• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

24. Calm by the Lake

Author's Note:

Never thought Rainbow Dash would do something quiet? You'd be surprised, as this chapter explains.

It was early Saturday morning by a quiet lake. Rainbow Dash, dressed in a purple tank top and turquoise 3/4 tights, was sitting cross legged on a mat with her eyes closed. She just did some yoga exercises. Now, she is meditating. A buzzer went off as Rainbow opened her eyes slowly, and looked at an electronic timer she brought with her.

Eight minutes. Not bad. Rainbow dash tought. Next time, I'll go for nine.

Suddenly, she heard a woman singing a beautiful song. She looked around, but couldn't find who's singing. Just then, something jumped out of the water, and went back in. Dash thought that it looked like a mermaid with pink hair. "I must be more stressed out than I thought. I'm seeing things."

The figure rose out of the water, and spoke to the athletic girl. "You're not seeing things, Rainbow Dash."

"Whoa!" Rainbow yelped as she suddenly recognized her. "Meeshell Mermaid. I thought that shape looked familiar."

Meeshell swam to the brim of the lake, and climbed out. Soon, her tail transformed into legs as she approached Rainbow Dash and gave her a hug. "This is a pleasant surprise, Dashie. What brings you to this lake?"

"I woke up early this morning, changed into my exercise clothes, grabbed my mat, and came here." Dash answered. "I figured the peace and quiet here is good for yoga."

"You do yoga?" Meeshell yelped. "I thought that you're a soccer girl."

"I am. But, every morning I do some yoga stretches to prepare for soccer. Even Spitifre was surprised about that."

"I'm guessing that's how you keep your legs in shape."

"That's right."

Rainbow and Meeshell look at the lake, and feel the calmness of the area.

"I can understand why you chose to do yoga here at this lake." Meeshell figured. "It's so peaceful."

"That's right." Dash replied. "Did you come here for a little privacy?"

"A little bit. I do get shy on land. Afraid that somehow my legs get wet accidently."

"I get it. If your legs get wet, they transform into your mermaid tail."

"You guessed correctly. Ashlynn and Maddie discovered that when I was swimming in the pool."

Rainbow Dash displayed a playful smirk. "I guess that since you're the daughter of The Little Mermaid, your singing is beautiful when you're in the water."

Meeshell blushed. "That's right, Rainbow."

Later that day, wearing her own exercise clothes, Meeshell followed Rainbow Dash as they both do some yoga stretches in the basement of Rainbow's house.

"That felt very relaxing." Meeshell said as she and Rainbow sat cross legged. "Now I know why you like this kind of exercise."

"Right you are." Rainbow replied. "Even Sunset Shimmer was surprised during the music festival."

"One thing for sure. You are full of surprises."

Soon, Rainbow Dash and Meeshell closed their eyes and meditated together.