• Published 2nd Jul 2018
  • 2,788 Views, 47 Comments

Dream Child - ShadowStar_IMHP



The Tantabus was a magical construction. It was made for one reason to cause Luna to have nightmares every night to punish herself. Why then did it escape? What was controlling it? When Luna finds out the truth her life is turned upside down.

  • ...
5
 47
 2,788

The New Normal.

The new normal.

It has been a week since Star Shine came to live in the castle. It was an hour after bedtime for Star Shine and there were no appointments so Luna took a flight to relax. So it as a bit of surprise seeing a mass of pillows and blankets on Star Shine’s patio and the very filly looking at a book.

“It’s past your bedtime.” She said as she lands next to the filly’s nest of blankets. With a slow turn of her head and a guilty look Star Shine answers. “Um... I wanted to see the stars. They are so pretty and I got this book.” Holds up the Young Astronomers guide to the stars book.

She was so cute looking all guilty like that Luna just sighed and settled down beside her daughter. “Well, there is no kindergarten tomorrow so I let you stay up.” Leaning down she nuzzles Star. The filly snuggles up against her side and Luna covers her back with her wing.

“Now how about I tell you about my wonderful night sky. I was the first astronomer after all.” She looks up and motions to a group of six stars. “That is called the friendship cluster. The center star is really a nebula that why it has that slight purple hue.” Star shine looks at the cluster of stars “kind of looks like Princess Twilight’s cutie mark... “ a soft yawn “If it was lopsided.”

Luna blinked and looked at the cluster again “Your right it does look like Twilight’s cutie mark.”

She smiles and motions to another group of stars “That is the Manticore Leo. Legendary Manticore who battled the earth pony, Tremble Hoof. It was a legend even when I was a filly.” She looked down and noticed Star Shine was asleep. She leans down to nuzzle her and hears a mumble breath “love...you mommy.” “And I Love you my little Star.”

On another balcony Celestia smiles and heads inside.

Author's Note:

I know this is short. It's a better ending then what I had first thought of. Even if it's short it's such a touching moment I think it works. Seems I needed time to let my mind relax before ending this story.

Just like before I have no editor and my grammar and spelling is poor. I was born deaf and Phonics don't work if you can't hear! Add Dyslexia and it's a recipe that makes writing difficult.

Comments ( 7 )

That makes me really sad to hear that... but I accept your decision and can wait to see what u do next.

9325482
Got a final chapter. Nothing great it more of a paragraph. It short and sweet and I think ends it nicely.

9380178
That's normal to have too many ideas. That's why it's important to take it slow. Take it from someone who has written 10k word chapters; if you want all your ideas included write a long chapter.

10662480
To be fair I wasn't referring to making a Luna story.

10736516
True, I think I was a bit too tire when I replied. I’m not planning on adding anything more to this story universe. It was a fun exploration of the Tantibus event, with a bit of soul searching for Luna.

6/10 Above average. Interesting idea but only ok execution.

10805612
Thank you for the honesty. I believe my writing style improved after this, at the very least my latest story has an editor to help refine my work.

Login or register to comment