• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 368 Views, 8 Comments

Voyage - Comrade Bagel Muffin



This is how far a unicorn is willing to go to get home.

  • ...
0
 8
 368

Comte de Baume

Escutcheon and Dusk spent the better part of five hours trying to convince Golden Bricks from bringing any war to the forest with the bats. The biggest problem though was that he didn't want to see the war start at all let alone to bring it onto Dusk's colony; however, he wasn't going to take anything off of the table for fear that Slo might use it against them, and if that meant that they'd have to he would. He refused to budge on that point.

"We don't want war we just want to live in peace." Dusk was nearly at the point of tears.

"I promise you Dusk I want nothing more than to just live peacefully, but if Slo continues to antagonize then we will have no choice but to answer in kind."

"Wait how have they antagonized?" Escutcheon asked. Golden Bricks paused a second and bit his lip.

"There have been a few issues lately." Gold Bricks rubbed the back of his head. "Currently we're hoping that things will be resolved by political means."

"That's why we're going to Slo," Red Wine said standing up and going over to the window and looking out to the mountains that were just at the horizon.

"Just a few. You would wipe out my entire colony for just a few."

"Only if it meant that not doing so would endanger us." Golden Brick corrected. "As I said, I don't want the DMZ to be militarized, I'd much rather deal with this issue civilly. If this peace assignment is successful then there is nothing to worry about."

"And what is this peace assignment trying to solve?" Escutcheon asked.

"Well the issues."

"What issues. We've been here for nearly half a year and I've not heard of anything that would make the country want to go to war. What's so bad that it could justify that."

"Well you see news travels slow and-"

"It doesn't matter." Red Wine interrupted.

"'Doesn't mater' I beg to differ it matters a lot!" Dusk lost her and jumped off of her chair. "If my colony is on the line it matters a lot." Red Wine didn't look away from the mountains off on the horizon.

"Then make sure this mission doesn't fail." He turns and looks down on the bat filly.

"Then how should we go about this?" Escutcheon asked hopping off his chair and getting next to Dusk's side.

"We just need to deliver the letter this should all resolve itself," Atlas spoke up from his chair. He smiled and put a hoof on Dusk shoulder. "Once you've dealt with as many aristocrats as I have, you learn fast that they always over think things."

"The same could be said about you academics."

"You don't need to fret Dusk." Golden got up. "I'm doing my best to get a meeting with a representative from your tribe and some of the more trustworthy members of the Slo government." He gave the filly and then the colt his best winning smile I assure you. Maintaining peace, and to a lesser extent trade is my top priority. Now let's put this troubling talk of war be hind us and go get something to eat I'm sure that my village is finished with this first part of our feast tonight."

Golden Bricks ushered them out of his study and back out to the front yard of his estate. The town had set up several large tables in "L" shapes. Nearly a hundred ponies were busy and at work setting food on the tables and getting the last few dozen chairs set up. The smells of fruits, vegetables, freshly baked breads, and juice roasted meats permeated the air. It looked as though everypony in the town would be eating with the group.

"Did you have to invite the entire town?" Atlas looked over the large gathering of ponies.

"Of course I'm not like those soot hearted mongrels that hoard all of the wealth to themselves. When I throw a feast I, make sure it's an event to remember."

"Even under circumstances like these." Escutcheon's ears perked up at the the older stallion's whispered comment. Red Wine gave him a sideways glance.

"Especially in circumstances like this." He could barely hear the aristocrat's reply over the noise of the feast and all of the town's foals running to great them and to look at Turkeylegs.