• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 699 Views, 15 Comments

Blue Electric's Destiny - Blueelectric



This is the story of Blue Electric the bat pony

  • ...
2
 15
 699

Ch.16:Overworked

Blue, Spitfire, and Blue's friends were at the Manehatten train station to wait for the train to take them home. Brownie Batter and her daughter, Snickerdoodle was there to send them off.

Blue hugged Brownie. "Thanks for having us over. I promise to write to you for every chance that I get." Brownie hugged her back.

She giggled. "You better."

Blue turn to Snickerdoodle as they parted from the hug. "And you, little one. Have a fun Nightmare Night, okay?" The tan batfilly smiled and hugged her.

"I will, Auntie Blue. I'm gonna miss you." She said as Blue hugged her back. The train soon appear and halted to a stop. The conducter hopped out.

"Train to Ponyville! All aboared!" He hollered. Blue and her friends started to get on the train. Blue paused and waved at the batpony mother and daughter and hopped on as well.

Blue and Spitfire took a seat as Blue look out the window and watched as the large city dwindled away in the distance. She then turn to her marefriend, who was watching her with a loving smile.

Spitfire wrapped her wing around her and kissed her cheek. Blue grinned and leaned against her as they watched the world outside the train.

*****

Sunday has gone by fast as Blue woke up from her own bed. She sighed. Another nightmare about her father. She can't even remember the last time she slept without dreaming about him. And if it isn't that dream, it's the other one with the gorge and the wolves made out of timber.

She got out of bed and streached and walked towards her bathroom, pausing to give a sleeping Wisp a nuzzle as she walked by.

She got into the shower and turned on the warm water. She sighed in content as the warm water run down her back. After her shower, she opened her window and hopped out, deciding to take a long flight through town to take her mind off things.

After flying for awhile, Blue spotted a cloud and deciding to sat on it and watch the town below. Her ears perked as she heard a sound of a distressed filly. "Help!"

She took off in an instant and followed the sound until she spotted a pink earth pony filly, wearing a tiara on her head, stuck in a tree. Another filly on the ground below her, silver in color and wearing glasses look on in horror. Blue recognised the two fillys; Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

The pink filly was reaching out for a black cat above her. She paused and glared down at Silver. "Silvie, I told you! There's nothing to worry about! I need to get Blackie down!" She shouted as she continued to reach for her cat. "Besides, what's the worst that could happen? The branch breaking and causing me to fall?" Diamond scoffed.

As soon as she said that, the branch did what she said, causing her to fall. Blue caught her before she hit the ground. Blue lowered her next to her friend and flew up to grab the cat. She paused as the cat hissed at her.

Blue ignored him and grabbed him anyways, causing the angry black cat to claw her cheek. "Ow! I'm trying to help you here!" She snapped. She gave the cat back to her owner.

Diamond beemed. "Thanks miss!" She winced as the filly gave her cheek a look. "I'm sorry that he scratched you. Blackie doesn't like other ponies but me."

Blue grimaced as she placed her hoof on her scratched cheek. "I'm fine. But please get him trained. And next time, get an adult to help you out, okay?"

The two rich fillies nodded and walked away.

Blue turn around as she heard hoofsteps behind her. Applejack, Twilight, and Fluttershy was walking towards her. "Hey, Blue. Do you have a minute?"

"Sure. What do you need?" She asked. She noticed there glowing flanks. "You three going on a Friendship mission?" Her three friends nodded.

"That's why we need to talk to you." Twilight admitted. "You don't mind to help Spike and Starlight rearranged the books in the castle library don't you?"

"And help around the farm?" Added Applejack.

"I need help with my animal friends." Fluttershy said shyly. "If you don't mind, that is."

Blue took a moment to think about it. They might be gone for a whole week and Blue also need to do her night guarding work too. She'll never have time to sleep. But on the bright side, she get to avoid her dreams.

"Sure! I'll do it!" She said with determination.

*****

Blue walk towards Fluttershy's cottage, deciding to check up on Fluttershy's animals first. The yellow pegasus told her she already fed them this morning, but she said she got an injured bear needing medications. Fluttershy said she was about to do it when the Map called her.

She spotted the bear right away as reached the cottage. Blue paused to look at him. The bear is huge. He stared at her with curiosity. She walked up to him and notice a huge scratch on him. Blue figured he's been in a fight.

Blue walk into the cottage to get the medication and walk out. She hovered over him and landed on his back. She slowly walk towards his shoulder and apply the medicane on the wound.

The bear roared in pain and lifted himself on his hind legs, throwing Blue off. The bat pony landed hard on her back on the ground, stunning her for a minute.

She groan as she rolled onto her legs and stand up. She opened her wings and hovered neared him, managing to banadge it before he took a swipe at her.

Feeling like her work here is done, she decided to go to Sweet Apple Acres to help out on the farm.

*****

After a long day of bucking apples and rearranging books, Blue trotted towards the museum for work. She hopped in her through her window, shut it, fed Wisp, got on her uniform and went into the main part of the building.

She grabbed the keys and lock up the exibits. She then patrol the building, making sure there's no thefts walking about. Blue continued her patrols until midnight, even past midnight, until the first light of the next day.

She look at the clock on the desk. 8:30? Should I get some shut eye? She shook her head in determination. No. I got other stuff I need to do. I don't have time to sleep.

She walk towards her room and hopped out of the window, deciding to feed Fluttershy's animal friends.

*****
It is now Friday and Blue already feel the affect of not sleeping the whole week. She spend every day and night, working hard. And her stomach is growling for not eating as much.

As much as she needs to sleep, she can't. Her friends and the muesem needs her.

She was about to finish another round of bucking apples when she heard the sound of hoofs landed beside her. "There you are Blue. Rainbow had told me you were working your tail off, so I decided to check up on you." Blue recognised the voice of her marefriend.

Spitfire gasped in shock as she got a good look at her lover. Blue got bags under her eyes and look like she's about to collasped from exhaustion any minute. "Did you even sleep at all this week?" She asked in concern.

Blue shook her head. "I can't. Way too busy." She said. She picked up the basket full of apples on her back and started to head towards the barn. But she collasped before she got there, dropping it.

With eyes widened, Spitfire rushed to her side and find that she was sleeping. She crouched down and gently eased the sleeping bat pony onto her back. She then lifted her wings and flew through town. She landed at the muesem and hopped through the already opened basement window.

Spitfire then gently lowered Blue onto her bed and curled up next to her. Spitfire lifted her hoof and gently caress her face. Blue started to stur and slowly opened her eyes.

Her eyes met with a very stern Spitfire. "Blue. Why didn't you sleep at all this week?" She demanded with a hint of worry. Blue's ears pinned back against her head.

"I'm sorry Spitty, it's just I had way to much time on my hoofs and I didn't have the time." She said as lowered her head in shame.

"Why didn't you asked for help?" Spitfire asked.

Blue blinked and yawned. "I didn't think of that."

Spitfire sighed. "And now you are paying the price. Blue, please promise me to never do this again."

Blue sighed and closed her eyes. "I promise. I learned my lesson." She said as she drift back to sleep. Spitfire giggled and kissed her forehead.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment