• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 4,282 Views, 76 Comments

Flying Through the Storm - volrathxp



Cloudchaser / Thunderlane Shipfic set in Hurricane Fluttershy.

  • ...
5
 76
 4,282

Epilogue: The Road Ahead

Flying Through the Storm

Epilogue: The Road Ahead

“You sure about this?” Thunderlane said. He looked apprehensive. I grinned sharply at my stallion.

“I'm sure,” I said. “We said we'd do this together, and we're going to do it.”

“Do you think we're ready?” Thunderlane asked. I chuckled.

“Please... we've been training for what... almost a year now?” I replied. “We're both ready. And you know it.” Thunderlane nodded. I picked up the two envelopes we had brought to the postal service office. Each one had our names on it. They were addressed to the Wonderbolts Academy.

“Well... ready when you are,” Thunderlane said. I nodded, pulling open the mailbox and stuffing the two envelopes inside.

“Wonderbolts Academy, here we come! Be ready for Thunderlane and Cloudchaser!”

Author's Note:

And there you have it folks.  So ends the first chapter of Cloudchaser and Thunderlane's story.  Look for more of these two in “Stormy Skies”!

Comments ( 15 )

2898056

Yes indeed! She definitely does get teamed up with Snowflake. Going to have a ton of fun with that.

Well then, here we go!
images.wikia.com/the-house-of-anubis/images/0/0b/Geronimo.gif

Great story. I was very eager to see if the whole triangle would get sorted out on a happy note. Well done!

2899608

Thanks! I am aware that the pacing was a little faster than I'd hoped, but I'm not honestly displeased. I did have a lot of fun with this story so I definitely want to write more later on with them.

2901283 The pacing was a tad fast, but it was easily overlooked.
A notable enjoyment was how Blossomforth was portrayed as a mean girl; I always imagined her as a BBF with CC and Flitter or in her Winningverse persona. Again, well done!

D48

This was very good, although Blossomforth's behavior kept throwing me because I am very used to her portrayal in the Winningverse.:derpytongue2:

There was also one recurring grammatical error I noticed which I want to point out. The plural form "pegasi" is not used after the word "every" because that establishes it as the plural, although I am not 100% sure which rule this is. This means it would be "every pegasus" rather than "every pegasi" sort of like how the show uses "every pony" instead of "every ponies" when referring to a group.

I was also wondering if you were planning on posting a new "chapter" when you get the sequel out because I am very much looking forwards to that, but I have no interest in the Fallout Equestria universe.

2910606

Having never heard of this Winningverse, I have no frame of reference there. Blossomforth evolved as the 'mean girl' because I needed an antagonist from within the episode and she fit the bill better than anypony else.

Thanks for pointing those things out, I will look into them at some point.

I have yet to even start on the sequel so....

D48

2911217 How have you not heard of those stories? They are absolutlely amazing, and Cloud Kicker is tons of fun. Oh well, the core story is The Life and Times of a Winning Pony and there are a number of spinoffs you can find in the group page.

Beyond that I do understand why you did what you did with Blossomforth and it did work in the story, it is just jarring because I am used to a very different portrayal of her.

As for the sequel, I really just want to make sure I do not miss it because I do not want to clog up my feed with stuff I have no interest in if I can avoid it.

2911652

I shall add it to the list. :twilightsmile:

It's probably because I've never been much of a Cloud Kicker fan, myself. But I like ponyfics, so I'll give it a shot.

And yeah, I'll probably make a blog post or something when I push out Stormy Skies. Right now, I'm working though Chapter 27 of my main fic, and when I get rolling on something like that its hard for me to switch gears to something else.

D48

2911686 You won't regret it. It is a fantastic story which adds some wonderful characters to the universe.

As for the sequel, I was really hoping for a new chapter because I have zero interest in your main fic because it is Fallout Equestria and would rather not have to sift through blog posts about that. I already have to sort through a significant amount of junk from other authors I am only partially interested in, and I would rather not add to that when a simple notification chapter here can bypass the entire problem.

2911754

Well, rest assured I'll make sure you know. :twilightsmile:

D48

2911842 Thanks!:twilightsmile:

This is an awsome story

What's this? A story featuring Flitter and Cloudchaser that actually sounds like it may be worth reading?

Glad I clicked on D48's profile. It's a lonely world, only knowing the two in my own fledgling writing. I'll be reading this later. :yay:

Ehhh... Actually, I'm afraid I lost interest pretty quickly. A good example of why would be having "then" three times in the same sentence (even if it was a line of dialogue). A lot of clutter and heavyhanded narrative.

Sorry to say that I don't plan on continuing, but I gave it a shot. Keep it up, though, if you're still writing stuff. :twistnerd:

Login or register to comment