• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 954 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 954

2. A Sweet Discussion

Author's Note:

It's time for one of EAH's rebels to make a scene. In this case, the fun pastry expert, Ginger Breadhouse.

Twilight and her friends met at an outdoor seating area, discussing a past event.

"I heard that the bake sale at school went great, Pinkie." Twilight said.

"It sure did!" Pinkie replied happily. "Thanks to all of those cakes, cookies, muffins, pies, and other sweet treats, Canterlot High School can have yoga classes on Fridays."

"All of that money will go to getting mats, crystals, relaxing music, and other stuff needed for a yoga studio." Fluttershy added.

"You said it, Fluttershy. Me, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and Ginger made a great team. Some of those pastries were Ginger's creations."

Rainbow Dash put down her mug of hot cocoa, hearing a name Pinkie mentioned. "Ginger? As In Ginger Breadhouse? I heard about that girl. Like all of Ever After High's Rebels, she doesn't want to follow any storylines designated."

"I believe you're right, darling." Rarity chimed in. "Unlike her mother, the Candy Witch from the Hansel and Gretel story, she doesn't use sweet treats to lead others to trouble. She wants to make people happy."

A sweet voice soon replied to Rarity's statement. "I'm happy to hear that."

The girls soon spotted a girl with pink pigtails joining the conversation. As she adjusted her glasses, she was spotted by the party planner.

"Ginger!" Pinkie squealed.

"Hi, Pinkie." Ginger replied.

Pinkie and Ginger embraced each other in a hug. Everyone looked on as Sunset approached the visitor. "So, you're Ginger Breadhouse. Huh?"

"That's me." Ginger answered. "It's good to see you."

"How about joining us?"

Ginger nodded and joined the other girls, all are surprised to see Pinkie's partner in baking.

"I heard you helped Pinkie and the Cakes with all of those treats." Twilight figured.

"That I did." Ginger said. "I heard all about this bake sale Canterlot High School has going on. I thought I could help Pinkie out."

"Is that why you volunteered to help her?" Rarity wondered.

"That's right. Using some of my own recipes, the four of us whipped up some delicious sweet treats everyone would love. And, that bake sale went better than expected."

"Were you afraid that many would stay away when they learned that you're part of the bake sale?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Ginger got a little sad. "A little. Some people who heard of me WOULD steer clear at first. Knowing what kind of person I am."

Sunset felt her pain. "That's probably why Gus and Helga Crumb were scared of you at first. Being the children of Hansel and Gretel, they thought you were going to follow in the footsteps of your mom, the Candy Witch."

"You guessed right, Sunset. But, thanks to celebrity chef Jack Horner, everyone realized that I'm not as bad as they thought."

"That's Jack Horner as in Little Jack Horner. Right?"

"Yes. But, not so little now, if you know what I mean."

Ginger then pulled out a bag. And, from the bag, she pulled out seven sugar cookies. Each shaped like Sunset's old Cutie Mark, and the cutie marks of the girls' pony counterparts. "I made these cookies for you guys. And, I brought some water to wash them down."

Everyone was very happy. They take their respected shaped cookies, and started to munch on them.

"These are delicious!" Rainbow Dash praised.

"You said it." Applejack added. "Now I know why Ginger's baking is great. Granny Smith would love her help in the kitchen."

Ginger Breadhouse smiled knowing everybody like the cookies she baked. It was a sweet day for everybody.