• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 1,681 Views, 102 Comments

In Twilights Shadow - MinuetteColgate



Well, Lost some memory of before, woke up, found out i was sharing a body, and that when im in control, we're vampiric, and when shes in control, we're epic.

  • ...
6
 102
 1,681

Chapter 5- The Manehatten Fault: Part 1: This Might Be Interesting

This bumping was kind of annoying to us. The rattling of the train, while subdued enough for a normal person/pony to sit in relative comfort, with our heightened sense of touch, it was worthless. And it was doing nothing for the worrisome and depressive mood of my host. After the revelation given to us by The Architect, she had been in a slump. And to be honest? I don’t blame her. I myself feel down. But for a completely different reason. I couldn’t help but feel like it was all my fault.

“Theos?” My host inquired to my waking state of mind.

“Yes?” I simply reply, though already had a guess at what she was going to say.

“Please understand that I don’t blame you. I’ve had time to think this through, and though I did want to blame you at first, I came to realize that that was not the correct course of action. In the end, you’re in this with me, and it wasn’t your fault, but The Architects” she said,” so please don’t beat yourself up over it.”

I felt slightly better about myself after that, but then thought there was something I could get out of this. So as my host stared out of the window, I replied.

“Sure, I can do that” I said, as the relief became apparent on her reflected face, ”if…if you stop beating yourself up over it too” the surprise was visible in the window mirror. “I know full well how this will go. I will stop being blamed, but then you will starting blaming yourself along with The Architect. The way I see it, the fastest route to our individualities survival… is The Architect. So we’re better off doing what he wants for now.”

“That…that was strangely insightful Theos.” She then giggled, “I’ll admit I do feel better after that pep talk. You’re right, we’re both in this together, and can’t start blaming each other, as then we will stand no chance of finding answers.”

“Right… and in the end, we don’t technically die… we just lose all sense of individuality from each other!” I stated in a jovial manner, to which she proceeded to actually laugh. I heard something coming down the train, multiple sets of hooves. “You’re friends are back. Be wary of Applejack… she’s been looking at you strange, and I don’t think it’ll be long till either she demands answers or the others notice and demand answers.”

She nodded her head in the affirmative and then looked from the scrolling landscape to the door of the train carriage, just as it opened, revealing five mares and a dragon, sleeping on the back of a yellow pegasus with a pink mane and tail and green eyes, who’s name was Fluttershy. There was also a blue pegasus, with a short rainbow mane and a rainbow tail, with magenta eyes. Her name was (surprise surprise) Rainbow Dash. There was a white unicorn with a curly mane and tail, sapphire eyes, who’s name was Rarity. Then there was that poofy pink party pony named Pinkie Pie who we met earlier. Finally, there was an orange Earth pony wearing a Stetson over her blond mane, with green eyes full of suspicion. Suspicion that, was quite rightly aimed at Twilight and me. She was luckily only minorly injured from last nights kerfuffle, nothing a few healing spells couldn’t deal with, as long as she rested.

“If you don’t mind my asking, why are we heading to Manehatten darling? I’m not complaining of course, oh no, seeing as I’ll able to check on my boutique and of course it is one of the most illustrious cities, but all you said when you called us all in was that you got a letter from Princess Celestia” inquired Rarity.

“Oh, that is perfectly fine Rarity. I must of forgotten to tell you in my worry. Its quite simple really, supposedly ponies have started going missing in Manehatten for a few weeks now. The guard is getting nowhere, and with our track record, the princess thought it might be a good idea if we can find anything out.” She replied, perhaps a bit to cheerfully, but she was trying to keep up a good mood, so I can’t really blame her.

“Hey”, I started, “you don’t think it could be something that ties to what The Architect was talking about do you?” I asked. I felt the thought passed through her mind, as I felt her face go serious, as she started to agree with the chances.

“Oh dear, I really hope those missing ponies will be okay” said the yellow pegasus timidly.

“Of course they are! We’ll have them found in an instant. After all, you’ve got me!” Boisterously declared Rainbow Dash, and from what I’ve been told, a lot of that pride is not misplaced. As long as that ego won’t get her killed, I’m fine with it. Friends with quite a few people with big egos. The rest then voiced their agreement, and went off to do their own thing for the rest of the train journey. All except one. No guesses on who. Applejack. Both me and my host were in agreement at one thing, if both our panics rising were anything to go by. She proceeded to plonk her behind on the seat opposite us, and started staring deep in to our eyes. It was honest to Cthulu creepy, and intimidating.

“Ah’m going to cut right to the chase sugarcube. Ah wanna know what happened last night.” she stated in a firm manner, never giving up on the atmosphere. I was starting to feel small, no matter how much scarier in actuality I was. I felt my host grip onto a train of thought and hold it long enough to reply.

“What’re you talking about Applejack? I don’t mean to imply I don’t know what your talking about…but…um, could you be a bit more specific?” Twilight manage to mutter out. To be honest? I was proud of her. That statement was non threatening, and gave us, if answered properly, exact perimeters to the information we would need to give.

“Well…OK then.” Applejack started. “Ah didn’t see none of it myself, but after Ah got beat up and knocked out by that big monstrous fellow, Ah woke up, and Applebloom told me what happened, how you saved her, and the guards restrained the thing. Ah want to know what happened.” She continued in a tone that left no room for argument. Now this was perfect. I could feel me and my host move along e same network of an idea. Which might be bad. Considering how we may be fusing. But enough of that.

“It’s really quite simple Applejack. I managed to help hold off…whatever it was, long enough for the guards to get there.” My host spoke, quite cool and calm considering the situation. Applejack pondered what we said for a while before she started to speak up, her face softening.

“Ah believe ya Twilight. I’m sorry about how I must’ve come across, Ah just needed to know what happened. And while Ah am sure you’re hiding something, I won’t pry. You must have a good reason, and I’m sure you’ll tell us all in time.” She replied, a lot calmer, and with a softer atmosphere around her.

“Its alright Applejack. I don’t old it against you. So how’s the farm coming along?” my host replied, and the two started talking, and did not stop until we reached our destination, around 1’oclock. So lunch time.

“*squee*Ohhhhh, Manehatten, it has been much to long since I last visited you!” cried Rarity, to which my host could not help but giggle at.

“Ooooo, Oooooo, how long? Wait! Don’t tell me! Let me guess. A day? No? A week? No? GASP! A YEAR!” started sputtering the horror known as Pinkie Pie, and continued on regardless of everyone else talking.

“Ah reckon its been about 3 days.” Answered Applejack, which of course got giggles from everyone except Pinkie Pie, who was still talking, and Rarity, who was doing her best impression of a car starting up on a cold morning.

“Well, as I have said before…any amount of time spent away from such a city is far too long!” she replied with gusto, to which my host started to chip in her own thoughts.

“OK everypony, I hate to be a spoiler of a good mood, but remember we’re here for a reason. Let’s get settled in to our hotel room, and then go and ask around for information on the missing ponies.” My hosts authority rung true, and the others followed her with murmurs of agreement. The hotel was a nice place. As in it was luxury. The princess seemed to leave this out when they told Twilight they had already reserved a space for her to say, and suffice to say, she was not pleased, but went along with it anyway. After getting the room key, we all headed up to it, and boy was it a long way up.

Upon entering I could hear the murmurs of wonder. The “magic” chandelier in the centre of the large room, the lavish couches by the lavish fireplace. The table by the window, the small kitchen area in the corner, and the six doors I could only assume would lead to bedrooms, each, I would assume, with their own on suite. I had but a few words to say.

“Well, this is definitely better than my low end, dirt cheap apartment.” This elicited a giggle from Twilight, and the others looked at her strangely, to which she just rubbed a hoof on the back of her head and chuckled.

“Just remembered something funny” was all she said, and they all just went back to woahing. They quickly got back on track and left to do what they wanted/ what they were meant to be doing. Following throughout Twilight’s day(it’s not like I had a choice in the matter) we had a decent lunch to start off with. Sadly, as we could really expect, no one had any answers to our questions. And it was with this that about half six in the evening, did we return, our face glum with defeat, from one afternoons restless work.

“Please tell me you lot found something worthwhile.” Twilight groaned to the five mares currently around the table, to which they all replied in the negative, causing my host to groan as she plonked herself on the seat and slammed her chin on the table. I could feel a panic attack coming on when suddenly we heard it. A glimmer of hope.

“Uhm, actually, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, I did find something.” Said the timid Fluttershy, to which I was actually surprised, and by the looks of the other mares, so were they. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything.”

“No please, do go on Fluttershy” my host quickly interjected, maybe a bit too forcefully.

“Um, well, if you’re sure,” to which I could feel our head nod up and down. “Well, I was talking to this one mare, and, um, she said that one night, when she was walking home, she saw a group of ponies. These ponies were dragging another one into a horrible bar. The Fang Bazaar. The pony they were dragging away, was the pony declared missing the next day.”

“That place sounds simply dreadful darling. I would not wish to enter such a place.” Replied Rarity.

“Oh, I don’t know Rarity. The place could actually be lots of fun, with streamers and cupcakes and cakes and games. After all, if it’s a place where ponies go, then it can’t be that bad.” Replied our pink friend.

“However it is, Ah think we should get some rest and continue tomorrow, when we all are feeling less tired” said our appley friend, to which there was a murmur of agreement. So we all split off to our rooms. It turns out spike was sleeping, and still is, in our room. It was a simple room, with a big bed by the window, a small balcony, and a dresser. Spike had a little basket bed in the corner between the door and the dresser.

“Good night Spike.” Twilight murmured before casting a soundproofing spell around us. Then it started happening. The transformation. This time it happened faster, and from what I can tell was severely less painful. I proceeded to work the joints now that I was in control, getting used to the sensation of actually controlling our movement, before narrowing my eyes to the balcony.

“Let me guess. The Fang Bazaar.” I merely stated, trying to be serious for once. With a silent agreement, I glided into the city night.

Author's Note:

Wooowee. This one was tough. And the next one might be too! Why? You may ask. Though you probably aren't, and are just shouting for more. Well its quite simple really. I can't write large groups of characters. And I'm impatient. The bad things. So here's your new chapter.

Enjoy >:]