• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

19. Enter the Charming Rescuer

Author's Note:

It's time for Daring Charming's siblings, Darling and Dexter, to make their appearance.

Scootaloo raced her go cart down a hill with Rainbow Dash and Applejack watching to make sure nothing goes wrong. Suddenly, the go cart struck a rock, and swerved out of control. It went off the road, and fell into a hole. Rainbow Dash and Applejack got nervous and hurried over. When they went to the hole, Applejack called 911 while Rainbow Dash called out to Scootaloo. "Scootaloo! Are you okay?"

Seconds later, she heard a voice calling back. "I'm okay!"

Dash was happily surprised. "That's a relief. What happened?"

Scootaloo explained the situation. "Luckily, my go cart was snagged by a big branch. Seeing that I wasn't far from the ground, I jumped off and landed on a pile of mud. Thank goodness I wore my crash helmet."

"Applejack called 911, Scoots. Just hold on."

"Okay, Rainbow. But, it's getting chilly down here."

Suddenly, a blond haired girl wearing what looks like shoulder plating came on the scene with rope on hand. "Don't worry, Rainbow Dash. I'll get her out of that hole."

Tying a rope to a tree, and the other to her waist, the maiden slowly went down the hole as Applejack rejoined Rainbow. "A rescue unit is on the way. I'm still on the phone with them."

"It looks like somebody is going to save the crew a little time." Rainbow informed.

Back in the hole, the maiden reached Scootaloo, who was shivering.

"W-W-Who are you?" Scootaloo asked while shaking from the cold.

"Someone who's here to help you." The maiden answered. "Hop on my back." Scootaloo jumped on the maiden's back and wrapped her arms around her. "Now, hold on tight."

The maiden started to climb up with Scootaloo holding on. Suddenly, the rope is being pulled up. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were pulling from the other end. Soon, Scootaloo and the maiden reached the surface. Scootaloo rushed over to Rainbow as Applejack pulled the maiden up.

"Thanks for the helping hand, friend." Applejack said.

Hearing the conversation, Rainbow was surprised as the maiden approached with rope in hand.

"Now, I know who you are." Rainbow realized. "You're Darling Charming. The damsel who doesn't want to be in distress."

"You guess correctly." Darling answered. "How's Scootaloo?"

"I'm f-f-fine." Scootaloo replied as she took off her helmet. "But, I'm very sh-sh-shaky."

"I thought as much."

Darling took her rope and soon wrapped it around Scootaloo. Rainbow got concerned. "Why are you tying up Scootaloo like that?"

Darling finished tying Scootaloo's legs and ankles together as she responds to Rainbow's concern. "I don't want her to hurt herself until the rescue unit arrives."

Scootaloo was surprised to hear that. "Somehow, that makes sense."

Minutes later, an ambulance arrived. After the ropes were undone, Scootaloo was being examined by a doctor. Rainbow, Applejack, and Darling were watching with concern as Darling's brother, Dexter Charming, shows up.

"Hey, Dexter." Rainbow greeted. "What brings you here?"

"I heard what happened." Dexter explained. "I hope your little friend is okay."

"I think she'll be fine. Thank goodness your sister showed up when she did."

Dexter put his arm around Darling's shoulder. "These days, many of us at Ever After High are."

The doctor came to the group to give them news. "Scootaloo will be fine. Just a few bruises."

"Is she able to go home right away?" Dash asked.

"Yes." The doctor answered. "Just make sure she rests for a few days."

Scootaloo walks over to the group, and turns to Darling Charming. "Someone like me doesn't usually say this. But,...." Scootaloo gives Darling a hug. "my hero."

Darling returns the hug as the group watches.

"That she is, Scootaloo." Dexter replied. "That she is."