• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 6,315 Views, 589 Comments

Dragon Ball Zeeyup! - Tatsurou



Gohan has no friends. His father has no brain. His pony brother has no vocabulary. What's a monkey boy to do? (DBZ Abridged crossover)

  • ...
19
 589
 6,315

Start of Altered Time

Big Mac landed lightly on his hooves, catching Gohan on his back as Piccolo dropped them in an open grassland right in front of a large pond. He seemed to be aiming to drop them in the pond, but Big Mac had righted their landing before that happened. This apparently surprised Piccolo, based on his raised...eyebrow? He didn't actually have hair, but the muscles under his skin moved as though raising an eyebrow, so Big Mac interpreted as such.

"Alright you little human...Saiyan...thing," Piccolo began firmly. "And you pony thing. I saw what you both did back there. You both have a great deal of latent power, and seem capable of bringing it out depending on emotional impetus. That could be quite...useful."

"W...what do you mean?" Gohan asked worriedly, becoming only a little calmer as Big Mac turned his head to nuzzle him.

"I'm going to make you both my pupils!" Piccolo declared firmly. "And then...I'll use you both for my conquest of this world!"

"Nnnnope," Big Mac responded calmly.

Piccolo looked down at him. "Is that no to being a pupil, or no to conquest?"

"Nnnnope!"

"...no to being used?" Piccolo parsed.

"Eeeyup." Big Mac nodded his head firmly.

"...so you have no objection to me training you, or to conquering the world," Piccolo clarified, trying to get specifics.

"Nnnope!"

"But only if you're doing it with me, not for me," Piccolo concluded. "Is that right?"

"Eeeyup!" Big Mac doubted the three of them together could actually take over the world...but if they could, then the world deserved to have someone responsible enough to properly defend the world run it, and he could make a nice farm and feed everyone afterwards. That sounded fun. He wondered where he'd find an apple to get seeds for planting.

Piccolo rubbed his head between his antennae, after lifting his turban enough to reveal them. "And what about you, brat?" he demanded of Gohan. "Do you have objections?"

"Well, my Daddy's always going on about training, but my Mommy's always going on about being a responsible citizen and properly providing for a family and my parents when I grow up," Gohan offered thoughtfully. "Would conquering the world do that latter part?"

Piccolo's head slowly tilted to one side as he tried to parse that, having not expected such a thorough analysis from someone so young. "I...suppose?" he allowed uncertainly.

"Eeyup!" Big Mac confirmed, nodding his head. After all, 'providing for family' meant 'climbing the business ladder', and you couldn't get promoted much higher than 'ruler of the world' while still being planet based.

"Okay, Mr. Piccolo!" Gohan agreed happily. "But...what happened to Daddy? Shouldn't he be here to help my training?"

"I hate to tell you this kid, but your Dad's dead," Piccolo offered in a gruffly apologetic tone. "Wait, no I don't. I love saying that. Your dad's dead!" He laughed smugly over it.

As Gohan started to tear up, Big Mac declared, "Nnnope!" He then gestured to where Gohan's hat wasn't before drawing a circle on the ground.

Piccolo tilted his head, then grunted irritably. "Oh, right, the Dragon Balls," he growled. "They'll probably have him revived between now and the end of the year, depending on how hard they are to find this time around."

Gohan quickly calmed down. He then tapped his chin in thought. "Umm...won't intense training at my young age cause horrible muscle degeneration, and cripple me for years to come?"

Piccolo stared at Gohan, nonplussed. "You're a wordy little bastard, aren't you?"

"Actually, my parents are married, so-"

"So you're actually a wordy little son of a bitch?" Piccolo corrected. "Actually, I've met your Mom, that's definitely more accurate."

Gohan stared up at Piccolo in confusion. "Uh...are you saying my Mom's a dog-"

"Discussion's over, training time!" Piccolo interrupted.

"But...what about muscle degeneration-"

"Nnnope," Big Mac interrupted, shifting his head to tug lightly on Gohan's tail, making his entire body tense up.

"Oh, right, I'm half...Saiyan, was it?" Gohan interpreted, which Big Mac nodded confirmation to. "I'm not entirely human, so the normal rules of human biology and development probably aren't entirely accurate. And Uncle Raditz did say Dad was sent here as a baby to conquer the planet, so intense training at a young age must be good for young Saiyans-"

"NEEERRRRRRD!" Piccolo interrupted tauntingly.

"...what?"

"Anyway, it seems personal danger or danger to those you care about brings out your latent potential, so to start I'm going to throw you at that mountain," Piccolo stated as he picked Gohan up.

"Actually, that looks more like a plate-AAAAAAAUUU!" Gohan stated, the end of his sentence becoming a scream as he was sent flying at the plateau in question.

"Any second-" Piccolo began.

"Nnnope!" Big Mac interrupted as he charged forward, quickly catching up to Gohan's flight before leaping into the air, turning so Gohan could rotate to land astride him again.


Piccolo watched in awe as Big Mac hit the plateau hooves first, drilling right through it to land safely on the other side. "...whoa..." he observed in amazement.

Yes, ponies are just full of surprises, a familiar voice observed in his mind.

"Ugh..." he groaned irritably. "What do you want, Kami?"

Actually, I'm just delivering a message from Mr. Popo, Kami explained readily. A...rather grisly threat reminding what he'll do to you if you, and I quote, "Mess with mah ponies".

"...rrrright..." Piccolo allowed nervously. "But...won't that affect you, too?"

You do remember the-oh, he's about to explain it to some new trainees.


"Alright maggots, listen up!" Mr. Popo declared firmly as he glared down at the motley 'defenders of the planet' that had been gathered. He didn't consider them worthy of a title like 'Z Warriors', especially with how contrived it was just for a series title reference. "Popo's about to teach you the Pecking Order. It goes you-

-the dirt-

-the worms inside of the dirt-

-Popo's stool-

-Kami-

-the blue girl-

-then-

-Popo. Any questions?"

"Umm...yeah, I-" the bald midget began, only to scream as Popo sent him flying off the lookout without even moving.

"Enjoy the climb back up, bitch!" he called out.

"I still don't understand why she is higher in the Pecking Order than I am," Kami complained dryly.

"That's because you never put out," Popo explained readily, his ever present snarky smirk never leaving his face.

"I don't have genitalia!" Kami snapped irritably.

"Never stopped me."