• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 1,188 Views, 47 Comments

Cause And Distress - pabrony



What happens when the stress of being Celestia's student finally catches up with Twilight?

  • ...
5
 47
 1,188

What Were You Thinking?!

Present day…

"So...anything else happen while we left our daughter in your care?" Twilight Velvet asked as Night Light continued to hold her back with his magic.

By now Celestia's face was covered by a nervous sweat. The lump in her throat had grown exponentially as she told Twilight Sparkle's parents about some of the events that had taken place. "We, well, Dr. Insight managed to diagnose some of her conditions," Celestia managed to get out.

"Wait! Conditions?" asked Night Light. "You told us years ago that she had a social anxiety disorder. Now you're telling us that there's more?"

A nervous chuckle escaped the alicorn's mouth as she nodded her head. "They're not too bad."

Velvet looked at her husband before responding. "Not too bad? By whose definition?" she deadpanned.

Celestia began drawing circles with her right front hoof on the floor; which did not go unnoticed by the ponies in front of her.

A fire raged in Velvet's eyes as she shouted, "I want to know what in Tartarus did you two found wrong with my little filly!"

"Dr. Insight has diagnosed schizophrenia-"

"We already knew about that one," interrupted Night Light.

"Yes, um, he also found signs of dementia, multiple personality disorder, social anxiety, and catatonia," Celestia sighed.

"Catatonia?" Velvet asked; still seething.

"It's what causes her to become frozen in place while she hallucinates," clarified Celestia.

"So you're telling us that you sent our daughter - who should have been institutionalized - to Ponyville to oversee the Summer Sun Celebration?" asked Night Light. "And then left her there after the fact?"

Celestia swallowed hard and slowly nodded her head. In response, Night Light and Velvet both shook their heads in disbelief.

"What were you thinking?" Velvet asked.

"Well, she had expressed interest in visiting other parts of Equestria and she hadn't had any episodes in nearly two years. So I asked her if she was interested in taking charge of the Summer Sun Celebration. When she said yes, both Twilight and I cleared it with Dr. Insight and sent a copy of her records to the psychiatrist in Ponyville," Celestia explained. "I go to Ponyville to check in on her on a weekly basis to make sure she is doing okay. The doctor there has assured me that she had been showing up for her weekly sessions."

"That's all well and good, Princess," began Night Light, "but why were the letters that we received from her addressed from Canterlot?"

Celestia let out another nervous chuckle at his question.

"She mailed them to you and then you switched envelopes, didn't you?" asked Velvet.

"Sort of. She mailed them to me in an envelope that had the envelope addressed to you inside," Celestia said.

Twilight's parents just sighed and shook their heads. The fact that their daughter had been part of a conspiracy to keep her condition hidden from them was beyond belief. Velvet and Night Light whispered to each other back and forth as the snow-white alicorn looked on.

After a few minutes of hushed discussions, Night Light finally spoke up. "What about Shining Armor? Does he know about all this foolishness?"

Another bead of sweat rolled down the right side of her head as she debated whether or not to tell the truth.

Author's Note:

Finally, we find out what's ailing our favorite lavender pony. The next chapter will have the event that got Twilight sent to the psych ward.

Comments ( 7 )

And here I thought Pinkie Pie was the schizoid one...:pinkiecrazy:

Well. This was worth the wait!

9921397
Glad that you approve.

9921751
Yeah! The chapter said everything for me! It was short, but it was worth it! I can't wait to see more!

Glad to see this story's still alive.

9921784
Yeah, the SciTwi Shimmer Chronicles kinda took priority for the first half of the year due to the timing of a condition one of the characters had.

9920532
They are friends, I’m sure they can share.

Login or register to comment