• Published 3rd Dec 2017
  • 725 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Outside World. - New Fossil Studios



Today is the day that it all changes, today is the day I got a taste of the outside world, today is the day I met a boy, today is the day I helped my mother change her doubts of the outside world, and today is the day everything changes.

  • ...
 14
 725

Familiarity

Idle chat passed us by as me and Carl traversed the school yard, getting caught up with each other’s lives after being disgraced with each other’s absence for nearly a decade. We talked about the most trivial of matters, but it felt like we were sharing 100 years of wisdom with each other, every singular solitarily intricate syllable meant a thousand words to me. And if his grin is anything to lead by, I can say he felt the same.

Caught up in our conversation, I paid no attention to the increasingly changing terrain around us until my peripheral vision seized something to my right. Since I had only caught a glimpse of the object, I bolted out my skin and jumped into Carl’s arms.

“What the hell was that?!” I blurted out in my fearful state.

Carl chuckles at me and sends me this cocky glare, “I never knew you were afraid of a lizard.”

Pouting comically, I release myself from the bridal grasp, “Shut up…” I replied.

He laughs again before approaching the lizard, “Whatever you say drama queen.” He then reaches his hand out to the lizard which crawled on his hands.

He then turns to me and hands me the lizard, causing me to flinch a bit, “Go on, he isn’t going to bite.” He assures me.

Steeling my nerves, I met his hand and slipped the creature off his palm, taking the lizard for myself. The thing was apparently eager to explore because he started crawling all over me. I didn’t feel anything on my hands for I had gloves on, but once it made it to my arm, I couldn’t hold in the laughter.

“Canterlot Albino Lizard: small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.” He describes the creature running up my arm.

Seeing as the little guy was reaching my forearms, I intercepted his journey with my other hand and put him back on the tree where he wasted no time in climbing to the top of the tree to never be seen again.

Finally paying attention to the surrounding around me, I almost found myself choking on the pure beauty of the forest-like area around me.

“Wow, it’s…”

“Beautiful? Pretty? Elegant?”

I shook my head, “All of the above.” I breathed in every air I could so I would not choke upon this ethereal forestry that stood before me, “Feels like this place was protected by God.” I said.

“This place is full of exotic creatures and plants only known to thrive in Canterlot.” He explains, “Scientist have been trying for centuries on end to explain the unnatural phenomena that occur here.” He begins to walk further down the path, “Some say that no matter how many times you impurify the water here, it’ll become pure days later safe to drink.”

I nodded, following his steps, “So, where we going?” I inquired.

He points ahead, “I want to show you something… special.”

His hesitation on the word ‘special’ had me a bit worried and curious at the same time, so I followed him.

I soon appreciated the choice of following him as he lead me to this large clearing, a clearing adorning such beauty that it could only be described as the pride and joy of God.

“Wow… this is just stunning.” I couldn’t think of any words to express what I was witnessing.

Carl on the other end seemed naturally unfazed by this beauty as if he bore witnessed it beforehand, “Trust me, things get much more interesting.” He said as he approaches the lake. But to my surprise, when he steps onto the lake, he does not fall at all, instead, he walks upon the surface as if the water was ice instead.

By some stupid force of curiosity, I tried to emulate him, but I failed and ended up falling chest deep into this lake, getting almost everything soaked.

“Hahaha, should’ve told you that was going to happen.” Carl reached a hand out to me.

I took it and was able to stand up in the water, noting that he himself was standing utop the water as I have observed, “What the hell’s happening?” I question.

He smiles as some water raises from the pond and above his hand, forming a sphere, “Why I left.” He answers vaguely.

I shake my head, “Care to give more detail smartass.” I began to reach my boiling point.

“You see Skystar, I’m not like other kids.” He began, “I was born stranger than the rest, it wasn’t until I was 6 years old, the day I left, that I found out that I had hydrokinesis.” The sphere of water disappears into his hand, “Me and my family went around the world trying to find out what’s wrong with me, we eventually met this woman who said I was a Familiar: a child born with powers known as Familiarities, meaning we have some certain power.”

“And yours is hydrokinesis.”

He nods, “The time these types of children started popping up isn’t clear, but many believe the origins to be right here in Canterlot.” He explains.

Hearing his story, I nod, “So you’re trying to find these other children or?” I inquire.

He shakes his head, “No, after a decade of searching for answers, me and my family just said ‘screw it, let’s just settle for now’.” He corrected, “I showed you this only because I wanted you to be at peace of mind, y’know.”

I couldn’t help but release a little chortle. “I don’t know how finding that one of my best friends has hydrokinesis is putting me at peace of mind, but whatever.” I reply, “But I understand, my life just basically hit the fan a week ago.” I sat down on the rocks.

He sits down with me, “Yeah.” He agreed.

For the next few hours, me and Carl did nothing but continue on with mindless innocent banter. Little did I know, this event will open my eyes to more opportunities.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the short chapter, but this here is here to establish a few things to come. Next time, we get back to Ryoko Shadow for a bit, so be excited for that.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment