• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 2,360 Views, 18 Comments

New Elements - Barrobroadcaster



A young man discovers that My Little Pony is more real than he was lead to belive.

  • ...
2
 18
 2,360

Skywalking

No one that had been part of the hypnotized audience bothered us as we walked to the parking lot. Maybe it's because we were at a carnival, maybe it's because they'd just been hypnotized, whatever the reason, they didn't bother us as they slowly made their way out the front gates. Sam was talking to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy about flying, Rarity had found a way to put on Sam's t-shirt and Twilight and Leena were busy looking over the piece of parchment that was our only clue as to finding the rest of the Elements. "So how are we going to call your brother?" I asked Sam. "I left my cell phone in the car. I figured I didn't want to lose it if we we happened to ride any of the rides." "How are you going to dial it with hooves?" "Well, uh, maybe Twilight or Rarity can use their magic." "I don't think I've ever used a sell-phone before. This should be interesting." Rarity says.

We got over to Sam's car. It was getting late in the afternoon and the clouds Discord had spawned had already disappated. Sam opened the car door and retrieved his cell phone. It's a good thing he took his keys with him. I remembered my car. I wondered if it had been towed yet. He grasped the phone in his hooves and handed it to Twilight who levitated it and examined it before her. "So this is a phone?" she asks. "Yeah, you can use it to talk to people far away on their phones." Sam explained. "Interesting." Carefully, Sam explains how to use the device and soon Twilight dials his brother's number. Setting it to speaker, he places it on the car seat and waits. The phone rings. And rings. And rings. Before going to answering machine. The answering message plays, "Hi this is Dave Marshall, I'm not avialable right now but if you-" "Hmm. Twilight, hit the redial button." Twilight presses the button again with her magic. After a few rings, the phone picks up. All we're able to hear is static from the other end, no voices. "What's wrong?" asked Rarity. "I don't know. That shouldn't happen." Sam answered.

"This is a waste of time." said Rainbow Dash, hovering over the car. "Why don't we just fly over there? I'm eager to try out these skies anyway." "I kind of want to give my bro a heads up first... I mean, just so he doesn't freak out or something." "I understand. I don't like being startled either..." Fluttershy says. "Uhhgh, fine. Keep trying him on his fown then." Rainbow Dash sighs. We try a few more times but either get his answering machine or more static. "Okay, something's obviously wrong." Sam says. "I think Rainbow's right. Let's just fly over there. He's going to find out eventually, might as well get it over with." I say to everypony. "All right, so we flying?" Rainbow asks. "I'm a little nervous... I don't really know how to fly yet." Sam says. "I'll teach you." Rainbow says, picking Sam up off the ground. "Waaaaaa-whoa! Easy now!" "All right now, flap those wings." "Okay..." Rainbow lets go. He falls for a minute before his wings start flapping faster and soon, he's able to maintain lift. "Looking good Sam." "Rainbow dash encourages him. "I... I think I've got it! Wow, this is so cool!" He says, slowly moving through the air. "Okay, now for stage two." "What's stage two-wwaaaaaaaaahhh!!" Sam screams as Rainbow grasps onto his right hoof and takes him speeding off into the sky. She flies around the entire amusement park with maneuverability no aircraft could match. All the while holding onto Sam, she flies directly overhead. "THISSSSSSSSSSS ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AWESSSSSSSSOMMMEEEE!!!!!" we hear Sam as he speeds by. Rainbow lets go of him again but follows close, Sam banks slowly and heads back down to us. "That was the most amazing thing that has ever happened in MY LIFE!!!!" Sam exclaims, sounding a tad winded.

"All right, you think you can find your bro's place from high up?" Rainbow asks Sam. "I... I think so. It might take a minute, I'm not used to flying above town but yeah, we should be able to find his apartment no problem." "Well, that takes care of you but what about us?" Leena asks the pegasi. "Maybe we could use the wings spell?" Leena says with an eager smile spreading across her face. "I still would need to examine the materials first. I just haven't studied this world enough yet." Twilight explained. Leena kicked the ground, disappointed. "Maybe I can use the cloudwalking spell though." Leena perked up immediately. "We wouldn't have to make all those turns so it would still be faster than driving." Sam said. "I don't know much about clouds on Earth but magic seems to work the same way. Let's give it a shot!" Twilight says.

Twilight caste a spell on all our hooves. "All right, now Rainbow and Twilight can carry us up to cloud level." Twilight says. "Good thing it's still overcast." Leena remarked as Fluttershy picked her off the ground. "Hold on tight now." Rainbow says as she grasps me from under my shoulders. In seconds the ground beneath my feet is meters away. My heart starts racing as we climb higher and higher. I felt completely safe though as we soared into the cloudy sky. My ears didn't even pop as we broke through the cloud layer. Underneath the clouds are dark and grey but above it looks like a moutain range of autumnal colors. The sun bathed the clouds in oranges and violets, creating a rolling sea of gorgeous colors. The clouds feel soft and cool under my hooves as Rainbow set me down next to Leena before shooting underneath the clouds again. Only moments later Twilight and Rarity are beside us and as a group, we head out in the direction Sam's leading us.

"Nathan this is amazing!" Leena says, bouncing up and downs as we walk along. "This definitely beats the tunnel of love, that's for sure." I remark, amazed at the breathtaking view. The puffy oranges, lavenders and purples coalesce together under our hooves as we trot along. "Oh Nathan can we get a picture of us here?" she asks. "My phone has a camera in it, hold on." Sam says, flying over to us. He reaches under his bracelet to get the phone but a strong gust hits him and he drops it. "Oh no, my cell phone!" he says as it punches a hole through the cloud floor. "I got it!" Rainbow calls and shoots through the clouds to retrieve it. She comes up a few seconds later, her head covered in cloud. "Darn it, I lost it. There's something wrong with your clouds, they keep getting in my eyes and I can't move them around!" Rainbow says, shaking the clouds off of her. "I'm sorry Sam, I should've spelled your phone too." Twilight says. "It's all right. It's not much use to me with hooves anyway." "Maybe we can get you one that's more pony compatible." Rarity says. "Too bad we can't get a picture now." Leena says. "I don't think we need one Leena. I know I'm going to remember this moment forever." I say as I pull Leena in for a light kiss. "That's... that's so romantic." Rarity says, tearing up. "Come on everypony, let's get moving before the sun goes down." Twilight says. Leena and I join the others, hoof in hoof as we walk on the sunset colored sky.