• Published 21st Aug 2018
  • 935 Views, 75 Comments

The First Equestrian Starliner - computerneek



Twilight has developed an insatiable hunger for new information, and not just that which can be found in her library. Thus, she is overjoyed when her hunger is sated by a computer glitch.

  • ...
2
 75
 935

Chapter 19

The local atmosphere of Equus protests sharply as the slender craft slices through it with disdain. Doors on its wings slide open as it loses speed, allowing the engines inside to take up the task of holding it up, as it drifts closer and closer to the castle before it. It stops just beyond the castle wall, a door on its side, not far ahead of the wing, slides open.

Princess Celestia watches, from her balcony, as a dark figure flashes out of it, curving on its own wings towards her. She might have been worried, or braced herself for combat, but she recognized that figure.

Moments later, Princess Luna lands not on Celestia’s balcony, but on her, tackling her to the ground in a massive hug. “Sister, oh how I have missed you,” she croons.

Celestia blinks, returning the hug. “You headed up this morning,” she states. “What happened?”

Luna looks back at the hovering aircraft, and the six additional figures flying out from it to meet them. “A year and a half,” Luna states. “It was a year.”

Celestia sighs, smiling at her sister as she struggles back upright. “Not a year,” she states. “I would have known if you were away that long.”

Luna pulls her head back, grinning cheerfully. “Twilight’s ship can travel through time,” she states. “‘Twas but a few hours to you, but a whole year for us.”

The six Element Bearers of Harmony land on the balcony, in a row, behind Luna.

Celestia blinks. “What-?”

“Yeah,” Twilight nods. “That was my first reaction as well, a year ago. Subjective. Which was actually, like, next month. Turns out Athena has some fancy teleportation technology… that turns anypony that goes through it into an Alicorn.” She smiles. “It’s been locked down for supplies only. No ponies.”

“How… How many?”

“Not many,” Twilight shrugs her wings. “Just us and Cold Coils. Midnight Blade and Short Flight were already Alicorns when we met them.”

“Wait,” Celestia states. “You didn’t foalnap another world’s royalty, did you?”

Everypony laughs. Applejack finishes laughing first.

“Yeah, no,” Applejack states. “Midnight was the final survivor of her entire race when we rescued her, and Short Flight… Well, we rescued her entire planet from death and destruction.”

“What.”

Twilight nods. “Yeah. They called it ‘earth’... and there was a whole faction of evil ponies blowing up the planet and killing everypony on it. We couldn’t effectively stop them… so we did what they wanted us to do, and took them all aboard.” She glances up at the sky. “Almost six billion ponies. And every last one of them searching, wishing, to come to Equestria.”

Celestia looks skywards, at the glistening speck of a starship. “... Oh.”

Author's Note:

Yeah, it's a shortie. Yeah, it's the end.

Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else, even after thinking on it for a week or two.

Comments ( 6 )

Eh, it's an alright ending. I just hope that you make a sequel one day.

9601751
That'll be a very hard thing to do, but I'll try.

9602344
Don't strain yourself. I said "one day". It doesn't have to be anytime soon, especially if it will be very hard for you.

And besides, it probably won't be as good if you force yourself to write it.

9602778
I know. I do know I won't be making it right now...

And of course it would suck if I forced it out. I've cancelled stories because of the effects that has on them. (Among other things)

Awww.

Though, I do wonder if there's any thoughts left for an epilogue where they go visit the place the ship came from?
I kinda want to see the Space Lord figuratively crap out a brick wall when he finds out about the utter BS that ponies are capable of (or, for that matter the ship).

Author's Note:

Yeah, it's a shortie. Yeah, it's the end.

Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else, even after thinking on it for a week or two.

But Hay..
This is the beginning of an entirely new story.
You just have to draw up the time-line to connect each of the component stories in proper order of events!

Login or register to comment