• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 621 Views, 6 Comments

Fashion Prank - Draxonos135



Rarity can't resist pranking Rainbow Dash while she's asleep.

  • ...
3
 6
 621

Fashion Prank

The Canterlot High School Library was a world of knowledge just waiting to be read. There were books about every subject taught, fairy tales and fables, and recently, books about magic and magical creatures, since those had popped recently since Sunset's arrival.

So it was kind of upsetting that Rainbow Dash saw the place as more of a resting spot than anything else.

"We can't just leave her like that, Applejack!" Rarity stated, folding her arms.

"And ah agree, ta problem is dat Rainbow's takin' a nap," Applejack answered, looking back at the sleeping tomboy.

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"From mah experience, as soon as Rainbow takes a nap, nothin' can really wake 'er up," Applejack frowned, scratching the back of her head. "Ah've 'ready tried over a dozen methods, and none of 'em worked."

Rarity turned to the sleeping girl and snapped her fingers in her face twice.

"Yes, ah already tried dat too," Applejack sighed. "Anyway, ah gotta go help at ta cafeteria, ya comin'?"

"No, go ahead without me, darling," Rarity replied, her focus solely on Rainbow Dash. "I'm going to wakd up Rainbow first."

"You realize dat's close to an impossible task, right?"

But Rarity wasn't paying attention. Instead, she was trying to think of another way to try wake up Rainbow Dash, preferrably something Applejack hadn't tried before.

Applejack herself realized this and bid farewell as Rarity realized something else:

Rainbow Dash was snoring. Loudly.

Not only that, but her legs, while crossed and on the table, weren't crossed in a way that would cover Rainbow Dash's lower half.

"It's a good thing she switched from a skirt to pants, otherwise this would look very indecent."

Rainbow kept snoring, eventually getting on Rarity's nerves.

"Rainbow Dash, wake up!" Rarity exclaimed, shaking the snoring athlete as hard as she could. "We got important things to do, Rainbow!"

The method failed.

"Is something the matter?"

Rarity yelped and turned around, seeing none other than Vice Principal Luna standing nearby.

"V-Vice-!" Rarity was soon shushed by the woman. "I mean, Vice Principal Luna, what are you doing here?"

"I work here, remember? I alternate shifts with Granny Smith so she can focus on the Cafeteria," Luna sighed and shook her head. "My dear sister really should look for more faculty members."

"I agree," Rarity nodded. "And now that I think about it, I think I've seen Mrs. Cheerilee also doubling as a coach-"

"For now, we're digressing," Luna waved her hand. "Is there a problem you need help with, Rarity?"

The fashionista turned back to the snoring athlete. "I want Rainbow Dash to wake up so we can go eat lunch, but nothing I or Applejack do seems to work."

"Yes, that's something about Rainbow Dash I've noticed: once she hits the hay, she's impossible to wake up," Luna scratched her chin. "However, there's one thing you could do."

"And that is?"

"Give Rainbow Dash a little punishment."

"I'm going to need a little more than that."

"Take advantage of Rainbow Dash's heavy sleepyness to turn her fashionable. You know, like what you usually do at a fashion store."

Rarity gasped and took a step back. "Vice Principal Luna, I can't do that! Rainbow Dash is my friend! To do something like that would break the trust we've cultivated for years!"

And then Rainbow snored again, prompting Rarity to cover her ears.

"Your ears or Rainbow's trust; from the way I look at things, something will get broken no matter what," Luna put a hand on Rarity's shoulder. "However, don't see this as a betrayal of trust; see this as a little prank between friends. Something harmless that won't ruin anything in the long run."

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "Do I look like Pinkie Pie to you?"

"You don't have to be her in order to throw a prank to a friend," Luna leaned closer to Rarity's ear. "Besides, Rainbow Dash's snoring clearly disturbs the peace and quiet of the library, so-"

Rainbow snored as if on cue, and the teenager and vice principal exchanged looks, the former flashing a little playful smile once she got an idea.


"Well, that was quite the nap, I bet I must've lost one or two classes during it. Not like I expected to do well in either of them."

Rainbow Dash rubbed her eyes, then looked at her watch.

"Oh no, I'm going to be late for Football practice!"

Rainbow zoomed out of the library, just as Rarity put down a book and turned to Vice Principal Luna. "Do you think she'll get the joke?"

"She's going to get Something, alright," Luna said with a little chuckle.


The Canterlot High School sports team The Wonderbolts, were practicing some football while their coach, Cheerilee, watched them with a concerned look.

Where's Rainbow Dash? She should've been here five minutes ago! The Wonderbolts can't practice without their star player on the field!

"Sorry, I'm late!"

The practice was put on hold as soon as everybody looked-and gasped-at what Rainbow Dash was wearing.

Not because she looked bad, in fact, she looked quite fabulous: a sky blue dress with white highlights and tones resembling clouds, boots with little wings on them, and a dark blue bow tying her hair into a ponytail.

"What's wrong?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Is there Something on my face?"

"Rainbow Dash!"

The girl turned around and was met with Luna looking at her with disapproval.

"What makes you think this is appropriate attire for sports practice?"

Rainbow raised an eyebrow, then looked down, with one simple response:

"What the heck is this?!"

"Rainbow Dash, while I will concede you look good when you try to make yourself look presentable, it's not an excuse to miss two classes in a row," Vice Principal Luna stated sternly.

"I-I wasn't putting this on! I was just taking a nap!"

"That's not any better," Luna pointed at the changing room. "Now go get changed, young lady."

Rainbow slumped and walked to the changing room, bumping into Rarity in the process.

"Oh, hi Rainbow Dash," she greeted, quickly eyeing the dress before she hastily added, "I saw what happened. If it makes you feel any better, I think you look great with the dress!"

Rainbow Dash folded her arms. "You're the one who put this dress on me, aren't you?"

Rarity opened her mouth as if to say Something, but Rainbow Dash beat her to it: "Why else would you be anywhere near the field?"

"Right..." Rarity twiddled her fingers. "Sorry, It's just that your snoring disturbed the peace and quiet of the library, and Vice Principal Luna suggested me to put this dress on you as a prank."

Rainbow Dash turned to glare at the woman, but she had already bolted inside with a cheeky smile.

"I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy the prank," Rarity blurted, rubbing her arm. "I just wanted to teach you a lesson for sleeping and... Snoring... Yeah, that's a weak reason now that I say it out loud."

Upon hearing this, Rainbow gave Rarity a sly look. "Well, as a compensation, I think I'm going to take your spot as the most fashionable girl on the group!"

Rarity smiled back. "Not if I have something to say about that!"

The girls shared a healthy laugh, and bid farewell to each other as Rainbow went to get changed out of Rarity's little...

Fashion Prank.

Author's Note:

So, two years later, I post another story just in time for MLP to finish for good...

I need to get my timing skills in check XD.

This story was a prompt from Jblaser, who asked for a RariDash story. I hope you enjoyed it, buddy!

Draxonos135, flying away!

Comments ( 6 )

It's a good thing she switched from a skirt to pants, otherwise this would look very indecent.

You do remember she wore a long pair of shorts under her skirt, right? Somehow a lot of people seem to forget it.

Not because she looked bad, in fact, she looked quite fabulous: a sky blue dress with white highlights and tones resembling clouds, boots with little wings on them, and a dark blue bow tying her hair into a ponytail.

:rainbowlaugh: Rarity that was amazing chose for fashion prank

9880108
Would Rarity care? What matters is that Rainbow isn't covering herself. How unladylike.

I once recall seeing an image where rainbow dash got embarrassed wearing a dress at school

kinda want to wonder what the dress looked like that rainbow felt embarrassed in

At least there were no joke cookies involved this time, or cookie-craving zombies! :rainbowlaugh::twilightblush::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment