• Published 3rd Dec 2017
  • 722 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Outside World. - New Fossil Studios



Today is the day that it all changes, today is the day I got a taste of the outside world, today is the day I met a boy, today is the day I helped my mother change her doubts of the outside world, and today is the day everything changes.

  • ...
 14
 722

The Tour And Reunion Part 2.

There are many moments that feel so surreal, that even when the moment is confirmed to be real and not a dream, it still feels like a dream. And this surreal emotion is what was hitting me right now.

Carl had already hugged me and we were already telling each other how much we missed each other, but any and all sentences that came out of his mouth fell on deaf ears and a blank mind.

It has been so long since I last saw Carl. So, long. I couldn’t believe that we’d meet again in a place like this.

“So, I take it that you two know each other.” Sunset says, finally breaking me out of my trance.

We both nod, “We go way back.” Carl confirms, finally letting me go.

I nod, “Yeah, he was one of my only friends during kindergarten. We talked a lot and collaborated on a lot of projects.” I explained, “But one day, he stopped attending class, and on the last day, he stops by and messages me during class saying that we probably won’t see each other again.” I added, pain and loneliness seeping into my voice, “How could you leave us?” I ask.

Carl looks at me, his face becomes a short frown, but then turns to that trademark awkward smile he used to give me during class, “Some issues came up, me and my family started going around the country, and even to other countries for a while, so I started going to public schools.” He explains vaguely, “Sorry I couldn’t contact you the whole time, I just couldn’t find the time to.” He apologizes.

Now, this is the point where somebody would ask, ‘you really didn’t have the time to contact me at all in 9 years’ or some cliche bullshit response, but my few months with Carl told me when he gives you a vague answer, it means he’ll explain later, when you’re alone. And I give him the hardest, ‘you’ve got some explaining to do’ look I’ve ever given to anybody in my life.

And we stayed staring at each other, conveying a million and one emotions with just mere eye contact.

Until…

“Hey! We’re still here, y’know!”

We all turned to the voice, seeing that it was the mint green pony.

I smiled and approached her, “Sorry, the names Skystar Robins.” I introduced.

She happily shakes my hand, “Lyra Heartstrings, you’re the new student right? How do you like it here? Is it good? Did you make any friends? Did you meet Rover Bobson yet?” And she asked me many, many more questions.

I was a little bewildered and didn’t quite know how to respond, luckily the long-haired girl tapped her shoulder, forcing her to stop.

“Calm down Lyra, she hasn’t even been here for half a day, give her at least a week to adjust.” She scolded.

Lyra smiles, “Okay, a week.” She agrees.

The girl shakes her head and holds out her hand, “Sorry about that, she’s just happy to meet you.” She apologizes, “My name is Octavia Melody.” She introduces.

I chuckle and shake her hand, “Well, she’s definitely interesting.” I complimented.

Octavia nods, and was about to respond when Sunset interrupted.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but we only got a about an hour minutes before school ends today, and if we want to show you the whole school, then we need to get going now.” She urged.

I nod and start leaving out the Classical Musical Club, waving the musicians and my old friend goodbye, “See you later.” I said.

They all waved goodbye, and before I left the room, me and Carl locked eyes again, as if to tell each other that they will see each other again, and he will tell me what happened.

We started touring some more of the school, and the end of the tour ended at the gym, which I was a little more excited to see.

“Damn, this place is huge.” I praised.

Sunset chuckles, “You think this is big? You have to see the outside obstacle course.” She replies.

I turn to her, “Can we go see it?” I asked.

She nods and begins walking towards the doors. When we opened the door, I was greeted by the biggest high school obstacle course. Granted, it was the only high school obstacle course I’ve seen that wasn’t on television.

What I also saw was three girls, one with prismatic hair color, the other with gamboge hair, and the other with white hair, and they looked like they were ready to run.

“Iris, , Gilda, Hikari come meet the new student!” Sunset called.

The three girls turned to face us as we approached them.

Iris smiled and shook my hand, “Iris Dash, nice to meet you.” She introduced.

Then it was Hikari’s turn, “Hokori Hikari.” She introduces.

Gilda on the other hand, was a little more rude, and instead of shaking my hand like a normal person, she swats my hand away, “Gilda Gruff.” She introduces.

I raised an eyebrow, but otherwise let it slide, “So, you three about to race?” I ask.

Hikari nods, “Just a little warm up for when we go up against Crystal Prep in the next Friendship Games.” She explains.

I smile, “Mind if I join?” I questioned.

They all looked at me, Hikari and Iris stifle a chuckle, while Gilda began to laugh like no tomorrow, “You really think you can beat us in a race?!” She taunts while laughing in between words.

I shrug, “You’ve never saw me run before, so you don’t know what I can do.” I reply, “Unless you’re too chicken to accept a challenge.” I taunt right back.

Her head snaps at me the moment ‘chicken’ left my mouth and gets up, “Oh, you’re on!” She accepts my challenge, getting into a racing stance.

Hikari and Iris do the same while I gave Sunset my bag, “Mind watching this for me?” I requested.

She nods, “Sure.” She assures.

I join the three athletes on the track.

Sunset then stands in the middle of the four of us and raises her hand, “On your mark, get set, GO!”

And we’re off.

I’ll admit, at the beginning, I had a bit of trouble catching up, but once I got the hang of it, I was able to at least keep up with the other three.

“Hahaha! Need a break newbie?!” Gilda taunts.

I shrug, and to show of a bit, turn around and start running backwards, “I don’t know, you tell me!” I replied, and completely by instinct, began doing cartwheels and backflips, and other carnival tricks.

The three gazed upon my athleticism in awe.

“How are you able to do that?” Hikari asked when I finished my little carnival show.

I shrugged, “Years and years of practice.” I replied.

Iris and Gilda smile, before they begin to pick up the pace, eventually getting a few feet ahead of us.

Me and Hikari responded accordingly and picked up the pace, and just like before, was able to catch up with the two racing veterans.

And we continued to race, until we reached the finishing line, which took about 6 minutes at best.

We were all tired and sweating like crazy, my face was all red from the heat, did I mention it was like 67 degrees outside.

Sunset approaches us and gives me my bag, “That was close, but Gilda came out first.” She says.

Gilda cheers herself on, “Yes!” She celebrates.

Iris and Hikari were half fuming, “That’s because you’re freaking tall as hell!” Iris replied.

Gilda shakes her head, “It’s just that you’re short.” She taunts.

I was busy drinking a bottle of water and gave the three of them a bottle.

Gilda smiles, “You were pretty good, for a newbie.” She congratulates.

I shrugged, “Truth be told, this is the first race I’ve ever been in, the first time I really ran actually.” I reply.

She chuckles and slings an arm over me, “Well, for a first time, you sure gave me a run for my money.” She says.

I nod, and was about to reply when Sunset intervened again.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but the tour is over and we need to go.” She says.

I nod and began leaving back into the school, waving goodbye to the athletes.

The trip back to the Principal’s Office was uneventful, Sunset asked me how I liked the school so far, and I said that it was something I was definitely looking forward to attending for 4 years, and I was.

When we entered the Principal’s Office, we were met with Mom, Principal Celestia, and Vice-Principal Luna eating cookies and drinking tea.

Mom turned to me as we made ourselves known by a subtle cough, “You done with the tour already?” She asked, clearly not expecting an hour to go by so easily.


I nodded, “Yeah, this place is really cool.” I said.

P. Celestia chuckles and gives Mom a pamphlet, “Well I’m excited to have a new student here, and I think I speak for everyone when I say you’ll have a lot of fun here.” She says.

V.P Luna nods and they all hug.

“See you girls again soon.” Mom farwells, kissing them both on the cheek before breaking the hug.

P. Celestia and V.P Luna nod, “See you again Novo.” P. Celestia agrees.

I give Sunset Shimmer a hug, “See you tomorrow?” I ask.

She nods, “Yeah, can’t wait.” She assures before we let go.

Mom smiles and began leaving the Principal’s Office, “Come on honey, let’s go.” She says.

I follow Mom out the Principal’s Office, and eventually the school, all with one thought coursing through my head: I definitely made the right choice that night.

Author's Note:

I bit of a shorter chapter. Next chapter, Carl explains himself.

Also, Hokori Hikari is Lightning Dust. Hikari is Japanese is for 'light' and Hokori is 'dust' in Japanese, put them together and you get Light Dust in English.