• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 2,362 Views, 18 Comments

New Elements - Barrobroadcaster



A young man discovers that My Little Pony is more real than he was lead to belive.

  • ...
2
 18
 2,362

Breaking up

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flew us one by one to the ground in an alley near Sam's brother's apartment. The building was in busier neighborhood than my apartment on the opposite side of town. We approached the elevator to see a middle-aged man in a suit, tie and breifcase walking out. He avoided us as we walked past him. "Excuse us!" Leena says as we pass. He goes wide-eyed and stares at us as we get on the elevator before quickly turning and walking away. It's a bit crowded but we're able to fit inside with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Sam flying. The man looks back at us one more time as the doors close. Sam hits the button for the fourth floor and the elevator ascends.

The moment the elevator doors open we hear two muffled voices shouting. "Uh oh." Sam says as he walks over to the door. He's about to knock when we hear something smash in the background. "This was the other reason I wanted to call..." Sam admits. Sam knocks on the door and calls out. "Hey, Dave! Monica! It's uh, it's Sam and I-" he's cutoff abruptly by what sounds like a plate hitting the wall. One of the loud voices gets closer to the door, the female one who I assume must be "Monica". "Uh, guys, if you can hear me, you might want to wait a minute before opening-" Sam is cutoff again as a woman opens the door. We all collectively greet the small red-haired woman and she faints shortly after.

"I was afraid of this." Sam says, looking at the limp body on the floor. "Monica, just give me a minu-" A man with shoulder length blond hair and a goatee stopped as he saw the cartoon ponies at his doorstep. "Hey Dave." Sam says. "What is going on? What is this? Who... what are you? What did you do to Monica?!" Dave shouts as he cowers behind the door. "Dave, it's Sam. Your brother?" Sam says, getting closer to the door. "I can explain everything." "Why do you sound like Sam?!" "Because it is me Dave! I... we..." "Oh for crying out loud! My Little Pony is real and we've been turned into ponies so we can use these magical elements to stop Discord from controlling the world." Leena explains abruptly. "Well... that pretty much sums it up." Sam says. "Wait, do you mean you guys are cartoons?" Monica says, her face looking up from the floor. We all nod slowly.

"Monica, are you okay?" Dave asks, putting his arms on her shoulders to help her up. She brushes him off. "I'm fine Dave and don't think this changes anything." she says as she stands up. "What's wrong you guys?" Sam asks. "We uh... um..." Dave begins but Monica finishes for him, "Sam lost another job." she says in an irritated tone. "Your brother can't seem to commit to anything." "We really don't have time for this." I say but entire group shushes me simultaneously and turns to back with eyes wide and sympathetic to listen. I let out a heavy sigh and slumped to the floor myself.

"What happened you guys?" Leena asks. "He's been fired from every job he's ever had, he can't hold onto work for more than a month!" Monica says, exasperated. "I'm tired of supporting both of us. He even got fired from the job I got him working with me at the library." Dave hung his head low, not even trying to disagree. "He keeps trying to get 'recognition' as an 'artist' but it's time he spent some time in the real world." Dave's head seemed to sink lower as she went on. The room went quiet for a few long seconds. Dave picked his head up. "So what did you guys come over for?"

"Well, as Leena said we're looking for the Elements of Heroism." I said, shaking my own element in the air. "We've found three so far and our only clue has been this piece of paper." I say, showing them the scroll that listed the elements. "Wait, this is out of one of our books from the library! Where did you get this?" Monica says, examining the parchment. "We found it with one of the other elements in a jewelry store at the mall. We don't know how it got there." Leena explains. "Maybe we could find the book it came from and that would give us more clues. Could you maybe, take us to the library?"

"The library's closed right now but Monica has a key." Dave says. "Because unlike some people, they trust me to actually show up." Monica says, glaring at Dave. Dave lowers his head again. "Wait, why do we all have to go? Won't people get freaked out when they see you?" Monica asks. "We're not the only ones looking for the elements." Twilight says with a grim determination in her voice. "Discord, an old nemisis is on Earh too. We've already ran into him twice. We don't know when or where he'll show up, it's too dangerous to go alone." "All right then but how are all of us going to fit in the same car?" Dave asks.

"Me Sam and Fluttershy can just fly there. We'll follow from above and keep an eye out for trouble." Rainbow Dash said, sporting a cocky grin. "Oh, well if there's going to be trouble I'll be following you a little closer..." Fluttershy says. "I can't believe we're actually doing this. Let me get my keys... since someone still doesn't have a car." Monica says again. Dave resumes looking at the floor as Monica heads inside.

"So what's wrong bro? You didn't show up for work or something?" Sam asks. "Eh, yeah. A couple dozen times..." Dave admits. "I'm just... I want to focus on what I love. I know my sculpting is good but having a job just gets in the way of it and-" "You just need to do it faster! It'll be easier and you'll save so much more time!" Rainbow exclaimed. "I don't think a job works that way Rainbow. Maybe you need better scheduling." Twilight suggests. "Yeah but THEY make the schedule for ME." Dave says, his tone depressed. "I know how one suffers for their work Dave. But getting the job done can be satisfying in its own way." Rarity says. "Yeah, I guess." Dave says. "But they already fired me. I'm not going to get another chance." "Maybe you could ask them? I'm sure they'd considered it if you asked nicely." Fluttershy said. Dave picked his head up."I appreciate what you all are trying to do but I just need a little time. I just hope Monica will forgive me."

Monica appeared again with her keys. "All right let's get going." she announces. We open the doors to the elevator and a few of us step inside. Rainbow, however, has already opened a window and she, Fluttershy and Sam head take to the skies. It's sitll a little crowded and awkwardly silent as the elevator descends to the ground floor. We exit through the front and it's already gotten dark outside. We all get inside Monica's car, a large military-style SUV painted bright red. It looks kind of initimdating honestly as made no less intimidating by the small red-haired woman getting in the driver's side. Dave sits in the passenger's side quietly. Twilight, Rarity, Leena and I take spots in the back and the car starts. We pull out into the road as Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Sam fly over us.

It's just then that my Element of Luck starts reacting. I look to the bracelet on my foreleg as it glows. The car begins to accelerate. "What's going on?!" Monica asks, gripping the wheel tighter. I look over to Leena and her Element lights up too! I turn to Twilight who looks at me with a face approaching panic. Our speed continues to increase and then so does our altitude! At first the massive vehicle is only a few feet off the ground but it doesn't stop there. Soon, we're soaring over the rooftops of office buildings as the vehicle flies through the air! Monica screams, Dave screams, Twilight and Rarity scream, Leena screams, I scream!!

"How do we stop this?!" Monica shouts as she grips the wheel. There's nothing we can do though considering the car's over thirty feet in the air! We can't stop, turning the wheel does nothing, we're literally helpless because of these two bracelets! "This is it! This is it! I'm going to die a cartoon pony next to characters from my favorite show! At least I'm with you Nathan!" Leena says, hugging me. "Leena calm down! You're not helping! The same thing happened to Nathan's car on the way to you this morning!" Twilgiht said. "It did? So this is normal then?" Leena asks, calming slightly. My heart sank as I looked over at Twilight who just shook her head. "But it's a lot better than this morning! I mean, at least I'm with you!" I hold her tightly.

Just then, the car jerks. "Where do you guys think you're going in such a hurry?" Rainbow Dash asks. "Oh thank goodness Rainbow!" Rarity exclaims. "It's all right guys! We got ya." Sam says. The car returns to a stable speed as the three pegasi hold onto the sides, leveling us out. The car collectively breaths a sigh of relief until Sam says, "Uh, what's going on?" The vehicle then begins accelerating again! "This thing on my wing is glowing!" It must've been his Element! Mine and Leena's were still glowing too! It was the car ride this morning all over again except now we were flying! Our screams this time were joined by three screams from the sides of the car as well.

The car flew through the air like a small plane. "Rainbow! You've got to pull us down to the road!" Twilight shouted out the window. "I... I can't! It won't budge! Something's keeping you up!" Rainbow shouted back. An office building appeared right in front of us. I saw the reflection of the headlights in the mirror windows. "Rainbow, Sam, Fluttershy! Pull to the right together!" They pull and we slowly bank right, narrowly missing the building. "How are we going to get down Nathan?" Leena asks. I look at my still glowing Element. I had an idea.

"We have to get out!" I say. Everyone stairs at me like I'd gone crazy. "The car's acting like this because of the Elements! Sam, Fluttershy and Rainbow, get us out one at a time! Leena, you and me will go last!" I tell the group. "It's our only shot." Twilight says in agreement. "Okay, Rarity, open your door!" Rarity touches the handle and the door swings open. Fluttershy grabs her and gets her out. Twilight does the same and Rainbow gets her out of the other side. Next, Dave and Monica were out and soon Leena and I were left with Rainbow Dash holding onto our vehicle. "What about us Nathan? If we leave, won't the car fall?" she asks. "I hope Monica has ensurance." Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy grasp us both. We'd barely gotten out of the doors when the car drops like a stone behind us. It tumbles through the air before landing in the street, smashing to pieces.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy set us down next to a furious Monica and relieved Dave. "Monica, I'm just happy we're alive!" Dave says. "My... my car! You know how expensive that thing was?!" "It's okay, Monica, really. It landed, more or less intact we should be able to get it fixed up no problem." Sam says, trying to consol Monica. Leena nudges me, non-verbally telling me to help calm her down. "Oh, uh yeah. It... it'll buff out." I say, looking at the wreck. Monica and Dave look over at the car again and as if on cue, the car erupts into flames. Smoke billows high into the night and the mirror windows around us reflect the scene of the fire. The entire street is lit up. "It'll buff out." I say again. We did have magic after all, even if it was what destroyed the car in the first place. "Uh, let's get going guys. The library's this way. Let's uh.... let's just walk there. Enjoy the night air right? Right..." Sam says, leading the way and doing his best to distract the group from the burning vehicle scant few meters behind us.