• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 2,361 Views, 18 Comments

New Elements - Barrobroadcaster



A young man discovers that My Little Pony is more real than he was lead to belive.

  • ...
2
 18
 2,361

New Elements

The alarm on my clock goes off at 8:00a.m. I open my eyes and it's just then I realize I'm back in my apartment. I don't even remember going to sleep. I reach out to turn off the alarm. I pull my hand back and examine it. A normal, human hand. I see the green box that has the Element in it on my nightstand. Slowly, I examine the rest of myself. I've still got the clothes on I was wearing. No hooves, no mane, no tail. I reach over and grab the box. I slide back the lid, pick out the necklace in brown wrapping and unwrap it. It's whole, undamaged. Had it all been a dream? I set it down on the nightstand.

I look at the t.v in my room. The last scene from My Little Pony: Friendship is magic is still frozen on the screen. Maybe it was all just a dream. I lay back in bed, lost in thought. Just then, I see a glow out of the corner of my eye. I see the necklace on my nightstand glowing. It glows brighter and unleashes a yellow ray. The ray stops right in front of my bed, flattens out into a disc and I realize it's another portal. Twilight Sparkle steps through and the portal closes behind her.

"Twilight Sparkle!" I shout out loud. "It's good to see you up Nathan." she says. "What happened last night?" I ask her. "Well, after what happened on the rooftop, you kind of blacked out and we took you back here." "So it wasn't all a dream." I said. "Where are the others?" "They're already in Ponyville. We've got the rest of the elements back where they belong now." she answers. I think for a moment, relieved everything worked out okay. "So it's all over then." "Eeyup." she replies. I look at the element on my nightstand. I reach over and grab and hold it in both hands, looking at the gem and the band. It's hard for me to believe all the trouble this little piece of jewelry started. "We were able to use the Elements while we were human. Why did it change us into ponies? And why did it do all that other stuff?" I ask. Twilight walks over to the side of the bed. "Magic is like that sometimes. I think the elements behaved like that while we were traveling so that we could get where we needed to go faster. As for turning you into ponies, there's more to the elements than just what you look like. It's the feeling in your heart that gives you the power to use their magic. You represented the elements long before you became a pony. In that regard, you've always been an Equestrian." she says.

I look down at the small band in my hands. "I guess it was pretty lucky how things turned out." Twilight smiles. "That's not the Element of Luck Nathan. It's the Element of Love. You activated it by taking a chance for Leena. So really, you've been making your own luck." Twilight says. "So, what will happen if I put it back on?" I ask her. "I don't know for sure but I can tell you the others already have. Why don't you take a chance and find out?" she opens up a portal in front of us and turns back to me with a smile. I smile too and slip the element on my wrist.

We step out of the portal and into Ponyville, right inside Twilight's living room it looks like. The floor feels comfortable against my hooves. I see all my friends, ponies, socializing throughout the room. Rainbow Dash and Sam chat together, leaning on a wall while sipping mugs of cider. Fluttershy and Sara sit by the window, looking outside. Dave, Rarity and Applejack each sit on pillows sprawled out in the center of the room while Pinkie Pie and Monica read a book. Pinkie laughs outloud at something. I look over to see it's the world history book from before. "What a funny story. But I'm so glad it had a happy ending!" Pinkie says as she closes the book and gives it to Spike, Twilight's baby dragon assistant. They all look up to see me and Twilight. "Hey guys!" Leena says, trotting over. We embrace in a warm hug and nuzzle, looking into each other's eyes. "Welcome to Ponyville!" Spike says, putthing the book back.

"So Nathan, you happy you took a chance?" Leena asks me. I look into her eyes. "With you Leena, there's no way I could ever lose." I hold her close and we kiss. The room goes quiet and we hear a couple 'awws' escape the occupants.

There's a knock on the door and Spike goes to answer it. He opens the cottage door and in steps a regal-looking all white pony, twice as tall as all of us. She has a long horn and large wings. Her colorful mane flows like whisps of clouds in the sky mixed with the gentle waves of an ocean. She sports a warm smile and though I'm wondering what she's doing her, it's nice to see Princess Celestia.

"Princess!" Twilight says, trotting over to her mentor and the ruler of Equestria. "Hello Twilight. It's good to see our new guests in Ponyville." "I've already told her everything. Discovery and Queen Chrysalis have made peace. They're going to get married in Canterlot!" Twilight exclaims with giddy excitement. "Now that's something I've got to see." Sam says. "It seems you've all made some new discoveries today. You've all made new friends and discovered a new magic, the magic of love. We would be honored if all of you would join us in Ponyville to uncover more about these new elements." Princess Celestia said.

I nodded, happier than ever. Everypony else nodded in agreement. "You want me to write to you Princess?" I ask her. She nodded. "Whenever you learn something new about the magic of love. I'm sure you'll learn more all the time." "I'll get started right away. Spike, would you help me out here?" I ask Twilight's assistant. "Sure thing Nathan." he says, grabbing a quill. I hold onto Leena and look into her eyes. "Dear Princess Celestia," I begin. "There's only one light on in the store as I walk in..."

Comments ( 5 )

1721178 It is still in the 'rough draft' phase, a friend of mine is helping me edit it. As you can probably tell, it's a complex story so I anticipated a few holes to fill. I started this story in August and just completed it a few days ago. I've had to go back a few times already to make adjustments, make things tie in together better, etc so please if you find any more mistakes, let me know immediately. As far as Celestia not knowing something, there were things she didn't know about the Crystal Empire so her knowledge is not unlimited. I know, a book in Twilight's library is one thing but where exactly did this book come from? Why is it they JUST NOW found out about it?

good story. I really enjoyed the ending. You should read up on writing though, format was hard to understand. I hope you write more! :rainbowkiss:

2279370 This was my first attempt at creative writing since high school so it's to be expected. It's actually in the same format I read from a teleprompter on which is why it's so condensed. New Elements is still in a rough draft form but it was an idea I just had to get out and felt like submitting at the same time, my other works are slightly better, at least I hope so.

This story needs to be edited a lot. Hopefully, one day it will be.

3561737 My first and if I ever get around to getting it edited, one of my best. Thank you:heart:

Login or register to comment