• ...
2
 80
 581

A Better World

I landed, and the smoke cleared dramatically around me as I looked around. There was no trace of the Merchant, or anything else for that matter. The whole place was empty of anything, except Vapour, who looked at me in amazement.

"You did it!" she cried, and galloped, throwing her forelegs around my neck. "We stopped the Merchant!"

I indicated to the ruined equipment just starting to drop from the ceiling. "Yeah," I said, "but that's busted the return portal. The machines are gone. They were the only link to our old life. It's gone forever, and we can never go back."

"But at least we have each other," Vapour smiled, and she pulled back. "And before you ask, I forgive you for what you said to me that day. Man, that infodump must have been nasty!"

"You're asking me," I laughed. I then produced the ring once more. I had kept it, as the cost of it had been the sort of thing to make me not want to throw it away. Besides, I knew at the back of my mind I was making a big mistake. "Vapour, I know I've already asked this, but will you marry me?"

Her crashing into me once again more than answered that question for me. It was most certainly a yes.


This time around, the wedding went perfectly. I didn't get any flashes (neither did Vapour), nopony was drunk, neither the groom's father nor bride's father gave awkward and embarassing speeches, nopony tripped on anything or was sick, the DJ was amazing, and the cake was cut with no difficulty.

Then came time for me and my new wife to dance. We stepped into the centre of the dance floor, the lights dimmed and all pony's attention upon us. I looked forward into her eyes, just as a tune I knew well from my old life began playing.

Whoever would have known that Carly Rae Jepsen would have suited us so well? And I suppose it was true; I really, really, really, really, really, really like Vapour.

A few months after the wedding, we got some wonderful news. Vapour had been feeling a bit off for a while, and went and got her symptoms checked with a doctor. The night I learned I was gonna be a dad was the best of my life thus far, and as I write this, we're about to head off to find out the gender.

See you all soon, and keep flying!

Comments ( 22 )

Don't forget to hit the complete button. :raritywink:

10027495
Thanks. 6 Universal Nights shall commence soon.

10027502
It should be great fun.

10027516
Expect to see a 1st chapter on Tuesday.

10027519
Now to finish allocating rides.

10027521
Oh, it is. Two parks, 6 days, and more than 30 TFs.

10027542
Sure is. 8 Magic Nights has 24.

10027821
8 nights, 3 per night.

10030443
Well, I saw you first, so there.

Login or register to comment