet. Sweetie Belle recognizes the girl. "Cedar Wood. What's she doing here?"

"I asked Cedar Wood to tag along with the class yesterday." Mr. Cranky Doodle explained. "Sort of a secret chaperone."

"Really?" Scootaloo gasped as she wipes tears from her eyes. "I didn't see her when we went to the museum."

"That's because I kept out of sight." Cedar said. "Anything going on yesterday, I would know it, and report back."

"That won't work." Rumble scoffed. "We'll know as soon as she starts talking."

Mr. Cranky Doodle gave Rumble some info. "Don't bet on it, Rumble. Unlike her father, Pinocchio, Cedar can only tell the truth. It's a curse. But, sometimes it can be a gift." He then turns to the representative of Ever After High. "Now then, Cedar. What happened?"

Cedar began her explanation. "The first problem is when the class looked at the skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. The tour guide heard a little kid blab to his mother. When the tour guide asked the kid to be quiet, Rumble angrily told these girls to listen to the tour guide, as if the guide was talking to them."

"I always liked dinosaurs." Scootaloo said. "I wouldn't disturb anyone talking about them."

"Easy, Scootaloo." Mr. Cranky Doodle added. "No need to get defensive." He turned back to Cedar. "Go ahead."

Cedar continued. "Problem two was during one of those projection shows. Everybody was sitting down quietly. But, Rumble over there forced Apple Bloom and company to go outside. He even told a security guard to watch over them, making him think that they can't be trusted."

Apple Bloom cringed with fear. "Rumble wouldn't let us see the show."

Rumble was starting to get nervous as Mr. Cranky Doodle is getting interested. "Anything else?"

"Yes, Mr. Cranky Doodle." Cedar replied. "When the class were sitting down in the cafeteria to have lunch, that bruiser took the three girls' lunches away, and brutally threw out the food. He screamed that they don't deserve it."

"The three of us were hungry all day." Sweetie added. "Rumble was just a hot headed bully."

"SHUT UP!" Rumble yelled angrily. "Who wants to hear from you three LOSERS?!"

Cedar pulls out a video camera. "I took some shots of those moments, in case Rumble wanted you to think my words aren't enough."

Mr. Cranky Doodle watched the footage of the museum tour, as well as Rumble's attack on Scootaloo and company. He then turned to the trio. "You three girls are off the hook. I'm sorry for putting you girls through this." He then turns to Rumble. "As for you, young man, we need to talk."

The school day was over. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo happily walked home with Cedar Wood walking with them.

"Thanks for your help, Cedar." Sweetie praised.

"You're welcome, girls." Cedar replied. "I'm just glad that Mr. Cranky Doodle recruited me to be with the class at the museum."

"So, what happens to Rumble?" Scootaloo wondered.

"He's going to have time to clean up his act."

Inside the school, Rumble started washing down the lockers. He wasn't that upset. "This isn't so bad. Might give me something to think about in the future."

Soon, Snips and Snails walks by and sees Rumble cleaning the lockers.

"This is one proper punishment for you, Rumble." Snips chuckled. "Janitorial duty after school for two weeks."

Snails agreed. "That'll teach you that the truth never escapes Cedar Wood."

The boys leave, having Rumble thinking one thing harshly. I guess the truth doesn't set ME free.