• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 2,395 Views, 366 Comments

Letters to Cozy Glow - Fluttercheer



Time after time, Twilight Sparkle tried to find out the reasons for Cozy Glow's actions and got rejected. But maybe a special team of ponies and creatures could succeed where she and her friends have failed. She was not going to give up so easily.

  • ...
12
 366
 2,395

PreviousChapters Next
A Letter from the Guidance Counselor

.
Dear Cozy Glow,


it's me, Starlight Glimmer. I bet you are surprised that I'm writing you, huh? And you probably expect that I am mad and that I will yell at you and list all the horrible things you did, like, betraying your fellow friendship students, joining forces with one of Equestria's most dangerous enemies and almost banishing the entire kingdom's magic. But, I won't do that.


Cozy Glow frowned, eyes getting narrowed. She let the piece of paper in her hooves sink a little. Then, very suddenly, a jovial expression appeared on her face.

“Well, golly, Starlight! You have such a great sense of humor! You should be a comedian!” The sarcastic snark in her voice betrayed her happy face.

From somewhere near her, a deep growl could be heard.


Despite what happened, I am actually not mad at you, Cozy. I am disappointed that you turned on us all and that you were even willing to banish me from Equestria so you could succeed with your plan. But I'm not mad.
And I know that we weren't exactly friends when you visited Princess Twilight's school.


“Oh, but you are wrong, Starlight! Everypony at the school was my friend! At least until Princess Twilight's stellar star students messed with my plan!” Cozy shifted her eyes and giggled. The tone of her voice slipped and got distorted into a cold, shiver-inducing cackle. Its echo menacingly reflected off Tartarus' walls.


You only came to my office to seek advice. But it meant something to me when you were there, Cozy. Being a guidance counselor at Princess Twilight's school is not exactly rewarding. She teaches friendship there, can you imagine how that decreases the chance that any students have social problems they need my help with? It's frustrating!
But you came to me and asked for help. After I helped you, my office was empty nearly all the time again and if the rare student showed up, they were more concerned with getting all their homework done or that they had to miss breakfast to not come late to school. You were the only one who came to me with an actual problem, Cozy.
It's weird but, if it hadn't been for your problems with friendship, I never would have felt what it actually means to be a guidance counselor! You gave me this chance and I will always be grateful for it.


“Gee, get to the point, guidance counselor!” Cozy rolled her eyes.


But, let's get to the point of this letter.


Cozy Glow's pupils shrunk.


I am writing you, Cozy, because I want to tell you that I still like you. Yes, you've done bad things and you caused a lot of trouble. But I don't believe that you are really such a horrible, power-obsessed filly like everycreature thinks it of you right now.
Maybe you heard about Queen Chrysalis once. She is one of Equestria's biggest threats. She tried to conquer Equestria with her changeling army twice and she even attempted it a third time before she got finally overthrown by her own people when they saw that she was just abusing them for her own gain. Princess Twilight told me she has been a menace for Equestria for more than one-thousand years now. She attacked villages and kingdoms regularly, was feeding on their population with her army and enslaved those who remained.
Chrysalis has done things that are far worse than what you did, Cozy. But I forgave her. I offered her peace regardless. And she rejected me and swore revenge, but that's not the point.
The point is, that you are not evil, Cozy. Chrysalis is evil, but you aren't. I don't understand why you did what you did, but I believe in you, Cozy. Deep inside, you are a good filly. And if there is anything you ever want to talk with me about, I want you to know that I am here.
You might not be a student at Princess Twilight's school anymore but, if you want, I can still be your guidance counselor. There is nothing I would enjoy more!
I am unfortunately not allowed to visit you, but you can find my address on the envelope. If anything is bothering you, Cozy, write me and I will do everything I can to help you. And even if you don't respond to my letter, I hope you won't mind if I send you another one day.
I like you and I care for you, Cozy.


Yours,


Starlight Glimmer



Cozy Glow put the letter down into her lap. “Oh, golly, look at this! The counselor cares!” she spoke, the sarcasm having returned into her voice. She snickered. “But let's go and see what happens!” The shout was aimed at no one in particular.

Cozy folded the letter in and placed it in a corner of her cage. “It sure is boring down here and I bet her letters will be hilarious to read!”

Having disposed of the envelope by crumpling it and tossing it out between the bars, Cozy curled up on the metallic bottom of her cage. Her smile as she fell asleep was sardonic.

PreviousChapters Next