• Published 1st Apr 2018
  • 732 Views, 3 Comments

A Very Special Easter Egg Hunt - Creativa-Artly01



Twilight takes Flurry Heart on her very first Easter egg Hunt.

  • ...
0
 3
 732

A Very Special Easter egg Hunt

It's a beautiful sunny day outside when Twilight and Flurry Heart arrive at the Ponyville Park, Flurry having her Easter Basket in hoof. They then line up with everypony else to hear the rules of the egg hunt. "Okay," says the Mayor, "these are the rules of the hunt: no going beyond the field and no taking eggs somepony else already has in hoof. Now go get hunting!" Flurry Heart then flies down the hill followed by Twilight and the other fillies and colts and their guardians do the same. As they fly by, the two notice Mr. Cake frantically chasing after the twins.

"You two slow it down!" he hollers with a huff, almost out of breathe. Twilight then looks over him and continues flying after Flurry Heart.

A few minutes later, Flurry Heart finds her first egg and puts it in her basket after showing it to Twily.

"Good job, Flurry," says Twilight with a smile, "you found your first egg." She then rubs her mane and they continue their search.

A few minutes later, Flurry finds two more eggs and puts them in her basket. They then continue their search once more. A few minutes later, the two stumble upon Mr. Cake and the twins, who are searching for eggs within the same area. "Hey," says Twilight to Mr. Cake, "how's the hunt going for you?"

"It's going great, thanks, Twilight," responds Mr. Cake. "I wish Pinkie were here to help though. She's so much better at helping the twins at this than I am."

"Oh, okay," says Twilight, "well, the best of luck then."

"Thanks," responds Mr. Cake. "I'm gonna need it." He then runs after the twins and Twilight runs back after Flurry Heart who just made a mad dash in the opposite direction. As she's running after Flurry Heart, Twilight bumps into another filly and her folks.

"Sorry," says Twilight as she loads the eggs back into the little filly's basket, "I was just chasing my niece and I forget to look where I was going."

"It's fine," responds the mother. "We understand." Twilight then thanks them and continues after Flurry Heart. A few minutes later, she finds Flurry Heart near a tree in the field, pooped out. She then picks up the sleeping filly and her basket in her hooves and the two fly home.

Back at home, Twilight tucks in Flurry Heart for her nap. "I'm glad you had a nice time today, sweetie," says Twilight before she leaves the room. She then lowers the whammy into the crib next to Flurry Heart and leaves the room. Once outside, Twilight goes to the Easter basket and looks at the eggs Flurry Heart found. She then begins to count them. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight," counts Twilight, "nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four." Stops Twilight. "Wow, that's a good find!" Twilight then flies off to her library to do some reading.

A few hours later, there's a knock on the door and Twilight opens it to find Cadence and Shining Armor. "Hey," says Shining with a smile, "how'd Flurry enjoy the egg hunt?"

"She had a blast," says Twilight. "She's in the guest room sleeping right now."

"Good," says Shining. "Can we come in?" Twilight nods and her brother and Cadence come inside. The three then go and talk about the day's events.

"Man!" says Shining once Twilight is done telling him everything, "seems like you two had a blast."

"That we did," responds Twilight with a smile. "I wish we could do stuff like that more often."

"Me too," responds Shining, "too bad you don't live closer."

"Yeah," sighs Twilight, "but I enjoy it here. I still like when you guys come down to visit or I go up to visit you guys, though."

"We enjoy it, too," responds Shining. He then embraces Twilight in a hug. "Now, how about we do our special Easter egg hunt. I hid eggs throughout the town while you were gone with Flurry. You ready for your first clue?"

"Always," responds Twilight as she flies off and gets her Easter egg basket and returns for the clue.

"Okay," says Shining, "here's the first clue. I'm where you get your sweets on the daily, maybe hang out with friends. Where am I?"

Twilight then flies off towards Sugar Cube Corner.

Once at the bakery, Twilight looks everywhere for the eggs and soon finds them hidden in the cake glass and she takes it and puts it in her basket. She then returns to the castle and gets the second clue from Shining. "I'm where you go to get the perfect dress. Where am I?"

Twilight then flies off towards Carousel Boutique and soon finds the egg hidden in Rarity's special rainbow fabric. She then takes the egg and returns back to the castle. There, she gets her third and final clue. "I'm where you used to spend your days, where am I?"

"The library!" squeals Twilight as she flies out of the castle followed by Cadence and Shining and a now awakened Flurry Heart. At the library, Twilight soon finds an egg in her favorite book in the library. She then puts it in her basket.

"Well done," says Shining, "you've found all the ggs. Now pop them open." Twilight nods and pops them open and lets out a squeal.

"Daring Do Con tickets! Thanks so much!" squeals Twilight. "You're the best big brother best friend ever!" She embraces Shining in a hug. "There's one in each egg."

"I'm going with you and you can also invite one friend!" responds Shining with a smile. "Do you know who you want to invite?"

"For sure," says Twilight, "I can't wait to tell Rainbow Dash!" She then embraces Shining in another hug. "Now, why don't we watch Flurry Heart open up her twenty four eggs." Shining nods and they all get down on the floor and lay out the twenty four eggs for Flurry Heart and she opens them with a smile on her face and sweet giggles each time she gets something fun in the eggs. It's truly been the perfect Easter for Twilight, Flurry, Shining, and Cadence. They can definitely agree to that. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good Easter egg hunt?

Comments ( 3 )

Flurry forgot to hug the Easter Bunny.

I appreciate this after hunting eggs with my neice :)

Login or register to comment