• Published 3rd Dec 2017
  • 716 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Outside World. - New Fossil Studios



Today is the day that it all changes, today is the day I got a taste of the outside world, today is the day I met a boy, today is the day I helped my mother change her doubts of the outside world, and today is the day everything changes.

  • ...
 14
 716

The Tour And Reunion Part 1.

I looked on at the high school that was standing in front of me in all of its glory. To a normal person, this place must’ve been nothing new to them. But to me, it looked like paradise.

“C’mon honey, we need to hurry, we don’t want to keep Principal Celestia.” Mom urged, walking ahead of me.

I snapped out of my daydreaming and caught up to Mom, “So, Mom, what’d you tell ‘em when you sent my application?” I asked, not really wanting to explain my whole backstory to everyone I met.

Mom gave a hefty sigh, “I’m not sure about the students, but I’ve known Principal Celestia for a few years, she’s one of the few people who knew I had you, so she already knows everything.” She explained as we approached the school doors, “And knowing the type of woman she is, she most likely told all the students.” She predicted.

I nodded as I took a look at our surroundings, and despite my initial thoughts, this place was real empty, like I only saw a few students in the hall.

“Why is there so less students today?” I asked, my curiosity piquing.

“It’s the weekend Skystar.” Mom answered.

My eyebrow was raised at this information, “Why the hell am I being introduced to the school on the weekend? And why are there students here if it is a weekend?” I questioned.

She shrugs, “I don’t know, that’s just how they do things around here.” She guessed.

I shrugged, “Seems like this’ll be interesting…” I said, trailing off.

(A few minutes later)

We were in the principal’s office and Mom and Principal Celestia was chatting it off while me and Vice Principal Luna sat there in complete and utter silence. It was honestly maddening.

“So, what’s it like having an overprotective mother?” Luna asked, breaking the silence.

I was startled by her question and as a result, was late with my reply, “It’s a little hard to explain in great detail without gushing, so I’m sorry if this feels a little biased; I guess it’s just refreshing to know that someone is so loving towards you that they think of everything that can harm you, but at the same time, you feel like you’re being coddled like a baby, even when you’re completely capable of taking care of yourself.” I replied.

She nods, “I know how you feel, Tia herself is a little overprotective.” She admits, “One time when we were 10 years old, she used to sleep with me while she held a kitchen knife for a whole month.” She regails me in a hushed tone, holding back a chuckle, “The problem was that she moves a lot when she’s asleep.” She adds.

I struggled to keep myself from laughing, “What’s it like being a Vice Principal?” I asked.

She smiles, “It’s like being a Vice President but on a much smaller scale.” She answered simply.

I nodded, “I can imagine that.” I agreed.

She nods and we continued to nonchalantly talk about everything we could. It was honestly fun.

“Principal Celestia, you called?”

Me and Mom turned around to the newcomer’s voice and was greeted by a girl with light skin, red and yellow hair, and light emerald eyes. She wore a black leather jacket with orange stripes over top of a green dress and a yellow see through skirt, darkish blue jeans, and grey heel boots with the same orange stripe as her jacket.

Principal Celestia nodded, “Thanks for coming Sunset Shimmer.” She thanked, “I would like for you to take our newest student here, Skystar Robins, around the place.” She explained.

Sunset Shimmer nods and turns to me, “Hi, my name’s Sunset Shimmer, although you already knew that.” She introduced, holding her hand out to me.

I shook her hand and nodded, “And you know mine.” I replied, getting up from the chair with her help.

She nods again and takes a good look at me, “You got a pretty good taste in fashion.” She noted.

I smiled, “Thanks, and you do too.” I returned her compliment.

She smiles, “So, should we be going now?” She asked.

I nodded, “Sure, let’s get on with it.” I agreed as we were about to walk out the office.

“Sunset Shimmer?”

“Yes Mrs. Robins.” Sunset replies, both of us turning around to come face to face with my Mom.

She glared at Sunset with a very sinister looking glare, “If my daughter comes back to me in tears, so help me I’ll cut your tongue off with dentist utensils.” She warned in a frightening tone.

We both got chills down our spines as we bolted out the room without saying a word.

Once we were a good few feet away from the principal’s office, we began walking at a leisurely pace, catching our breaths.

It wasn’t long before Sunset broke the ice, “Was your mom serious?” She asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, but she was a surgeon before I was born, so I’d imagine she’d know how to do it, and she has done some pretty outwordly things before, such as the time she engraved a tattoo of a tank on a robber’s forehead with a nail because he almost shot me.” I replied, “So it’s best to stay on her good side.” I added.

She swallows her spit and begins searching for ways to carry the conversation, but every attempt she made was met with a iron wall dead end.

But all my senses were stolen from me and I immediately found myself plastered on a door in the hallway.

“It seems like they’re going at it again…” Sunset guessed, “You wanna see the Culinary Club first?” She asked.

I turned to her and nodded.

She chuckled and opened the door to the Culinary Club and my sense of smell was assaulted so horribly, it should be a crime.

And the scent was coming from the middle of the room where two teenagers stood at their stations. One was dark skinned with white hair and red eyes and was fairly tall, he wore a regular white chef outfit and was very lively with his cooking.

The other one on the other hand was a little bland, his movements were slow and lazy as if he lacked any conviction whatsoever. He even looked like he was a extremely lazy, with his black unkempt hair and light blue eyes with bangs under them, all he wore was a black sleeveless vest with matching pants and boots, he also had a red thing wrapped around his wrist.

“The one on the right is Hoshi Joichiro and the one on the left is Isshin Kurosaki.” Sunset informed me.

“Hey, Sunset!”

We turned our attention to the caller and it was a a light skinned girl with blonde hair tied into a ponytail by a red band, she had green eyes and was a bit taller than me. She wore a white apron that covered everything she wore down to her brown boots. But what it didn’t cover was the top of her chest, which left a little too less to the imagination.

Sunset shook hands with the girl, “Hey, Applejack, what’s going on?” She asked.

The now introduced Applejack shrugged, “Isshin challenged Hoshi to another cooking match.” She informed with a slight southern accent, “And you must be the new student, I’m Applejack Smith, the president of this here Culinary Club.” She introduced, handing me her hand.

I shook her hand, “Skystar Robins.” I introduced, “You said that Isshin challenged Hoshi to a match?” I asked.

She nodded.

I let go of her hand and turn to the two chefs, “I don’t see him winning with that kind of attitude.” I admitted.

Applejack chuckles, “Just wait and see Robins, Isshin’s about to unleash his true nature.” She assures.

And just as she finished her sentence, Isshin takes off the thing on his wrist and wraps it around his head, making a makeshift headband.

But the thing that made me nearly rocket out my skin was his near immediate attitude change. The moment Isshin put that headband on his head, he became a completely different person, changing from the lazy and unenergetic character he was to this monstrously wild beast.

He was cutting and crushing many lobster shells and handling other seafood with such grace that I could only dream of.

Applejack chuckles once more, “That’s the magic of Isshin, once he puts that headband on, he’s a totally different person.” She promises, “Even though I am the president of this club, both of their skills are the closest to me.” She admitted, “Well, at least in this club…” She trailed off.

“Done!” Both chefs spoke in unison as they presented a bowl of chili, one with noodles and one with rice.

“Well now we need a judge.” Hoshi said, and the moment that sentence left his mouth, everyone moved far away from the duo.

I raised my eyebrow, “Why is everyone afraid of tasting the food, from what I smelt, it smells delicious.” I questioned.

Applejack smirked, “Then why don’t you judge, it’ll surely knock you out of yer seat.” She assured.

I shrugged, “Okay, sure.” I agreed.

She pats me on the back and leads me to a seat in front of the table.

“Hoshi and Kurosaki, our new classmate, Skystar Robins will be the judge for today.” Applejack announced.

They both nodded, “But I can’t judge which one’s better if I don’t know which one belongs to which.” I stated.

Kurosaki, being very pissed off at this, shouts in rage, takes a permanent marker and rights his name on the bowl of chili with rice.

“Now eat it!” He demands in a frightening voice.

I momentarily shit my pants before picking up the chopsticks beside the bowl and start with Kurosaki’s chili and rice.

And the moment the chopsticks entered my mouth, I was assaulted with this heavy rich flavor.

“Holy shit that’s a strong flavor!” I exclaimed, “It’s almost as if I’m being punched in the face. The mollusks and shrimp give off a great savory taste and the crushed lobster shells give the chili a nice crunch and the chilly powder adds a nice spiciness to the mix.” I complimented, “And the blandness of the rice is great because the blandness gives a nice break from the heavy flavors!” I added.

Kurosaki nodded in agreement while wearing the biggest grin on his face.

I nodded to myself before taking a bit of Hoshi’s chili and noodles, and again, I was assaulted with a rush of flavors, although most of them was mostly lenient.

“Goddamn’t that’s good!” I exclaimed, “The chilli and paprika powder compliments the small pieces of beef and turkey in the chili, along with the corn, beans, and small bits of brown sugar mellows out the savory taste.” I observed, “You used cinnamon and horseradish, didn’t you?” I asked.

Hoshi nodded, “Cinnamon provides a sweet but spicy flavor and horseradish gives a very high kick to the sense of smell and taste.” He explained.

I nodded again, “And the blandness of the noodles are a breakaway from the flavors here too.” I said.

“Now which one’s better?!” Kurosaki asked.

I put the chopsticks down and thought very hard; both dishes were very good, but Kurosaki’s was very heavy in flavor and so was Hoshi’s, but Hoshi’s flavor was more lenient, and so the bland noodles helped the other flavors be more digestible than Kurosaki’s. After some long and hard thinking, I chose the victor of the match.

“Hoshi Joichiro wins.” I stated, “While both of you utilized the flavors you used to a magnificent degree, Hoshi’s lenient flavors combined with the blandness of the noodles made it easier to digest.” I explained.

Kurosaki’s face fell with anger and rage, “Joichiro, you win this time, but next time I’ll crush you!” He declares.

Hoshi only shrugs, “Save that for when you beat me Isshin.” He responded confidently.

“Alright Skystar, let’s get going before you’re forced to down a whole elephant.” Sunset urged.

“But what about the chili, we can’t let it go to waste?” I asked.

Applejack shrugged, “We’ll have it saved for tomorrow, that is if we haven’t already eaten it.” She said as she took the bowls to the rather large refrigerator and placed them there.

“C’mon Sky, the day’s still young but we got a long way to go.” She urged again.

I nodded, got up and followed Sunset out of the Culinary Club.

After catching up to her, I started conversation, “Those two seemed pretty interesting. I can already tell I’m gonna have a blast here!” I cheered.

Sunset chuckled, “Trust me, those two aren’t even the strangest thing that happens around here.” She replied.

Baffled by her response, I was about to question her when my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a song.

The song was a classical one, almost orchestral in nature, but no operas, nothing but a sole piano accompanied by nothing else. I turned to the source of the sound and it was coming from a door named “Classical Music Club”.

Even if a sole piano was the only thing I heard, I still recognized the song being played.

“O Fortuna.” I stated.

Sunset looks at me, puzzled, “O Fortuna?” She repeats.

I nod, “Yeah, O Fortuna, an old poem in the 13th century, turned into classical music by Carl Orff in 1935-1936.” I explained.

She smiles, “You really know your music.” She congratulates.

I shrugged, “Me and my mother used to watch all these movies and documentaries about classical music artist, such as Beethoven and Wolfgang.” I replied, approaching the door, “I wanna see what's in here.” I said.

Sunset nodded, “Well, c’mon, let’s go.” She agrees, opening the door, allowing the full force of the piano to hit me in the face.

And when we stepped in, I saw the pianist that was working the piano, and for some reason, I was hit with a strange sense of deja vu.

The long, messy ginger hair and the taller than usual stature beat my subconscious memory, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

And then the final pieces of the puzzle were placed when the pianist and the two girls around him started conversation.

“Very good Carl.” The one with long, kempt raven black hair praised.

“See, practice makes perfect.” The mint green haired one added.

“Thanks girls, guess a little practice was all I needed.” Carl spoke.

That voice. That voice. I know that voice.

“Carl?” I called out.

Carl turns around to see me, and my baby blue eyes and his blood red eyes meet, and I knew without a doubt that this was the kid I remembered was.

He looks at me bewildered, but still speaks, “Sky?” He asks, before his bewildered confusion became unbridled joy, “Sky, it really is you! HAHAHA! So good to see you again!”


To be continued…

Author's Note:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I left you guys on a cliffhanger... I'm so evil.