• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 368 Views, 8 Comments

Voyage - Comrade Bagel Muffin



This is how far a unicorn is willing to go to get home.

  • ...
0
 8
 368

Montagnes de Livar

In a flash of golden light they appeared on the cobblestone on the next mountain, now safely on the Slo side of the boarder. Escutcheon smiled his head feeling light, and a moment later fell to the side falling off of Turkeylegs' back and into the snow drift on the side of the road.

"Escutcheon." He looked around his world spinning as Dusk called his name. "Escutcheon are you okay?"

"Uhrg, fine." He rubbed his head and sat up. "I think I'm fine," he said. "That, that one just took a lot out of me. I have a hard time holding multiple spells, and it's not like teleport is an easy spell to begin with."

"That was," Red Wine paused a for a moment. "That was impressive." His horn lit up as a red light slowly spread giving them warmth and light.

"I'm sorry, Dusk." Escutcheon said. "But I don't think that he will do anything but advocate war at this point. If, he was going to do anything else then this will definitely make him a full war hawk." He bowed his head.

"It's not your fault." Dusk pulled him into a hug.

"It will be fine." Red Wine said. "I'll send a letter to the king. He'll hopefully be able to do something about this." He picked the two of them up and put them on Turkeylegs' back. "Atlas, you've been in Slo more than I have. How do we get to Livar from here?"

"I think so." He looked around. "If we follow this road we will make it to Livar by morning." He sighed. "Not that I'm complaining, but I wish that you had waited a bit longer to teleport us out."

"Well it doesn't matter." Red Wine started walking. "If we get there by morning then we'll only be a 12 hours behind schedule. The small group continued their march though the snowy mountain road. Red Wine's light and warmth spell never faded as they moved along the cobble street. They were moving along at a fair pace and it was along one of the bridges that spanned the many mountain valleys when Escutcheon and Dusk fell asleep on Turkeyleg's back.

"Wake up, you two we're here." Atlas said as the sky was beginning to brighten before dawn. "You two should be very careful here," Atlas said quietly, as they came up upon the walls of a massive city. Right inside of the gates the smell of freshly baked bread filled the air. The streets were already being filled with ponies beginning their mornings.

"Why?" Dusk asked with a giant yawn.

"Because of Governess Iron Clad." Red Wine. "She's just as bad as Maelstrom is." Red Wine whispered. "Even for a pony from Slo, she's one of the worse ones," he whispered.

"And the two of you will need to persuade her to not go to war. Because I'm exhausted and I'm sure Red Wine is as well. As soon as we get to her mansion, I'll likely retire to my room as soon as I can." They continued down the cobble street to a large home in the middle of town. "And while I don't agree with Red Wine on much. I do agree on his opinion of her." Escutcheon and Dusk watched as the tiled roofed building came closer and closer.