• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 369 Views, 8 Comments

Voyage - Comrade Bagel Muffin



This is how far a unicorn is willing to go to get home.

  • ...
0
 8
 369

Espoir de Paix

Escutcheon and Dusk were sitting in the library with a very nervous looking Fifty-One, who was between the two of them. The others had been escorted to other parts of the castle, as Escutcheon and Dusk both worked over what they were going to try to say to the king of Slo, to prevent war. A matter that was greatly eased by the fact that the crowned prince of Tivi was present. "You really needn't worry about a war." Splendor said with a smile. "Red Wine and I will be more than able to clear things up with my father."

"You're forgetting one thing, sire." Fifty-one said. "Pick Ax is going to try and cause a war over this, he's probably already moving pieces to get things started. And-"

"And you needn't worry about that." Announced a Silver coated purple maned unicorn walking into the room. "I've already mobilized everything I have to Black Rock. That traitorous cur will rue the day when he thought he could go behind my back and do such things. You needn't worry, now Escutcheon and Dusk I hear that you've come to me from, the DMZ."

"Yes. But we're just here to request that you not start a war, and that you let us have the DMZ." Dusk nodded. "And you don't seem interested in war, and also it's not like you could defend the DMZ anyways."

"It's not that I can't defend it, but kicking you out would be more trouble than it's worth, besides, you've brought me word that one of my subjects has been plotting to undermine my authority." The king of Slo sat down in an elegant and comfortable chair. "Normally I'd be forced to try and drive you out of the forest, but as you've provided me a service I'm honor bound to reward you, I see a simple solution." He smiled.

"So we can have it?" Dusk asked hopefully.

"And no war?" The prince of Tivi asked.

"No I won't go to war." The room breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's good your ancestor would hate to know his son's children were killing each other." Escutcheon smiled.

"What do you mean by that boy?"

"Your kingdoms they aren't a thousand years old. "They're only a couple hundred, maybe five centuries at the most." The king and prince laughed. "It's true the wine from the inn in the mountains, it was as old as your kingdom, and it's not 1000 year old wine. And your family records I've read them on both sides of the boarder." The two royals grew quiet. "You both draw your legitimacy from the same ruler nearly half a millennia back."

"But-"

"He had two sons, and one loved the plains and the other loved the mountains and hills, so he gave to each son the land they loved. You haven't been fighting forever, the wars only started a few hundred years ago."

"About the time the hive moved into the mountain." Fifty-one said, a second later she sank back in her seat as all eyes fell on her. "Never mind."

"I see, well that explains a bit. I have much to think on, Prince, please entertain my guests for me." The prince of Tivi nodded. "You bug-horse-thing, you stay here, I wish to know more about my governor in the mountain." Fifty-one gulped.

"Please be nice to her she's risked everything to tell you this."

"I will but she'll need to tell me more." The king leaned back in his chair. "Meet me in the throne room at evening court. We'll finalize things there." Before either Dusk or Escutcheon could say anything else, the prince ushered the two of them out.

"It will be fine. Come with me I'd like to see Red Wine and Atlas again as well." The prince led them down the hall.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment