• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 1,681 Views, 102 Comments

In Twilights Shadow - MinuetteColgate



Well, Lost some memory of before, woke up, found out i was sharing a body, and that when im in control, we're vampiric, and when shes in control, we're epic.

  • ...
6
 102
 1,681

Chapter 8- Brief Respite

I awoke again within the void. The seeming conflict of my mind between curiosity and being startled no longer causing me worry, as the reason was clear to me.

"Twilight/Theos Essence, You have done well." Came the indistinguishable voice from the circle of teeth I could see after...floating upright(?). Both sides of me were in agreement with one thing. That was a general dislike towards the glowing orange eye we knew as...

"...The Architect, hello"

The eye seem to take a knowing glint at our plight.

"There is no need for pleasantries. How the essences feel about me is of no concern. As long as the essences can do their assigned task, the essences may view me as the essences wish." Was what he muttered out in a cold tone. One half of me was confused by this God's seeming uncaringness, while the other just felt there was something wrong within the way that he spoke. It felt like a machine.

"So why am I here?" I voiced out the consensus question I had to the God before me. The eye merely started to look upon me with indifference.

"You have completed a task, Twilight/Theos Essence, I have deemed it right to let you know. As a reward, I shall tell you that through completing this task, your bond together grows towards unity, but is still closer to amalgamation. I have also come to warn you that a legacy is coming for you, and that it may either be a great boon to you, or may destroy you." This information was a lot to take in. So he's saying that by completing his tasks, we will become closer to this unification that is not amalgamation? And what does he mean by legacy? As I start to voice these questions, he speaks again.

"The time is short. Twilight/Theos Essence. You will wake up now"

And like that, I felt myself get ejected from the void.

******

Beep

I felt myself stir, and eyes flutter open.

Beep

That beeping was a pretty telltale sign of where I was. Upon leaving the beeping to become white noise, I took note of the room. It seemed to be able to house 2 pon... people, as there was another bed on the opposite side of the room, a single window between the beds. However, this other bed was vacant.

Looking further forward,, I notice a desk for places to be stored and a green curtain, most likely to wrap around the bed and give patients some degree of privacy. The room was clean, as a hospital room should be. However, I felt the elation of the clean room drift away from me as I recessed back into my own self.

"That's going to get some taking used to..." I said to my host in some tired non-committal manner.

"Yes, I can agree to that" was all I got as a reply as Twilight closed our eyes and tried to nurse this headache we had. I did notice however, that our fur was looking really pale, and that we seemed to be hooked up to a Intravenous line. When she opened our eyes, I noticed our muzzle was looking quite blue.

"I see, blood loss..." I muttered in the lethargy that was still chaining me.

"More than that Theos," Twilight replied in a similar manner, "Hypovolemic shock. We lost far to much blood in that altercation."

"Sorry..." was all I was able to reply with, even if I couldn't really feel it. Didn't mean I meant it any less though.

"Didn't I say I don't blame you before?" She winced out, "while we should of expected such a thing to happen, we were far too emotional at the time to worry about it. If anything, I'm to blame for not pointing it out."

I laughed weakly in reply, as she leaned back, what weak excuse of a triumphant smirk forming on her face. We remained like that for a short while, my brain not exactly properly splicing time together properly due to the headaches, lethargy and dizziness that we were overcome with.

I could feel a definite thirst, and not of your regular kind. The kind I feel I'm going to have to get used to. Luckily, I could not feel any madness beset me along with this thirst. In fact, that blood bag was smelling mighty delicious, and with how Twilights gaze lingered on it, either she agreed, or my mental state was affecting her. Either one was morbid.

Just as we were thinking of acting upon such desires, the doors opened, revealing faces I did not expect. The first was a nurse, to whom I did expect. I was in a hospital after all. Her coat was a white and she had a yellow mane and tail, that were done flat and tied back. The second was a familiar cream thestral, the emerald eyes full of life, the mane that looked casually messy but smart, greying hair, and the tail that had a centre piece with tufts of fur jutting out in the cardinal directions halfway down.

"Noble Fall..." Twilight muttered out in suspicion. Her suspicion was well placed and shared by me, as Noble Fall had said some suspicious things before the whole fiasco, aside from the fact he was working there and seemed well aware of what was happening.

"That would be I, your Highness" he said very cordially, if with a bit of mirth, before bowing. Twilight not in the mood for antics, just narrowed her gaze.

"And what are you doing here?" She interrogated, her voice firm and steady despite the crippling effects of blood loss currently on us. He rose from his bow and his demeanour instantly changed. It's at this point the nurse decided to leave, obviously done with whatever she was doing.

"Can't an old fool with nothing left care about the lives he saves..." his demeanour became solemn, his eyes tired and tone sorrowful. He seemed to realise how he was acting before shifting his demeanour back to his happy, lively self. "...because I must say, you were out of it with the amount of blood you'd lost from your veins.. I'd dread to have think what would have happened had I not called for the guard's and an ambulance."

Twilight, though her suspicion still existed, seemed more accepting of his presence where we were.

"Very well then, if you insist." He started, on a more serious manner, but still with that mirth. "I'm here to talk with you two about the world you are now a part of, Night Rider." He said those last two words with a smug emphasis, though we were more hung up on the fact he seemed to know about us.

"What do you-" was all Twilight mannered to mutter out before Noble Fall interrupted again.

"No point trying to hide it. I've lived long enough to realize the presence of our princess's bloodline. That's the other you by the way." was all he said. The fog in our head was starting to clear up as proper amounts of blood started to circulate through our body.

"Princess?" I said to my host with confusion. I mean, I'm no princess, I'm not even a Prince! Or anything close to royal. I'm not even quickly noble!

"Princess?" Twilight repeated, obviously also curious about what he means.

"But of course! It is the Ichor of Erebus that fuels their magic, and it requires them to have a physical tether to this world. That, is a life form. In this case, you are that life form. However, neither of you seem to know anything of this." He finished off.

I notice our vision drop, and constantly dart in many different directions. I could literally feel Twilight's mind working quickly. It was quite a feat considering our earlier state.

"So you're saying that my friend, who is inside my head has this "Ichor of Erebus", and that has bound him to me? And what do you mean 'our' princess?" She inquired to the stallion, who smiled back.

"Yes, and Penumbra, those gifted by the Night Rider, who serve her to help protect the populace of this world from the supernatural. I am one who remained awake since the fall of the last Night Rider, as did some others, while most of us hibernated until your return." He replied, all to happy to answer our questions.

"And when did the last 'Night Rider' fall?" Twilight asked, and I somehow felt we were going to be surprised by the answer.

"Trying to end the Celestial War" he said, and I could feel our pupils widen in surprise.

"B-b-but that was 1000 odd years ago! That would mean you are even older!" She shouted in surprise, to which he merely chuckled.

"Why yes, I suppose it does." He merely replied.

"Celestial War? Whazzat?" I asked Twilight, as it seemed important. She proceeded to look to the side, as if talking to someone else, which she was.

"It was when Princess Luna became corrupted into Nightmare Moon. The war happened quickly, ending with 3 years, and quickly became a lost annal of history. Only since Luna's return, information became known to the world." She helpfully explained.

"Ah, a civil war then?" I inquired.

"Yes" she replied.

"How strange it is to hear these one-sided conversations again after all this time. Fascinating this feeling. I believe it is called nostalgia? It is a nice feeling." Came the voice of Noble Fall from in front of us. I could feel Twilight's gaze instantly snap back to him and her cheeks start burning up, obviously embarrassed that she had been caught talking to 'herself'. "May I know the name of our newest princess?"

Twilight mulled this over for a short while, and it started dragging on for a while. So I decided to make the decision for her.

"There is no problem in telling him my first name is there?" I asked her, to which she merely sighed.

"I suppose not, sympathetic magic is far less potent without a full name. Very well. Theos, Noble Fall, his name is Theos." He looked surprised for a moment, before nodding slowly.

"A male? I suppose there never was a rule stating the successor could not be as such. Just that it has not happened in recorded history. Would it be possible to talk with him?" He then asked hopefully.

"Ummmm, no" was all Twilight replied, to which he started muttering something.

"Can't change on will yet, must be new" was all we heard from him before we looked up. "Well, it matters not. I have a proposition to make to you, if you would both be willing to hear it?"

This instantly piqued mine and Twilight's interests, and thus she said, "Go on..."

Author's Note:

Woooooooo! This has been a while in the making. I've recently been hit by the pony hard, and thus wanted to return to writing this somewhat, rather than my story on Royal Road. After all, this is my first story. I'm just sad I haven't been able to watch season 7,8, and 9 of FIM, because I really want to. I just don't know how. Anyway, enough glooming. Let's see where this leads shall we? Kyu~!

Comments ( 14 )

ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE!!!

Cool story so far. Be interesting to see where this goes. Keep up the good work.

9773751
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! *cue obvious lightning strike*

As the last words say go on

9773906
Yesssss let the carnage begin!

9773906
Let's hope you didn't use an abbybormal brain.

9773906
*begins to whack with rolled up newspaper*

No! Bad! No evil sprees!:ajbemused:

Welcome back though!:twilightsmile:

9776444
Owwwwwwwwieeeeeeeeee, why would you whack a cute little Fox with a newspaper...?

And thanks, it's good to be back! Kyu~

9776577
You were doing the evil laugh, silly!:derpytongue2:

Is This By Any Chance Going To Continue?

"Yes, and Penumbra, those gifted by the Night Rider, who serve her to help protect the populace of this world from the supernatural. I am one who remained awake since the fall of the last Night Rider, as did some others, while most of us hibernated until your return." He replied, all to happy to answer our questions.

hivemind insect shaft-shifter, ancient immortal shadow king that enslave ponies made of crystal, embodiment of disharmony, magic devourer from hell
are those not supernatural enough?

at first, i think this is going to be something like fate/stay night, a battle royal.

now there's secret vampire war.... no, it doesn't work.
twilight already fought with beings far more powerful than vampires.
and guns... unicorn magic blast is far stronger than a slug shot. blowing up walls and boulders.
and i've seem her survived direct hit from that.

hay nice story i do hope there will be more chapters soon:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment