• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 367 Views, 8 Comments

Voyage - Comrade Bagel Muffin



This is how far a unicorn is willing to go to get home.

  • ...
0
 8
 367

L'affectation

"Wait you need us to deliver a message to Slo?" Escutcheon sat down. "But didn't your guards just arrest us because they thought that we were spies in the employment of Slo?"

"Escutcheon, Dusk, how is it that the two of you have worked at a university and lived with a professor, and yet neither of you know the complicated history of our two kingdoms." The king looked between the two of them. "Do either of you know what peace pact that the two of us have?" Dusk looked to Escutcheon.

"It's an armistice right?"

"What? How many wars have you two had with each other?" Dusk's concern was clear and Turkeylegs looked around seeing if there was anything that should cause alarm.

"Technically we've only had the one."

"What?" Dusk looked between the four other ponies in the room. Escutcheon just nodded. "But, but Pythagorean said that forest was abandoned at the end of the war."

"I don't quite understand it myself." Escutcheon looked to King Awe. The king gave a long suffering sigh.

"It's not the easiest thing to explain, but there could be a very big problem." He looked at Dusk. "Your colony's arrival has changed the status quo. Both of our kingdoms are jumpy right now and both I and King Titanium are both barely holding the reins right now. As the two of you and the rest of the professor's expedition party have experienced first hoof."

"What but your king you have all the power! That's what being king means!" Dusk stood up. "What's going to happen to my colony? My people?"

"Right now nothing." King Awe answered. "Currently your colony is being used as a sort of stable testing ground for trade between our two kingdoms, but We're both fighting hard against war hawks on both sides coming from very high born aristocrats and generals. We can't just kill ponies that we disagree with we're kings not tyrants."

"That makes since." Escutcheon nodded.

"No it doesn't. He's king just order your ponies to leave the colony alone!"

"Dusk it's like your council. He has all the power, but he still has to listen to the higher ups. It's even like this in Equestria, though it's never about war."

"Then what are we suppose to do."

"Deliver that message. It's a good start." King Awe answered. "Now I need to attend to pulling in the reins on a belligerent second cousin and a war mongering general. I'm doing everything I can and that letter has the plan that will save your people. Now please go, and know that Tivi as a whole wants nothing but peace for you and ourselves. Now go you can take the professor and my friend Red Wine. Good luck." Dusk swallowed not sure of what to do or say, before bowing her head.

"Fine." She jumped up on Turkeylegs back. "Come on the sooner we get this done the sooner the Colony will be safe and the sooner we can get you home Escutcheon. Let's just go."

"Good luck your Highness." Red Wine the old stallion nodded a bow to the king. "The letter will be delivered."

"Thank you my old friend." King Awe bowed his head back. The two gave each other a sad look before Red Wine lead the small group out.

"I guess this palace isn't all that great after all." Dusk said looking over the palace complex as the group headed down the southern boulevard that lead all the way to the southern gate to the southern road to Slo.