• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 6,291 Views, 589 Comments

Dragon Ball Zeeyup! - Tatsurou



Gohan has no friends. His father has no brain. His pony brother has no vocabulary. What's a monkey boy to do? (DBZ Abridged crossover)

  • ...
19
 589
 6,291

First Impressions

It didn't take long for Goku, Gohan, and Big Mac to reach the tiny island with the even tinier house on it. Since Goku jumped off the cloud to land in front of the open door, Gohan and Big Mac presumed that meant this was Kame House, their destination. The large sea turtle wandering around on the beach suggested the accuracy of such an assumption to Gohan, since due to his mother's obsession with seeing him 'properly educated' he already spoke three languages fluently, if infrequently as he wasn't very verbose yet, and thus knew that one of the meanings of 'Kame' was 'Turtle. Big Mac wondered if Goku had named the creature. If so, he expected it to be named 'Soup'.

...Big Mac did not have a very high opinion of Goku.

"Hey guys!" Goku called out as he approached the door.

Several figures ran out calling greetings, none of whom Gohan or Big Mac recognized.One was a tall, blue-haired female, one was a short bald monk, and one was an old man wearing sunglasses. There were other details, but neither Gohan nor Big Mac were able to focus enough to take in those details...other than the fact that all three were staring at them.

"Goku," the woman began, "I can't help but notice that five year old you're carrying. ...and the pony."

"Goku, just because we picked you up in the middle of the woods when you were a kid doesn't mean you can go around stealing children and animals," the monk observed chidingly. Apparently, he shared Big Mac's low opinion of Goku to some extent. Big Mac decided he liked him.

They all seemed rather shocked to learn that Gohan was Goku's son. Gohan chose to ignore the rest of the discussion in favor of attempting to make friends with the turtle. Big Mac chose to ignore the rest of the conversation in favor of making certain the turtle didn't eat Gohan...or, given he apparently was Goku's son, vice versa.

Goku called them back at one point, and both reluctantly came. There was apparently something of significance to the orb decorating Gohan's hat, but the discussion escaped Big Mac's grasp and Gohan's interest, as at that point he had discovered that Big Mac was strong enough to support him on his back and had climbed up there for pony rides. However, their innocent pleasure was interrupted when Goku's calm words became intense.

"Holy black on a Popo, what is that?"

Gohan didn't understand the significance of the oath, but Goku's apparent fear passed to him rapidly. Big Mac, on the other hand, instantly went tense at the mention of the name 'Popo', though he couldn't deduce why. Thinking about it, he could only assume he 'knew better', whatever that meant.

Moments later, a figure descended onto the island in unaided flight. Looking at the figure...Big Mac could only think to describe him as 'punk rocker Goku'. He looked basically like Goku but with far too much hair hanging down his back to his knees, and wearing some sort of armor, along with something over his left eye and ear that looked like it was something important that would rapidly be overshadowed and ignored. ...Big Mac began to think someone was narrating his thoughts. He didn't find fault, he just wished whoever it was made an effort to be helpful. So far, they just seemed to be making obscure jokes beyond his ability to grasp.

He seemed to be saying something to Goku - though he kept calling him 'Kakarot' for some reason - that Goku wasn't understanding. ...if Big Mac were the spiteful sort, he likely would have started mentally referring to Goku as Kakarot due to joy at associating him with decaying feces, but he wasn't any more fond of being spiteful than he was of plays on words or swearing. He did manage a smile when the figure asked, "You...hit your head as a child, didn't you?"

After a rather intense lecture, a bit more banter, and the stranger smacking the monk into the house with his tail for some reason - Big Mac could have sworn he heard a 'Ding' when that happened - and Goku proceeding to prove he had an IQ smaller than Krillin's winning streak (Big Mac wasn't sure why his thoughts - or the narrator thereof - phrased it that way, but with what Goku had said about Krillin's losing streak...), their - apparently alien - Uncle declared that he was there to recruit Goku to exterminate all life on the planet to sell it for profit.

...the logic escaped Gohan and Big Mac.

Goku attempted to politely decline. His brother promptly kicked him into the ocean.

"Daddy!" Gohan called out worriedly, racing forward as Goku washed to shore.

"I'll be taking this!" the alien declared as he grabbed Gohan by his tail, making him go limp. "Yoink!"

"Nnnope!" Big Mac snapped as he lunged forward, trying to sink his teeth in the man's tail...but only managing to get a hold of Gohan's shirt.

"And you too, I might need a snack," the figure continued, pulling Big Mac into his other arm before flying off.

Big Mac sighed ruefully, deciding not to struggle while several hundred feet over open water and traveling somewhere around the speed of sound. This did not seem the course of wisdom. Besides, he was certain an opportunity to act to protect Gohan would arise at some point.

Why was he so determined to protect Gohan, anyway? He'd literally just met him. Then again, there was that feeling of kinship-

His musing was interrupted as Gohan - slung under the alien's other arm - reached out and took his hoof in his hand. The look he was giving him...they were brothers now, and they would look out for each other. That sounded right.

Nodding to each other, they steeled themselves to not break down yet. They'd figure something out sooner or later...or someone would save them. For now, they needed to be strong.

Gohan looked up at the figure that had just kidnapped them. "So...who are you?"

"What?" the figure demanded in confusion. "Weren't you listening to my explanation to your father?"

"Eeyup," Big Mac confirmed.

"But what's your name?" Gohan pressed.

The alien came to a halt in midair, staring at Gohan. "...you mean in all that I forgot to introduce myself?" he asked in surprise. "Do you think Kakarot would have been more cooperative if I'd thought to give my name?"

"Nnnope."

"No one asked you, adorable talking pony that I did not just call adorable no matter what the scouter records say," the man insisted as he touched down next to a metal sphere with an open hatch. "Oh, and for the record, my name is Raditz."

Gohan turned to Big Mac. "Are you a fraggle, by any chance?"

Big Mac chuckled, though he wasn't sure why. "Nnnope."

"That's it, into the time-out pod," Raditz snapped as he tossed them both into the sphere before closing it on them.