• Published 7th Mar 2018
  • 849 Views, 10 Comments

Ponyhammer - Generation 5 - Solaris Vult



Twilight is exploring an ancient ruin beneath Canterlot when some old friends interrupt her, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy attempt to stop her from destroying the universe.

  • ...
3
 10
 849

A Chance Encounter

"Rainbow Dash... I thought I killed you?"

"A Hero can't be defeated simply by making her die."

Twilight simply stood there, staring at the rainbow colored pony before her... A flash of light filled the room and in the blink of an eye, Twilight vanished, leaving behind a black robe and a set of goggles on the ground. Rainbow simply stood there, a purple hoof, burning with a white flame cut straight through Rainbow's body. Rainbow flickered with multicolored light as the two halves of her body simply refused together.

"You're just a hologram."

Rainbow smiled and raised her wings to the sky, glowing with multi-colored light. There was another flash of light, this one coming from Rainbow Dash. The Rainbow light-pegasus drew her sword and took off into the air. Twilight opened her eyes, still dazed by the flash and moved to dodge Rainbow's attack. Rainbow descended from above, her blade slashing at Twilight's side. The light burned at her flesh, rending her fur a toasty black.

"You can't touch me... But the light can certainly burn you!"

"Don't get ahead of yourself, I have plenty of spells that can banish things like you."

Rainbow disappeared, appearing and reappearing throughout the room, sometimes in the air, sometimes on the ground, and even walking on the ceiling.

"Lux, Fuga!" Twilight shouted, her back hooves erupted in white flames, "Auferte, Vide!" Twilight shouted again, her front hooves erupted in the same white flames. The purple earth-pony launched herself into the air as a trail of flame followed her hooves, her forehooves pointing directly at Rainbow Dash.

There was a flash of magic light and Twilight's hooves found themselves frozen solid under a layer of ice. Twilight's eyes went wide with confusion and anger. The ice coating her hooves shattered when Twilight slammed into the wall, the sound of bones breaking filled the room. "Os, Sana," Twilight gasped as she lay on the ground.

Twilight's entire body shone with a telekinetic field, crunching and snapping sounds emanated from the twisted and broken earth-pony lying in the corner. She slowly pulled herself to her hooves, her spine twisted back into place and her legs stammered into shape, "That's a new one darling, and here I thought we had finally caught you..."

"I know that voice... Rarity, you're here too!"

Down a corridor on the far side of the room, two figures stepped into the light. One was a white unicorn with a purple mane, around her was a suit of armor crafted from the corpses of Timberwolves. Gripped in a cyan field of magic was a diamond battleaxe, part of her body made from the same crystal as her weapon.

Next to Rarity was another unicorn, a buttery yellow coat, pink mane, with a suit of green armor covered in vines and flowers, and a massive hammer strapped to her back. "Let me guess... Pinkie and Applejack are right behind you..."

"Sorry to disappoint, but... Um, they couldn't make it,"

"But you still have to deal with us darling!"

Twilight simply smiled as the stepped back up to her feet, fully healed. Fluttershy charged ahead and prepared to strike, her magic warhammer caught in a pink magic field. Fluttershy slammed into the wall, the force of her strike cracking the wall and shaking the entire building, as the cracks started to grow and creep along the wall and unto the ceiling where Rainbow Dash was still standing, the yellow unicorn looked down to see that Twilight was nowhere to be found.

"Flutters! Behind you!" Rainbow called out as she swooped down, turning opaque and grabbing Fluttershy by the flank, ripping her away from where she was once standing, her hammer following after, still bound by telekinesis. There was a flash of light and another explosion causing the walls and ceiling to crack even more. "I forgot to tell you... She can now teleport without saying a word..."

There was a crack and bits of stonework fell from above, landing on the earth-pony now standing where Fluttershy was standing only a few moments before, Twilight ignore the pebbles that cascaded around her. Rainbow vanished and reappeared behind Twilight, as Rarity trotted to the side, surrounding the earth-pony sorcerer. Twilight looked around, with no other options left, she shouted, "Regis!" Her eyes and hooves once again erupting in white flames.

"Oh no..." Rainbow Dash said, vanishing again into nothing.

"Kobalos!"

Rarity jumped forward, landing on Fluttershy, her horn glowing as ice formed around the two pegasus, making a small glacier in the center of the room.

"Cast Unholy Fire!"

Everything went white-hot as arcane flames torched the room, Rarity and Fluttershy huddled together, the barrier of ice melting away. The unicorns cried out in pain as magic fire licked at their bodies, but that's when the blaze subsided, leaving a room of molten stone in its wake, the one exception being the wet slab of stone where two scorched mares now stood.

Rainbow appeared in the air, "You two ok!" She said to the two still huddled on the island of stone in the middle of a lava sea.

"A bit singed, but otherwise, we're fine," A dazed Rarity replied. The white unicorn's horn flared up again, and the room began to cool, the lava turning into red-hot stone and finally cooling to the point where the ponies could walk on it again. Fluttershy regained her conscious, forcing herself up she looked around at the melting room.

"Where did Twi go."

"Hold on a moment I'll find her," Rarity replied, focusing her magic as she searched for her foe.

There was a moment of silence, but then Rarity said to her friends, " She's in a circular room, roughly a hundred meters below us, I'll show you the way!"

"No need!" Rainbow grabbed hold of the two pegasai, carrying one in each hoof. Her wings glowed with a brilliant rainbow light and a few moments later the three took off, flying faster than the eye could track.

"Left... Down these stairs here, forward twenty meters then turn left again," Rarity said, attempting to keep track of their route as they flew through the tunnels underneath Canterlot, entering cave systems and going through tunnels of carved stone, all the while descending down and down.

The three finally found themselves at the bottom of the stairs, facing a massive door with a six-winged alicorn decorating its face. "She's just in here," Rarity informed.

"Leave this to me," Fluttershy responded, her magic hammer levitating to her side. The hammer glow brighter and brighter as she raised it into the air, there was a thunderous crash and the sound of stone being torn asunder, the door collapsed into rubble, a pink haze in the air where the door once stood.

"You're too late! Chaos will triumph this day!" Twilight shouted in response and retrieved a crystal key, gripping it in her mouth. Twilight rammed the key into an altar in the center of the room. Ancient runes covering the alter and most of the room glow with a black energy. Rainbow charged at the earth-pony, Twilight raised one hoof glowing with white fire and in a blast of light, the pegasus was sent crashing into the pile of rubble that was once the door.

A massive carving at the far side of the room, opposite of the door began to glow with the same blackness, the carving was of the same six-winged alicorn as the carving on the door. Black flames crawled up the carving, transforming the wall into a pillar of the blackest black. Out of this pillar, ebony-colored smoke starts to fill the room.

The smoke forms a vortex around Twilight, her eyes still visible through the column of blackness. Rarity's horn lights up and shards of ice appear in the air above the smoke-column, they fire into the vortex only to be sent back, flying in all directions, one impaling Rainbow Dash, while another harmlessly bounces off Fluttershy's armor.

The smoke forms into the shape of a pony, silky black wings unfolding from its sides and white flame forming its eyes, the monster roared, "The countdown to universal annihilation has begun!" Rainbow flew into the air, drawing her sword, a black spike of shadows bursts from out the creature's body, stabbing Rainbow Dash, she flickers and fades just a moment later.

Rarity's horn ignites as telekinesis grabs hold of her armor, ripping it away to reveal the pony underneath. Half of her body comprised of crystal, glowing with magic energy, and a small green flicker of flame where her heart should be. Her entire body glowing with magic energy and her eyes erupting in green flames. The room grows thick with magic, a flash of light... then blackness.

Fluttershy and Twilight left to drift into the void, unable to move the two ponies stared at each other. The sound of an explosion filled their minds, and suddenly stars filled the blackness, color flooded the black, from below them a point of brilliant light shone as if the universe was on fire. Twilight whispered something inaudible over the sound of explosions. White flame burst forth from her sides, forming massive wings of flame.

Twilight dove towards the light, as Fluttershy raised her wings to follow. the two vanished into the light.


"And that's where we'll be ending today!" Twilight exclaimed, setting the Ogres and Oubliettes book down on the table.

"Well, does this mean I'll need to create a new character," Rainbow yawned.

"Well, I'm admittedly happy, I was getting tired of my Las-Pegasus Hootsmare, " Rarity replied.

"Well, we'll see what happens next," Twi finished.

Author's Note:

This has been my attempt at ponifying Gloryhammer, one of my favorite bands, as well as giving you what I hope G5 will be like.

Comments ( 10 )

I wanna set the universe on fire
Feel it burn tonight
Set the universe on fire
There's no end in sight

Bring me to the holy raging power
where I'll find my destiny
The universe on fire
You're my guiding light

https://youtu.be/gXzMD065HEk

8781942
Unfortunate there's only one reference to that song in here... Should have added more.

And it came to pass that Zargothrax was cast into the frozen pool of liquid ice, encasing his immortal body in a cage of eternal frost. Atop the crystal spire of the ancient citadel, the valiant hero Angus McFife held aloft the Amulet of Justice. Channeling the power of the light, its mysterious ancient force freed the unicorns from their spell of undeath, and awoke the princess Iona McDougall from her frozen slumber, restoring cosmic balance to the lands of Dundee... for the stronger we our houses do build, the less chance we have of being killed.

If G5 is anything like this, it will be one heckuva series, in a good way. Also 1/5, not enough Astral Dwarves from Aberdeen :pinkiesmile:.

8782432
HAHAHAHAHA! Fucking Zargothrax! We’re they high when they created his name, or are they just monstrous nerds like most of us?

8782678
I've encountered a bit too much negativity regarding G5, too many people thinking that it'll be another G3.5, so I made this.

Didn't see that coming.

8783085
Actually, the whole thing is a huge joke. Gloryhammer's ridiculous on purpose. It goes so far over the top it runs into an overflow error and comes back around to being serious. It's still kickass anyways, though.

By the holy flaming hammer of unholy cosmic frost, this was a good read. It needs more.

8783085
Just wait until you learn another character is named The Hootsman. Seriously, at one point he even says verbatim "My name is The Hootsman."

And by the way, Zargothrax wields a legendary weapon of his own, called The Knife of Evil, and I can never say its name with a straight face.

Login or register to comment