• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 363 Views, 8 Comments

Voyage - Comrade Bagel Muffin



This is how far a unicorn is willing to go to get home.

  • ...
0
 8
 363

Pierre Noire, Coeur Noir

"Hello." Escutcheon hesitantly walked up to one of the other chairs facing toward Pick Ax and the fire. "Mayor Pick Ax, I presume, my name is Escutcheon and this is Dusk. We're here to stop a war from occurring. I was hoping that you would be open to disusing this with us, and reaching a sustainable peace."

"I am well aware of who you are and what your goals here are." Pick Ax nodded. "Bat please do take a seat as well." Pick Ax watched as Dusk got down from Turkeyleg's back and made her way over to the chair closest to Escutcheon's. "Now, I have no intentions of granting peace, but I will of course give you something to think over. I don't care where the armies of Slo and Tivi meet only that they meet."

"Why? What would a war profit you?!" Dusk demanded.

"Don't interrupt me when I speak." Pick Ax tone didn't change, but the glare he gave Dusk would have frozen hell over. "Now as I was saying. I don't care where the war is just that the war is. I will make you a deal. You will go to the palace as intended, and then you will abduct the princess. Bring her here and then continue back to Tivi, I have spies that will guarantee that you will get through the boarder, and I equally guarantee that the armies of Slo will follow close behind you. The armies of Tivi will rush quickly to meet them and in the confusion the two of you can go back to your home. Safe in the knowledge that all the fighting and death is miles away."

"And you return the princess back to the king and are awarded a higher position after the war." Pick Ax's laugh sent a blood freezing shiver down Escutcheon's spine.

"Don't try to guess my motives colt, they're nothing as petty as prestige." His smile was just as mirthless as his laugh and had the same effect. "Now however if you should fail, and not accept my offer, I can assure you that your colony won't be able to fly fast enough. If you tell anybody about this, I will know, and that would be a far graver mistake."

"Is that a threat?" Dusk's eyes narrowed.

"No, Dusk it is a promise." He tapped on the polished black stone floor. "One that I am more than able to keep." The doors opened and the others where let in. "I'm sorry but I won't be able to entertain you for the time being, however, you are allowed to read whatever you'd like in my library, until dinner we will dine in my main dinning hall." He headed out of the room.

"Escutcheon?" Dusk looked to him worriedly. He gave her a weak smile.

"We'll talk about things after dinner," he answered softly. "Until then, I'm going to read and see if there isn't anything in these books here." His horn started to glow as the books came off of the selves.

"I hope there is." Dusk softly started patting Turkeylegs on the head as she watched him and Atlas going throw the books Escutcheon using his magic, and Atlas doing it the old fashioned way. If she tried hard enough she could almost trick herself into thinking that they were, grading first year papers back at the university.