• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 2,398 Views, 366 Comments

Letters to Cozy Glow - Fluttercheer



Time after time, Twilight Sparkle tried to find out the reasons for Cozy Glow's actions and got rejected. But maybe a special team of ponies and creatures could succeed where she and her friends have failed. She was not going to give up so easily.

  • ...
12
 366
 2,398

PreviousChapters Next
A Letter from a Hurt Friend

Author's Note:

Before you continue to read, please take some time to read the blog entry that I linked below. It explains important things about the nature of this story.

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/857357/letters-to-cozy-glow-a-few-explanations-and-clarifications-about-the-nature-of-the-story

.
Dear Cozy Glow,



my name is Moondancer and I heard that you are very angry lately, so I want to help you. I know a thing or two about being angry at another pony and let me tell you that it's nothing wrong. You are right with the way you feel about Princess Luna.


Cozy Glow lowered the letter in her hooves, a dumbstruck expression appearing on her face. She needed a moment before she continued reading and spent this time with staring out between the bars of her cage, not particularly focusing on anything.


When we are angry, we sometimes say or do things that we don't mean. But we always react angry for a reason.
I used to be friends with Princess Twilight once. We are friends again now, but there was a time when we weren't because she disappointed me.


“Disappointed, pfft.....” Cozy Glow held a hoof at her lips and stiffled what otherwise would have become a loud and enormous laugh. “Do you expect me to feel sorry, Moondancer? You should have known better, friends will always disappoint. You can't trust them!”


It wasn't always easy for me to be friends with others. I was shy and scared of other ponies. Twilight was the only pony whose company didn't make me shake. When I began to trust her, I invited her to my birthday party. But she didn't show up. It happened just when I started to think that she will never disappoint me.


“Told you!” Cozy showed her teeth and smirked.


But she did and I WAS disappointed. I felt so hurt by her neglect. And I was so mad. I forgave Twilight, but even now it still hurts to talk about it.


Cozy scrunched her face.


I could only forgive Twilight years later, when she came back and begged me to forgive her. But not before I screamed at her. Not before I showed her all the pain she caused me and how she made me feel in those years. I screamed and almost punched her with a stick even.
But I did not regret it and I still don't regret it. When somepony causes you trouble and hurts you a lot, especially if it's a friend, then it's normal to react mad because of all the hurt.


Cozy Glow's ears faltered and folded in as she reached the end of the sentence. She did not notice.


And that's why your reaction was okay, Cozy. Princess Luna said something that hurt you and it's normal to get mad because of this. And nothing you did means that you are insane. Reacting mad doesn't make you insane and what you did in Twilight's school does not either.
We all have our reasons for what we do and getting mad just means to get rid of the things that hurt so you can feel better again.


It was at this point that Cozy felt a sudden, strong urge to stop reading. She put the letter down, then dropped it where she sat. Her eyes had no shine in them.
Tirek noticed. “What's wrong? Longer sentence?”
“Golly, nothing like that,” Cozy responded, but the usual fake cheer wasn't in her voice anymore. “I just need to sleep now.”
“In the afternoon?” Tirek questioned.
Cozy did not answer. Not paying the centaur more heed, she lowered herself and rolled in on the cold floor of her cage. The letter she didn't finish got covered by her tail.

PreviousChapters Next