• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 516 Views, 3 Comments

150 or Below - KwirkyJ



Exploring truths expressed in not more than 150 words.

  • ...
1
 3
 516

Dreamwalker

Twilight whipped her head, astonished, just in time to see Luna's expression bend to a wry smirk that was frighteningly like that she was more used to seeing from Celestia.

"It cannot be that surprising, Twilight Sparkle. In truth, I remain under its influence. By choice. I..." The smirk drained away, taking her gaze with it. "I suppose one might say I grew into the effects it granted me. I wished more than anything to be there for them. To be a guide, a confidant, a friend, in their darkest hours."

Luna smiled at her again, this time a distant, brittle expression. "There is some humor to be found it how literally that desire was expressed."

Author's Note:

Honorable Mention in the October 2021 prompt, "The Potion"

The potion, naturally, was the Heart's Desire.

Lighthearted appendix:

Twilight promptly booped Luna on the snout, calling out, "Honk!" Before a very nonplussed Luna could protest, Twilight continued, "I've been studying Pinkie Pie very closely, and I had a ninety-eight percent confidence interval that you needed a distraction and a laugh just now! Then you can continue to tell me everything." The hoof returned to snout, this time more slowly and expected. They both boiled over with filly's giggles, and together shouted for the stars to hear, "Hoooooonk!"