• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

18. Blondie on the Scene

Author's Note:

What happens when two video divas get together. Not what you think.

It was a beautiful star filled night at Canterlot City Park. Many young people gather after a fantastic performance by the Rainbooms earlier that day. Amongst them is Ever After High's Gossip Maven, Blondie Lockes, who gives out her opinion about the concert. Juniper Montage is videotaping her short discussion.

"The Rainbooms were truly hextacular with their performance." Blondie reported. "Perhaps some day, they can perform at our school. This is Blondie Lockes saying 'Farewell, everyone'."

After Blondie nodded, Juniper turned off the camera.

"Thanks for helping me finish off my project, Juniper." Blondie said.

"My pleasure, Blondie." Juniper replied. "This must feel different than what you're used to doing at Ever After High."

"Maybe. But, this is a great way to branch out beyond my school."

The two girls sit on a bench enjoying each other's company.

"I wonder," Juniper said with interest, "why did you decide to videotape this concert?"

"Headmaster Grimm's idea." Blondie answered. "He heard about the Rainbooms, and wanted to know what they're about. So, after I charged the batteries on my camera, I came here to this park, and watched the festivities."

"And, you wanted help to finish off your report. You needed somebody to handle your camera while you're on the microphone."

"You guessed it. Knowing what kind of girl you are, I figured that you're the perfect partner I need."

The two girls watched the footage on Blondie's camera. Both were very happy.

"Great footage, Blondie." Juniper prasied. "Your friends at Ever After High will be proud of you."

Suddenly, the voice of Sunset Shimmer joins the conversation. "As long as she doesn't pick up her mother's bad habits."

They turned and saw Sunset Shimmer and Rainbow Dash standing with them. Blondie got shocked. "Sunset Shimmer! Rainbow Dash! This is a surprise."

"I thought that was you in the audience, Blondie." Rainbow stated. "I know that blond hair and blue outift anywhere. You look just like your mother when she was young."

Blondie blushed as Juniper got confused. "Her mother?"

"That's right." Sunset replied. "Her mother is Goldilocks from the story, Goldilocks and the Three Bears."

Juniper got surprised to hear that. Blondie calmed her down. "They're right, Juniper. I am the daughter of Goldilocks."

"But, what bad habits were Sunset and Rainbow talking about?" Juniper asked.

"Just like my mom when she went into the Three Bears' house, I have a knack for poking around other people's stuff."

"No doubt, looking for stuff to report on her Mirrorcast." Rainbow added. "This girl is a true gossiper."

Blondie was tearing up when Juniper tried to comfort her. "No need to be upset, Blondie. At least you limit that habit to your friends at your school. Though it is a little annoying."

"Maybe." Blondie said as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "At least I can prove that I can be serious about events like this."

Sunset approached Blondie, realizing that maybe she and Rainbow were a little mean. "Sorry we made you upset, Blondie. I guess we went over the line."

"Apology accepted." Blondie said happily as she and Sunset hugged each other. "So, I still have room on my memory card. How about an interview?"

"Maybe some other time." Rainbow answered. "We need to be with our bandmates. Later, Blondie."

Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer left the scene, leaving Blondie with a thought. "I guess they and the other Rainbooms had enough drama in their lives."

Juniper gave Blondie Lockes a devious smile. "You have no idea."