• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 636 Views, 17 Comments

Patience Lost - KhaosBlade



Spike has been in service of Princess Twilight for over 200 years now as her butler and personal bodyguard. But when Twilight is badly hurt, he decides to show the entity behind it the error of its ways.

  • ...
2
 17
 636

Should this continue?

It has been almost a year since I wrote the first chapter and for months I've known how the story will play out.

The problem lies in whether it should play out this way.

The basic plan I had for this story was that it would have Spike somehow take away Discord’s magic, making him helpless, then proceed to issue a “The Reason You Suck” speech while beating the shit out of him and at the end almost attempt to kill him before realizing how similar he was being to Discord. He would then destroy the item Discord holds onto as a memory of Fluttershy in order to hurt him and leave.

However, what stopped me from writing this was how petty it felt to write it. It felt self-indulgent and a bit childish. There is more to the story than written above, I just didn't want to spoil it all, but I'm uncertain whether the story should be continued.

Also, I ended up making a kind of AU based around something in this story, and this story would end up being very strenuous on the idea (it’s like Deku beating the shit out of Bakugo, it's enjoyable, but it's very out of character).

So I wanted to ask anyone reading to tell me if you want me to finish the story or just erase it.

Thank you.

Comments ( 5 )

Please keep going.

Continue the story, but maybe put the beating before you take away discords magic and don't destroy the only thing Discord has to remember fluttershy, that's just Immature and petty.

The story so far is intriguing but you also have to remember that it is your story. If you have lost interest in it then you can leave it alone but I see where you are coming from. The simple idea of him making someone powerless and beating them to near death is a commonly used plot item and more often than naught the fault lies with the feeling of it being overdone and repeated. The idea you had started with is a solid one and has great potential. I think you should finish writing the story but if you need to rethink how you want the story to go if you are thinking about changing your mind. The story is entirely your own I just feel that you are having a moment where you are confused about something. from the teaser that you had released, you would be changing spikes personality drastically, which would seem out of character. I could picture you having spike look at discord and saying something along the lines of, "I only spare your life to let you live with the guilt that Fluttershy would be devastated knowing what you did to Twilight. Next time you come near Twilight you will regret ever knowing what friendship was and I will kill you so you can see Fluttershy again and understand how much she has lost faith in you. She trusted you and look what you did to a friend of hers. She has forgiven you for a lot but I have forgiven you for the last time, no more second chances." Then throw the Fluttershy related item at him.
Again that is me and this is not my story. Please don't just give up, take time and rethink the story if you have to just please don't throw it away. I don't know if this post helps you but I hope you aren't confused by it. Have a nice day and stay safe.

9098489
The taking away of his magic is temporary and the item is not the only thing Discord has to remember her by, just the most significant.

Login or register to comment