• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 21,546 Views, 2,870 Comments

Humans Assemble! - Mistershield



When Equestria is in need of Heroes, only the Avengers will do. But they are stuck with this group. Now with a mini character guide.

  • ...
71
 2,870
 21,546

PreviousChapters Next
The Opposition

Chapter 9- The Opposition

"My King! You don't understand! These... these things were horrible!" A changeling spoke, his head lowered to the ground. behind this one, various other changelings had also been kneeling, their horns on the ground. The group was inside the Everfree Forest, deep under the cover of dark foilage and next to a mountain ridge. Not a single fire or torch was setup.

"Silence! How dare you fail me and your Queen?" The King of the Changelings spoke, proper name "Aurelius." Lets call him "Bob" because no one dares to actually speak his name. (Also, no one really cares.) King Bob was furious though. The King was tall, taller than the Queen was. Unlike the other changelings though, this monarch had indigo pigmitation in his eyes. Also, he was thicker built than the others. He had less hair than his Queen, but he had a thin mustache and and a soul patch that made him look like a bit of a douche.

(Should have named him King Douche.)

"But sir, he speak the truth! Twilight Sparkle supressed our powers. This allowed these strange creature to cut off the horns of our fellow spies!" Another changeling spoke, lifting his head up.

"Thier horns? But how is this possible? Describe these creatures to me," King Bob said. The large changeling relaxed to lay down on his make shift throne of a stone boulder.

"Yes sir. I managed to get a good look at the first one. He resembled a hairless ape, but at the same time- not one. His face was flat, like a flapjack. He should have had a snout or muzzle like the rest of us," The first Changeling said. "He had, clothes- but not common to Ponyville. They seem more appropiate to belong to the people of Applelooza. He possed powerful legs that could knock us off our feet with a single roundhouse kick!" The Changeling moved to stand, holding out a hoof.

"It was... strange sir. He called his legs "Law" and the other "Order." If I had to give him a description, it would have to be fearsome. It was as if he had two speeds, "walk" and then "kill." He cut off a horn with a single swing of his chin..."

"His what? Chin?" The King asked, lifting his head.

"Oh yes sir. The ape could walk on its hind legs perfectly. It used its front paws to throw "punches." But this one's chin lacked a magnificent beard like yours my king, but only another of its paws to throw another punch." King Bob closed his eyes, trying to picture what a changeling thought Nathan Drake looked like.

"Who else?" Asked King Bob, turning to look at another Changeling.

"Sir, I was going to attack Twilight Sparkle when I saw support from the air," another changeling spoke to stand up.

"A pegasus?" Bob said, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes, but also a giant white bat," the changeling said. The king raised his eyebrows. Was this one of the animals the one known as "Fluttershy" looked over? "But the amazing part sir, was that he was not a bat. The white bat shifted and changed forms into one of the hairless apes!"

"A traitor? In our midsts?" King Bob raised himself to stand, his voice bellowing.

"No sir, least, we didn't think so. At first, I tried to approach him to see if it was one of us, but then it proceeded to attack me," the Changeling said. It bent all four of its knees, afraid of the outburst. "Unlike the first ape, this one used more than one weapon. As I fought back, It managed to grab me with its front paws and hold me up to its face." The King raised both eyebrows, thinking to himself over the info. If this indeed was an ape, it would make sense it was that strong.

"As I stared into its small, beady eyes- he said "Talk! Tell me what you know!" I refused, trying to kick it from the air. But I could not get a good position to hurt him. I told him 'I swore I knew nothing.' He then brought me close to his face and narrowed its eyes. It shouted "Swear to me!" And then he threw me into the others. He drew out a lasso like Applejack uses, and then he said in a loud voice, "I am vengance! I am the night! I AM BAT-APE! Then he threw the lasso- and I swear my King this is true- He SAWED off a horn when it landed around my companion's horn and pulled to tighten it."

Various other changeling nodded at this, mumurs spreading. Clearly, the changelings either mixed up people, or they were making things up as to not appear as total cowards. Maybe even get their lives spared.

"Truly? What did it wear?" King Bob asked, a bit dubious.

"When he transformed into ape form, I saw a long, white cape. It was pretty cool, when he landed on the ground it did the whole spread out and flourish thing," The changeling said.

"I remember that," a voice said, coming from the changelings as they stood up. "It was pretty cool."

"Enough. Who was the other "apes but not?" King Bob asked. The two described would even give him a moment to hesitate to attack.

"A smaller ape, my King- We think it was a child, was riding one of the ponies. It was fearsome though. In its paws it carried the most beautiful thing I had ever seen," A changeling spoke. "It was an axe, but made from no metal I had ever witnessed. It shined against the light, and its color- Its color was a clear green with crystal white. The blades itself looked like the wings of a phoenix, spread out in all its might. The Ape itself was dressed in black and blue clothes, and it had a pink cape from its shoulders. It reminded me of a general riding a beast and leading its army into battle...."

"A general?" Bob asked.

"Yes my king. It clearly knew what it was doing. While the other apes attacked, this one kept riding the pony to and fro to prevent our escape. A brilliant tactic, it kept us disorganized and unable to focus our attacks on a single ape. One of our fallen underestimated its small size and tried to confront it, only to have the horn cut off with a snigle swing of its axe."

King Bob took a moment to pick that scene. A small ape, riding on a pony. Rare axe, and a keen mind. Clearly this fellow had a Napoleon complex.

"Then there was thier long range attacker.." A changeling said. This one moved to pull an ebony arrow out of the flank of another, making it flinch.

"Are you telling me these apes were not only this powerful, but also smart enough to plan attacks and assign positions?" Bob said. He lowered his head to inspect the black arrow.

"We think it was the weakest sir, for it never allowed us to get close. It would find a target and release an arrow. Quick. Accurate. And these arrows had magic on them," The one that had the arrow pulled out of it said.

"Magic you say..." King Bob lowered its head, his indigo eyes inspecting the tip. Indeed, he could feel a slight magical residue on it.

"My King, I felt horrible when it struck. Not only was their pain, but I also felt an intense chill enter my blood. At the same time, an intense shock to my system that prevented me from moving..."

"Not one, but two types of magic in a single shot?" The King asked.

"In every shot sir." A few nodded along with him.

"This is indeed a grave situation... These apes must have been hired by the weak and helpless Celestia as mercenaries," King Bob said. He decided to keep the arrow and study it later.

"There was one last ape warrior my lord," A changeling raised his head. The King nodded, letting this one speak.

"This one was clearly the post powerful. It was dressed in head to toe in the color blue, as if the skies itself were his to command. His own form radiated with a mystic light. All it had to do was point and magic unlike none we ever seen would be unleashed. His voice commanded power, all who heard it obeyed his will. Even his own allies obeyed his call when he comanded it," The changeling said. All the other Changelings quieted down to listen. One even shook its knees, making a whistle noise through the whole in its legs.

"He stood tall and noble, as if his own presence was enough authority to command all. A single finger point and I saw more than one of our comrades merely feel as if lighting was went through them." The Changeling said, shaking his head to the sides. "It proceeded with a dark and henious curse. It said we had no dreams, no hope, no chances, and even no life," the changeling added, his voice growing lower and lower. "For its final act, he shouted out, and a giant blast of fire emcopassed more than one of us. Its power was enough to knock several out cold- If they lived."

King Bob smirked. "This one sounds more like a god than ape," clearly not beliving the words said. There was just no way such a creature existed.

"My King... I fear it may have been." The Changeling shut both of its eyes. "And the Elements were there was well, also fighting. We stood no chance against these things. We were lucky to excape."

The Changeling King narrowed both indigo eyes and looked to the group. Either they were lying and just trying to cover themselves- Or these apes were this powerful. The arrow alone merited some proof.

"If this is true, then indeed, you did the right thing to escape. This news was more important than your loves," The King spoke, his voice low and deep. "This delay will no doubt set our plans back a long time. And all the trouble my Queen did to provide a distraction for us to come in this far..."

"My King!" A changling rushed forward, pushing through the group gathered.

"Yes, what is it?"

"That creature that resembles an ape! It is waking up!" The Changeling came to a stop, kneeling in front of Bob.

"Excellent! No one say anything to the not ape until I speak with him. We are going to interrogate him- or we are going to get him to join our side..." The King raised his head and laughed, making it echo against the walls of the ravine in the most evil of manner.

PreviousChapters Next