• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

15. Deep Sea Buddies

Author's Note:

This is what happens when an energetic photographer and an elegant ballet dancer get together.

Dressed in a marigold shortie wetsuit, Photo Finish checks her camera as she camps out near a beautiful lake outside of Canterlot City.

I have my waterproof casing keeping my camera safe. Photo Finish thought. All I need to do is fill my tanks with air, then, I can dive into the lake.

Suddenly, Photo sees something on the lake. It appears to be a ballet dancer dressed in a feathery outfit. Photo soon knows who the ballet dancer is. That's Duchess Swan. What brings the daughter of Odette, the original Swan Princess, here?

As soon as Duchess leaps off the lake, and comes on land, she was approached by Photo Finish, who was applauding her performance.

"Ah, Photo Finish, the avid photographer." Duchess greeted. "By the looks of that wetsuit, I'd guess that you're going scuba diving into the lake."

"Good guess, Duchess." Photo replied. "I planned to take pictures of the world in the lake. I have my waterproof casing ready. Now, I'm ready for a day of underwater photography."

"You know, I planned to go scuba diving too. How about we go together?"

Photo got shocked. "You and me? Together?"

"Why not?" Duchess said. "A good example of the buddy system."

"I think you're right. Without my own partners, Violet Blur and Pixel Pizzazz, I do get lonely."

Duchess Swan is happy to hear that. "Great. I'll change into my own wetsuit, we'll both fill our tanks with air, and down we go."

Duchess and Photo shook hands, agreeing with other. Later the two girls are swimming underwater with Duchess wearing a black full length wetsuit. Their breathing apparatuses allows them to talk with each other as they explore the underwater world.

"This underwater scenery is beautiful." Duchess said happily.

"I agree." Photo replied. She quickly took pictures of the scenery. "I like the way the sun shines down here."

Duchess notices something about Photo. "I see you're not wearing your usual magenta lensed glasses."

"Well, Duchess," Photo explained, "they wouldn't fit in my diver mask."

Duchess then saw some lights in the water. After closer examination, she knows what they are. "Look over there, Photo. Flashlight fish!"

Photo notices them too. "Good eye, Duchess."

As Photo took pictures of the fish, Duchess starts twirling around the water, as if she's dancing. She swam near the fish as Photo sneaked a picture without the ballet girl noticing. The exploration continues as the grils look around their surrounding.

"I couldn't help noticing you dancing with those flashlight fish." Photo said. "You look so graceful."

"I am a dancer, you know." Duchess said. Soon, she saw something else. "Photo, check that out!"

The two girls soon saw a sunken ship. Duchess was very impressed. "Wow! This is quite a sight. Looks like this ship has been down here for hunderds of years."

"Seems that way." Photo replied as she clicked away with her camera. "I hear that this place has been a popular site for many divers."

Duchess was happy to hear that. I wonder if the nature lover, Fluttershy, comes here once in a while.

Later, the girls returned to the surface. Still wearing her wetsuit, Duchess looks at the pictures Photo took.

"That waterproof casing protected your camera well." Duchess praised. "Those pictures look great."

"Thank you, my friend." Photo said. "Especially, this one."

Duchess was shown a picture of herself dancing with the flashlight fish.

"Oh my gosh!" Duchess chirped. "That's a great shot! This is a great example of underwater ballet."

Photo smiled from hearing Duchess Swan's praise. "I'll make a copy of this and give it to you. I'm sure your friends at Ever After High will love to see this."

Duchess smiled knowing that Photo Finish is right. The two girls embraced each other in a sweet hug.