• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

22. Time to Dance

Author's Note:

Apple Bloom and Tender Taps are preparing a groovy dance routine. And, they have a pretty good teacher to help them.

Inside the big barn at Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom and her friend, Tender Taps, were dancing to jazz music under the watchful eye of Ever After High student, Justine Dancer. When the song was over, the kids stopped.

"Thanks for helping us with our dance routine, Justine." Apple Bloom said.

"My pleasure." Justine praised. "You two will be a big hit at the big celebration this place is hosting."

"That's right. There will be other entertainers as well. But, we want to get in on some of this action."

"That's right, Apple Bloom." Tender Taps added. "With some of my own dance moves added, we'll get a big round of applause."

Just then, Applejack, Big Mac, and Granny Smith came in to the barn.

"Hey, sis." Applejack called out. "We heard some 1930s type jazz music coming from here."

"That's right." Apple Bloom replied. "Me and Tender Taps are practicing our dance for the Sweet Apple Acres harvest celebration. And, we both had a great teacher too."

Applejack suddenly saw Justine, and is amazed. "Justine Dancer. Well, howdy there."

"Hi, Applejack." The two girls embraced in a hug. "Checking out your sister, no doubt."

"Just curious. I heard she and Tender Taps were doing something for our celebration. But, I never thought it would be a jazz routine."

"They've been working real hard. And now, they're ready. Just like I'm ready for my destiny."

Apple Bloom just remembered something about Justine. "Oh, wow! I forgot. Your mother was the youngest of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. Wasn't she?"

"That's right, Apple Bloom. Now, I'm ready to join my eleven sisters to achieve our goals."

"I guess the number 12 runs in your family." Granny Smith figured.

"You got it, Granny Smith." Justine replied happily.

Soon, Humphrey Dumpty came into the barn, carrying bags and two top hats as he talked to Justine. "Here are the costumes Rarity made."

"Thanks, Humphrey." Justine said as she takes the stuff off his hands.

"Howdy, Humphrey Dumpty." Granny Smith greeted. "This is a pleasant surprise."

"Hi, Granny Smith." Humphrey said. "Hi, Big Mac."

Applejack was very curious. "Y'all know the son of Humpty Dumpty, Granny?"

"Sure do." Granny answered. "He comes by once in a while to help us with the chores."

"Eeyup." BIg Mac added. "We made sure they're on ground level. Humphrey is a little scared of heights."

"I get it." Applejack said as she turned to the visitor. "You're afraid that, and I apologize if I step on your toes a little, all the king's horses and all the king's men won't be able to put YOU back together again."

"That's one way of putting it." Humphrey replied. "And, no need to apologize. I hear my father's old nursery rhyme many times."

Apple Bloom got her sister's attention. "How do we look?"

Apple Bloom and Tender Taps changed into dapper tuxedos with top hats. Applejack was shocked. "Hoo-wee! Where did those clothes come from?"

"My idea." Justine answered. "Hearing about Apple Bloom and Tender Taps doing a jazz number, I asked your fashionista friend, Rarity, to sew up some appropriate costumes."

"I waited until Rarity was done," Humphrey continued, "then I took the stuff and came back here."

Granny Smith was very pleased. "You two look really dapper."

"Thanks, Granny Smith." Tender Taps responded. "We'll be a big hit tonight."

Later that night, the celebration was on the way. Guests arrived to enjoy this even. People munching on food, talking to each other, and enjoy some great entertainment. Everyone watched Apple Bloom and Tender Taps perform their jazz routine. When the act was over, the two kids receive a round of applause as Grand Pear went up with a microphone in his hand. "Let's hear it for Apple Bloom and Tender Taps. Swinging dance moves, cats!"

Tipping their top hats, the kids stepped off the stage. They went over to Applejack and Justine.

"You two were amazing!" Applejack praised.

"Thanks, sis." Apple Bloom said while tearing up. "I'm happy y'all are very proud of us."

Applejack gave her sister a warm hug as Justine turned to Tender Taps. "You and Apple Bloom did good, Tender Taps."

Humphrey Dumpty joined in on the conversation. "I agree. Maybe you two can conquer Broadway with that routine."

"You think so?" Tender Taps wondered. "That may not be a bad idea."