• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 2,398 Views, 366 Comments

Letters to Cozy Glow - Fluttercheer



Time after time, Twilight Sparkle tried to find out the reasons for Cozy Glow's actions and got rejected. But maybe a special team of ponies and creatures could succeed where she and her friends have failed. She was not going to give up so easily.

  • ...
12
 366
 2,398

PreviousChapters Next
To my Master, Commander Tempest

.
Dear Commander Tempest Shadow


Hello, Commander Tempest!


Commander Tempest Shadow!


“No, that made it worse.” Cozy Glow stuck the quill into her mouth and looked at the ceiling of her cage. Her tongue played with the branches of the feather while she was thinking. A smile appeared on her mouth as a solution entered her mind.

“Greetings, Commander Tempest!” Her smile grew wider. “Better! But not perfect yet. Just needs a little something.....” She pondered some more. “Greetings, Commander Tempest Shadow, Spearhead of the Supreme Army of Your Highness, the allmighty and fearsome Storm King!” Now Cozy grinned. “This has a very nice ring to it, Commander Tempest will love it!” A squeal emphasized her decision. She brought the quill down again.


Greetings, Commander Tempest Shadow, Spearhead of the Supreme Army of Your Highness, the allmighty and fearsome Storm King!



I just wanted to say thank you for your letter and, well, gush over your powerful greatness!


Cozy Glow blushed, looking at the part she had just crossed out.


maybe ask you a few questions, if you don't mind.
My old teacher told me a lot about your exploits as a hero and adventurer in the Storm King's army! By the way, how is the King doing? I bet you still rack up victories against his enemies wherever they stand in your way, because really, how else could it be, my wonderful, heroic and always victorious master!.


Cozy Glow's wings flared out from the excitement and passion she felt and stood erected. The filly gave a little cough, blushing more brightly.


I wish I could have heard more about you. Those lessons were the only ones that I really enjoyed..... But these pesky creatures ruined my plan and made me getting kicked from the school.....


A small tear appeared in her right eye. She reached up and wiped it away.


But it's all okay now!


Cozy set up a smile.


Because now I can talk to you and find out about everything that I missed! I hope that this letter will reach you soon, I can't wait to talk more with you and to learn from you, Commander Tempest! I think you will be a very good teacher for me! Please tell me everything you know!



Your loyal student,


Cozy Glow




Cozy Glow put the quill down and let her eyes fly over the letter. She gave everything she wrote a thorough check. At the end, she nodded.

“Okay, this sounds good!” she determined. “Now I just need to write it all up on another sheet, this letter should be only the best for Commander Tempest!” Cozy reached for a second sheet of paper and laid down on her belly. As she began to write, she kicked her hindlegs into the air and hummed happily.

~ * ~

Far up north, in the Crystal Empire, Tempest Shadow put down the letter she just read. “Excellent,” she spoke with satisfaction and leaned back. “Everything works as planned.”

From behind, Glitter Drops looked over her shoulder. “I really hope you know what you're doing, Fizzlepop,” the turquoise mare said, scrunching her mouth.
.

Author's Note:

And now, Cozy Glow is Tempest Shadow's student..... An interesting development.


Also, a little fun fact, this chapter has been written entirely on a smartphone. See, once a week, I am donating blood plasma, which gives me a little extra money to get by, but is also exhausting for the body. I usually make these donations on Wednesday, but since writing Chapter 4 of "Dreamwalker Dash" took until yesterday, I had to make it today. And I knew that the risk is high that I give in to the temptation and lay down or that I will fall asleep in my chair while writing, because of being tired after donating, if I did it at home on my computer.
So I decided to write the chapter outside and was sitting down in the subway station where it's relatively warm, typing the chapter in Skype and sending it to my computer from there, where I copied it into a document and formatted it, before I uploaded it here.
It came to the point that I had lights flashing in front of my eyes and headache kicking in, as I didn't eat after the donation and immediately started to write. With the help of a little food break in a diner to prevent things from getting worse, I managed to push through and finish writing the chapter.
This was definitely the craziest thing I ever did to get out a chapter in time, so far. But it helped greatly to ensure that I won't fall asleep before I have the chapter ready, as this doesn't happen to me if I sit somewhere in public.

If you enjoyed this chapter or enjoy my writing in general and if you want to help me develop an income with my writing, you can become my patron or give me a small tip:

Patreon

Ko-fi

PreviousChapters Next