• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 516 Views, 3 Comments

150 or Below - KwirkyJ



Exploring truths expressed in not more than 150 words.

  • ...
1
 3
 516

Just This Once

To Tempest, the view from 2,000 feet up was not unfamiliar. Alone in her observation blister, the world floated by far below, only she and her thoughts in the cage of metal and glass.

Everything was so small. The trees, the villages, the rivers, the ponies.

Tempest should think herself a god, with such a view, but quite the opposite was true. She felt small. Invible. Isolated. Alone. Unnecessary and unwanted.

The thought too was familiar: You should join them.

Oblivion was held back by a thin pane of glass. It would be so easy to blast it to smithereens and step into nothingness.

To fall. To disappear. To stop the pain once and for all.

She deserved it.

It would be so easy.

"Minion!" She called.

A moment later, a furred biped opened the hatch. "Commander?"

"Bring me our position."

"Ma'am".

She needed to think about something else.

Author's Note:

Initial concept for the May 2022 event, "Just This Once". This story marks the final installment in the anthology. Thank you for reading.

If you believe that you may be an urgent danger to yourself, contact the suicide prevention hotline.
United States of America
Listing (Wikipedia)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment