• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 2,418 Views, 366 Comments

Letters to Cozy Glow - Fluttercheer



Time after time, Twilight Sparkle tried to find out the reasons for Cozy Glow's actions and got rejected. But maybe a special team of ponies and creatures could succeed where she and her friends have failed. She was not going to give up so easily.

  • ...
12
 366
 2,418

PreviousChapters Next
A Letter from the World's Weakest Scholar

.
Dear Cozy Glow.



My name is Stygian. I am a scholar.


“Stygian?” Cozy Glow let the letter sink and looked in front of her with a puzzled expression, lips puckered. Following a certain instinct, she inched to the corner of her cage and began to flip through the small pile of letters that lied there. “Where's your letter, Starswirl, the Beardo?”

As she had found it and taken a look at it, her expression cleared. “Oh, just the weakling who can't gain power by himself. Golly, that's going to be another boring letter.” Her ears lowered themselves against her head and a frown emerged on her face.


Maybe you remember me. I was told that my story has become a lesson at Princess Twilight's friendship school. It seems you haven't learned anything from it. I hope I can change that.


“Just as I thought, another boring letter.” Cozy scrunched her face and stuck out her tongue at the letter. Ironically, it was mere boredom that made her keep reading, as there wasn't much else to do in the underground prison. “Go on, Stygian, tell your weakling lecture of ultimate weakness.”


When I let The Shadow take me, I wasn't thinking anything. My friends had turned on me and I was lost and forlorn. I had no hope anymore. But then I heard a voice talking to me. I knew I was sitting inside the Well of Shadows.


As she was reading “Well of Shadows”, Cozy's ears perked up slightly.


And I knew the history of this place, I studied it before I found the Pillars. I should have known better than listening to the voice. But in this moment, I felt so lost that I ignored the warnings my mind gave me.


“Weakling,” Cozy Glow whispered.


I knew that The Shadow was talking to me. I should have been terrified, but I was happy. I needed someone to talk, to tell about the pain I felt. I had no other friends than the Pillars who cast me out. I welcomed its dark, otherworldly whispers inside my head. It listened to me. The Shadow understood and it convinced me that revenge was the right reaction. It would help me, it said, and I agreed.


“Revenge,” Cozy repeated. “I like the ring of this word. But you are still a weakling for not getting your revenge alone, Stygian.” Now some of the snark had returned into her voice.


But it did not help. I was led on the path to my own demise by The Shadow's words. I became its host and I empowered it to descend on the world. My decision brought darkness over Equestria and it nearly ended the world as we know it.


“Golly, nice story!” Fake cheer crept back into Cozy's voice. She used it to hide a cold shiver that went down her spine. “B-But what's the point of it all?”


I have heard that you did something similar, Cozy Glow. You formed an alliance with one of Equestria's most perilous fiends. Just like I did, you sought the help of someone with more power than you. I don't know if your intent was revenge but, just like my decision, yours could have brought doom for Equestria.
I ask you, what makes you think that Tirek would not have used you like The Shadow has used me?


Here, the letter ended abruptly. Stygian's farewell and his signature were the last remaining lines she could read. Cozy Glow lowered the letter, puzzled and surprised over the unexpected end.

Once the surprise had ceased, she shrugged. “I still did most of it by myself. I only needed Tirek's help for the spell, but everything else was my plan. You're still a weakling.”

She looked down at the letter in her hooves, then out of the cage, at the other letters in the corner and out of the cage again. Eventually, she shrugged once more, folded the letter neatly and added it to the others. Then she turned at Tirek.

“As if you were smart enough to betray me.” She held a hoof at her mouth and giggled.

Tirek raised an eyebrow and gave her a confused look.

PreviousChapters Next