• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 2,395 Views, 366 Comments

Letters to Cozy Glow - Fluttercheer



Time after time, Twilight Sparkle tried to find out the reasons for Cozy Glow's actions and got rejected. But maybe a special team of ponies and creatures could succeed where she and her friends have failed. She was not going to give up so easily.

  • ...
12
 366
 2,395

PreviousChapters Next
A Letter from another Friendship Expert

.
Hey, Cozy Glow!



My name's Gilda. I am the leading friendship expert in Griffonstone and I heard you're having serious troubles with friendship. I'm writing you to fix that!


Cozy's eyes stopped flying over the paper at the end of the paragraph. She threw her head back and broke out into amused giggling. It lasted for a few seconds, then evolved into full-blown laughter of a high volume.

Tirek looked up, annoyed. “What's so funny?”

Cozy Glow had her eyes closed now, not honoring the question of the centaur with even just a glance.

“Hahahahaha!” Cozy sighed in bliss. “Oh, Gilda, Gilda, whoever you are..... you are very funny.” She wiped some tears off her left eye. “Me, having trouble with friendship? It shows you don't know who you're talking to! But let me tell you.....”

Cozy cleared her throat.

“Gilda, Griffonstone Friendship Expert, I am Cozy Glow, Equestria Friendship Expert! Guess what?” She giggled, covering her mouth with one hoof. “I don't think you can teach me anything!”

Tirek squinted at the filly. “You're talking to yourself.”

“Shut up!” Cozy snapped back. “Villains always talk to themselves!”

“I'm sure I would know about this.....”

Cozy ignored him and finally directed her attention back to the letter. “Keep going, Gilda! There isn't much to laugh about down here, you know?”


I heard a few things about you, Cozy. I can tell you're a pretty tough nut to crack. You had lessons at a school that teaches friendship and nothing stuck. But I'm not worried about this. See, griffons don't know true friendship. For centuries, the people of my kingdom became driven by greed and the only thing that united us was all the gold we possessed.


“Oh, really?” Cozy Glow lowered the letter, smirking. “Didn't you say you're a friendship expert, Gilda? Doesn't sound like it, if you ask me. But hey, I could teach you everything you need! If I make my way to Griffonstone, Princess Twilight never has to teach any griffons, cause I will take care of this for her!” A vicious grin built on her face. ”And I'll get a whole army of griffons to fight for me and invade Equestria. Golly, that is a plan, I think I know what I am going to do once I'm out of here!” Cozy gripped the letter tighter and continued reading.


Then the day came when we lost all our treasures and since then, griffons only fight with each other anymore. Griffonstone saw civil wars between different factions of our people every three or four months, when one ended, the next one broke out almost immediately afterwards.


“Let me teeeeeeeach you!” Cozy chirped, smiling widely.

“You know she can't hear you, right?” Tirek inquired, but got ignored again. Cozy's face was pure bliss and her eyes sparkled from fascination.


I wasn't any better. But my friend Dash and her friend showed me that making friends is a much cooler way to spend your time than fighting and going to war.


“I can agree with that!” Cozy shouted.


So, now, I am teaching friendship to all the griffons in Griffonstone. It's not easy, but we made progress. And I will do the same thing with you. When I'm finished with you, Cozy, you will understand that friendship doesn't mean to dominate other ponies.



Stay sharp!


Gilda




“Oh, absolutely!” Cozy commented the end of the letter with enthusiasm. “Sharp like a knife! And you are so right, Gilda, friendship means to work together and to help each other out. Friends always help each other with reaching their goals!” She smacked her lips, a subconscious movement that she did not even notice.

Still captured by the letter's content, Cozy moved her eyes back to the top of it and read it all again. Then she folded the letter neatly. “You're going on the pile!”

As she had added it to the other five ones, Cozy could not avert her gaze from Gilda's letter for a while. “Oh, Gilda, I hope you write again soon! I want to learn everything that is to know about Griffonstone! I can't wait to visit you there once I'm free!”
.

Author's Note:

"Letters to Cozy Glow" is finally back! Enjoy and tell me what you think about it!

PreviousChapters Next