• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 2,612 Views, 57 Comments

In the home of our Princess! - Carmack21

  • ...
7
 57
 2,612

Chapter 4


In The Home Of Our Princess Part4
A sequel to A Day To Remember
By Carmack21
A/N Sorry for it taking a long time to write this, but I was so intrigued by an author who I found hilarious, a genius, and a great writer… AEGIS SHEILD, writer of Lunar Stallions and a few more great reads. I Loved his stories, take a glance, they’re great.
Princess Luna sat at one end of the grand dining table, her midnight mane flowing in a breeze that wasn’t there. A sly looking smile met the two mares as they entered.
“Princess Luna?” Twilight said, somewhat startled by the lone figure sitting at the dining table.
Sweat started to appear on Rainbows brow; it was only a few days ago when the two mares met and discussed a secret that was kept amongst the three mares in the room. “Princess Luna… Uhm” Rainbow steadied herself and bowed with Twilight.
Princess Luna acknowledged the royal gesture with a smile “Thou have no need of to bow before us.”
“Princess Luna, It’s so great to see you!” Twilight chimed in cheerfully as she started towards the table.
“There is no need to greet us with our title either, Twilight Sparkle” The Princess replied calmly.
Rainbow started for the table as well, every step being heavier than the last. She became lost in thought as she walked. Why was Princess Luna here alone, no guards, no waiters, and where were the other guests? Rainbow became so lost in thought she hadn’t realized she was so close to the table when all of a sudden - SMACK, right into the side of the table.
“Rainbow Dash is something wrong with thee?” Luna asked, visibly concern.
Rainbow snapped back to attention, “Uhm, no. I just lost my train of thought.” She answered truthfully. What had she to hide? Rainbow kicked herself for not staying focussed, but why couldn’t she enjoy on the pleasure of eating with a Princess?
“Rainbow Dash, why don't thou sit by us for breakfast?” Princess Luna encouraged while she magically levitated a chair out from the table for Dash to sit in.
“Uhm, I was hoping to sit near Twilight.” Dash encouraged, also hoping the Princess wouldn’t be offended. Oh for Celestia sake, please don’t let her be offended, Dash thought.
Twilight opened her mouth to protest and say its ok, but before she could the double doors opened.
“Nonsense My Little Pony, my sister would enjoy your company, while I listen to my protégée’s notes and information she has collected.” A voice spooked Rainbow from behind, but she knew who it was immediately.
“Princess Celestia!” Rainbow Dash and Twilight noted, turning and bowing before her.
“Rainbow Dash, its great too see you.” Princess Celestia told Dash. She bowed down and touched Dash’s head with her horn, a spark of magic zapped Dash’s head, granting her good luck for the next few days. Afterwards Celestia moved to her seat opposite of her sister, then the rest of the guests entered each greeting the princess with a bow and corrigibly taking their desired seats, leaving only one seat left, right next to Princess Luna.
Dash walked quietly over to the seat, looking at the chair to avoid meeting the Princesses gaze. She bowed once more to the Princess before she sat, taking in her surroundings. The Princess of the night on her left, the Wonderbolts were scattered around the table, but Spitfire was to her immediate right, Shining Armor sitting next to his sister, Princess Cadence sitting next to her husband, and a white unicorn stallion by the name Prince Blueblood sat adjacent to Princess Cadence.
While everyone else was well off into conversations about this and that and how things have been going, Dash found herself staring at the ground. “Is something wrong with thou?” asked a soft yet reassuring voice.
“No, no, nothing is wrong Princess Luna,” Dash answered. “It’s just that I don’t feel like I belong here” she finally answered truthfully. She didn’t want to ruin Twilights enjoyment of being able to eat with the Princess, especially since Twilight had patiently waited for her at the practice court when she was with the Wonderbolts.
“Well we can not have that can we. Also you don’t need to call me Princess anymore either.” Luna said slyly. “Dearest Sister.” The room grew quiet, “We shall retire to the courtyard, Rainbow Dash will you join us?” She announced as she stood from the table.
Rainbow glanced around the table, catching Twilight who gave an ‘ok’ nod, she stood up pushed her chair in and followed the Princess out of the dinning room. As she left, conversation perked back up, probably about what just happened. Oh well.
Dash caught up to the Princess as she was leaving, “So Prin- Luna… What are we going to do?” Dash asked, being up front with her question.
“I do not know, I was hoping you would have some ideas. What, pray tell, do you ponies do these centuries?” Luna asked.
Dash’s eyes lit up. Oh. My. Gosh, the possibilities, but one stood out the most… PRANKS! “Princess, have you ever heard of a prank?” Dash said through a clever looking smile.
One good amount of prank time thinking later…
“OK, so all we have to do is wait right here, and watch the fun.” Dash said excitedly. The two ponies smoothed an entire hall of the palace in butter, placed cling wrap on every doorway, a bucket of water also rested on each door frame, and to top it all off were a couple of trip wire pie launchers for good measure. A few moments passed as the two stood still in the shadows, and sure enough the hallway had its first victim.
A Solar Stallion was on his route, a perfect test subject, when right on cue - slip, followed by a crash, and a few curses as he became covered in pie. This got the two mares laughing, quietly. He got up on his hooves again looked around to find the suspects, but no one was there, thanks to Luna’s magic, they blended into the shadows perfectly. He went to take another step and he slipped once again, after a few more tries and a lot more cursing, he got the hang of standing, then he started sliding down the hallway, (with a little help from alicorn magic).
The two mares snickered and laughed aloud when he was out of sight, it was funny to watch, but even funnier was the look on the stallions face as he didn’t know what happened when he was scooted off down the hallway.
“Thou was right, the fun was doubled… Now let us triple it!” Princess Luna cheered. Luna flew to the roof of the hallway and motioned for Dash to join her. “Ready?” She asked.
“You bet.” Dash retorted, she was having just as much fun doing pranks with the Princess as she had when she did them with Pinkie Pie. She quickly turned to Luna who used a little flick of her horn to conjure up a whistle, one that would tell everyone that its break time. Luna allowed Dash to do the honors of pulling the rope.
“WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!” The whistle rang aloud, announcing break time, and all on the same instant every door was flung open. Mares, Colts, and Solar Guards were drenched in icy cold water, wrapped in cling wrap, and swooshed across the floor, and when they tried to get up they were pelted with pies. A few mares and colts shrieked liked little foals, even one of the Solar Guards were caught off guard by such a perfect prank.
Luna and Dash laughed as the mares and colts fumbled and dove trying to avoid slipping and the airborne pies that never seem to end, for some reason. The Pegasus Solar Guard tried to take off, but proved fruitless; they were immediately mowed down by the projectiles. The few unicorns who were trying to repel the pies couldn’t gain their balance and slid from one side of the room to the other. The earth ponies faired worse then both of the other races, they were hit by pies, and they slid across the buttered floor.
“Hey! You up there, on the roof, Sto-ahh!” A Solar Guard cried as he tried to stand but quickly slid into another guard.
“Hmm, we should take our leave.” Luna said snickering.
“Hehe! Race you to the Courtyard.” Dash said, and without waiting for an answer she was gone.
“Challenge accepted!” Luna called to the blue blur as it vanished around the corner. She looked around at the chaotic mess, with one last laugh she vanished into the shadows.
‘Come on Dash, come on, we can beat the Princess.’ Dash said in her mind repeatedly over and over. She flew past hallway after hallway. Door after door, passed and passed, each one coming faster and faster then the last, just a few more turns and a few more doors, and BOOM! She rolled into the doors and blasted into the Courtyard. Yes she was first there!
“There you are Rainbow Dash, we have bested you!” Luna exclaimed, from her poised spot on the bench next to the gardens.
Dash jaw dropped, how did she… how did I… she ran through every possibility of how Luna had ‘Bested’ her. “How did you beat me?” Dash needed too know.
“Do thou forget I’m Princess of the night? I move with the shadows” Luna answered her. “So, what do we win?” she asked.

Comments ( 6 )

I enjoyed this. Also, I think I'm:yay: first

I enjoyed this. Also, I think I'm first :yay:

1124200 hhmmmm thanks:pinkiehappy: but guest what..... One more chapter till the end.

Everyone, who reads this are wondering when is the next chapter comeing out, not for a little bit, sry. I've been working on a new story called 'The Few.' it's packed with al sorts of fun stuff. Then afterwords I'll get back to this story;)

Comment posted by EpicSpinoYoshi deleted Mar 11th, 2016

Hahahaha That last chapter was too good! I can't wait for more!

Login or register to comment