• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 516 Views, 3 Comments

150 or Below - KwirkyJ



Exploring truths expressed in not more than 150 words.

  • ...
1
 3
 516

Mismatch

Fluttershy withdrew her snout from beneath the running spigot, fully aware it dripped surgery blood, and turned to face Discord fully.

"It's not as though I don't trust you. But you're Discord. I know how you think, sometimes, and sometimes your help is... unhelpful. And if you're helping me, then I can't miss what I never had."

"You don't know what you're missing," he scoffed, eyes rolling (and rolling and rolling) along his shrugging arms. All twelve eyes squinted at her. Fingers snapped.

The red in her field of view vanished. The mirror confirmed the blood was all gone, and no explosion of confetti.

"Bubbles," she observed. "That must have hurt."

"Please. The universe is my playground."

She gave a sly grin and flew over close as if to kiss his cheek.

"Ugh, gag!" he protested. "Can't miss what I never had!"

She sighed wistfully. "I appreciate the offer, though."

Author's Note:

Written for the December 2021 prompt, "It's a Gift!".

The key [to understanding this one] is recognizing how immensely difficult it must be for a vetrinarian to sew sutures with one's mouth.