• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 21,545 Views, 2,870 Comments

Humans Assemble! - Mistershield



When Equestria is in need of Heroes, only the Avengers will do. But they are stuck with this group. Now with a mini character guide.

  • ...
71
 2,870
 21,545

PreviousChapters Next
Farewell to Arms

Chapter 77- Farewell to Arms


“WHAT?!”

Samurai Jack winced once, both eyes closed as he had to stop walking. Princess Luna sure had a very strong set of lungs.

“Where are they going?”

“Leave?”

“What the...”

“Are you mad?”

“Leggo!” Dan cried out, moving both arms to try and hold back Pinkie Pie from glomping him to the ground.

Toph and Vash, some of the few humanish champions that did not have such strong attachments to their partners, watched as ponies and humans converged, along with a lot of cries of confusion. Braeburn and Little Strongheart turned to look at each other and shrugged. Even some of the KND were hugging their partners to themselves, like Kuki.

“Shut it!” Toph cried out, moving her left leg to stomp the ground. She leaned forward, using both hands to lift up to the sky. All at once, pillars of earth begun to rise from the ground and surround the others. After a few startled gasps, the others quieted down at the display of power. Even those that went to Appleloosa had not seen Toph’s earthbending skills.

“Woah...” Nate added, finding himself on top of one of the pillars. Rarity herself had taken a step back and stay on the ground. Other ponies with strong earth attachments, like Pinkie, managed to stay balanced on the ground as the earth had shaken. Most of the humans had been elevated above the others. Only pegasi or partners hugging their humans managed to stay on the pillars.

“I was wondering how much of this you could take...” Sokka added, the only human not bothered by Toph’s powers.

“Look- A lot has happened, ok?” Toph said as he moved herself to stand straight. “Jack, right?” Toph turned her head in the direction of the Samurai. He was easy to find, his heartbeat was one of the most stable and healthy she’s ever heard in her life. “Explain.” Once the others settled down a bit, some of the humans started to jump down and land.

“Dan?” Jack turned his head to look at their commander. Dan released a sigh, nodding. The small human had an idea of where this was going now. “Very well. This concerns the newspaper article.”

“You mean this one?” Sokka asked, lifting his copy up. Now that he thought about it...

“Indeed, Sokka,” Jack added with a nod. “As it stands, we are in a war of multiple fronts now. Not only must we fight changelings and other humans- But we must also deal with the civil unrest these truths spread among the ponies.”

“Who is not on that list?” Phoenix asked, hearing about the article for the first time. Rainbow Dash landed at his side as Wally handed the former lawyer a copy.

“According to the list, only Jack, the children, Snape, The Doctor, the humans in Baltimare, Toph, and Vash are clear,” Dovahkiin said as he placed his master thief hood back on. “Even then, the fact that most of us are meat eaters may not sit well either.” He turned to look at the KND and frowned under his cowl. Now everyone knew he was a thief, though he had yet to steal from anyone in this realm. “Where did the bald guy go?”

“Yeah,” Nigel moved his right hand to hold his left elbow. “Not our finest moment, but we regret nothing. It was the truth, but not one of our finest moves. I bear full responsibility as the leader.”

“Shut it,” Dan added, turning to look at the kids with gritted teeth of a predator. “You’ll get yours later. Now- we got things to do.”

“I see...” Princess Celestia released a sigh. “As to preserve the good name of Equestria, we must distance ourselves from the-”

“Who the buck cares?!” Rainbow Dash shouted out. “If a pony has a problem with-” Rainbow found Phoenix’s hand moving to cover her face from the others.

“She’s right, Dashie,” Phoenix lowered the article and sighed. “And so is Jack. We can’t afford not to have the rest of the country against us in this. If the changelings find out, they could very well turn this in their favor.”

“If they haven’t already,” Snake replied as he moved to land on the ground from his pillar. “Propaganda campaigns are very effective in psychological warfare, and ponies as a group are very easily...”

“Yeah, I get it. Influenced. One song and we all go singing,” Rainbow Dash frowned. Still, she crossed both front hooves on her chest. One measly mug of cider turned her into a drooling mess. Best cider ever, but still one mug.

“As much as I don’t want to admit, it is the best move,” Prince Blueblood said with a sigh. It was nice, having someone around that didn’t want his wealth, prestige, or handsome looks “We must also deal with the Doctor’s and Otacon’s involvements as well.”

“Damn right,” Travis said as he moved to punch his knuckles together. First they killed Bishop in his world, and then they try to do it with his blood bro? Oh hell no.

“We must leave as well,” Princess Cadence added. “The fact that no one from the Crystal Kingdom has tried to contact us, means the culprit that stole the Heart did it stealthily or so fast that nopony noticed it was missing. We must get back and be ready to warn the crystal ponies.”

“What are we supposed to do then?” Rarity asked, walking ahead from Nate. “We still have the wargames to consider.”

“And once the changelings and Sombra realize that Smith no longer exists,” Merchant added. “They will be horrible consequences. Bad business practices, you know.”

“Bah!” Johnny Bravo moved both hands to the sides of his head. “All this thinking is making my handsome head hurt!”

“Crap, this is a lot to think about,” Soma thought out loud. “Any ideas?”

“The immediate concern first,” Twilight nodded as she looked around. “The issue of Roger Smith, I have an idea.” The ponies nodded, knowing Twilight was the best pony in this situation. “Rarity, is there a spell or a way for you to make Phoenix’s suit change color at will?”

“Yes, dear, but what will that do?” Rarity blinked twice, turning to look at the Element of Hope. “And he looks so awful in black...”

“We can use Phoenix, and say he is a political hostage. We can argue that at least this way we are on fair standing since they have the Crystal Heart,” Snape stepped next to Twilight. This was a plan that had already been thought of with the Doctor while they were in the library.

“Think it will work though?” Phoenix asked. “I’m not sure I can act like Roger anymore.”

“No one wants you to, Mr. Wright. But what choice do we have? We need time to handle this issues,” Snape answered as he studied over them all. Good, it seems they have calmed down since they were being serious. He then turned to look over at Samus. “The next thing we need to address is Baltimare.”

“Baltimare?” Samus asked. “But they said not to deploy there.”

“Another thing Phoenix and the others that will be staying have to take care of with the other side,” Twilight answered, her eyes closed halfway.

“I think it should be ok,” Jack said as he moved his right hand to his chin. “They did only say they wanted a show of force. Are they still in Baltimare though?”

“Let me check,” Princess Celestia said as she activate her crystal ball again.

________________________________

“Roger Smith?” Vegeta raised his left eyebrow. “Bah. He was the weakest of us all. Why do we care if he was missed? One Big Bang attack and I can blast them all to oblivion and be done with with it.”

“Because, Prince,” Xehanort frowned. “They could’ve found a way to reverse or undo the spell that brought us here. If they did, we would be sent back and die. Permanently.”

“Or they found a way to block my power...” Sombra said as he tried to relax himself. A lot of magic power had been used this last hour. “I’ve been blocked before, and if they can block me again, the wargames may have to be canceled.”

“Why are these wargames so important anyway?” Kefka asked as he rubbed his chin and floated. There better be a good reason to stop his fun. The Dark Brands had missed the explanation of the Crystal Heart’s importance.

“The Heart posses the power to spread emotion through the land. As you already know, crystals have a way to amplify or affect magic in different ways,” Sombra begun with his explanation. “Your own crystal were not picked at random either. The crystals you picked match your personalities and can help you. It’s why I decided for you all to select your own one.”

“Is that so...” Gilgamesh relaxed his eyes a little. He had been the one to select Roger’s crystal for him. Is that why they couldn’t get a viewing portal for him?

“Indeed. It could be because these crystals came from Canterlot underground caverns that Celestia was able to find a way to block them...” The dark unicorn frowned. “But there is no way that they could know you are using crystals, much less from Canterlot.”

“Back to the Heart,” Wesker moved to stand up straight, moving both hands to clean his clothes and put on his glasses.

“The Heart is, by itself, a legendary artifact. It’s why I had Vegeta steal it. However,” Sombra turned his head to look at the Crystal Heart. “You noticed how emotions are mentioned. Only the crystal ponies are able to use their power in conjunction with the crystal. And they can only project emotions.”

“And you changelings feed only on emotion,” Vegeta spoke up and crossed both arms on his chest. The most ridiculous aliens he’s ever encountered. “Let me guess. Only positive emotions, correct?”

“More or less. They can project positive emotions better. It’s hard to make them join together to send fear. I’ve tried, but breaking their spirits with slavery and subjugation made them...” Sombra smiled a bit, his red eyes spreading the dark hue blue whips a bit higher. “I thought I could spread fear through the land and make them easier to conquer.”

“A clever plan actually,” Vegeta complemented. So this Sombra was more than just a tactical genius. The others nodded, though reluctantly, they all had their way to do things. Kefka just wanted destruction. Wesker himself was going to use zombies as a fear method. Luthor wanted to command respect.

“Indeed. But the crystal ponies... Cannot think properly when in fear. While gathering them was fine, they-”

“They turned into sheeps. They hush up, and they did defy me, little to their credit. Either they wanted to spare the rest of Equestria, or they were unable to project together their collected fear.” Sombra shook his head to the sides. “And gathering them together merely gave them some comfort and a bit of hope.”

“And we changelings feed off love better than any other emotion. If we become citizens and live everyday lives as peaceful subjects,” Chrysalis smirked. “We could just feed from love directly from the air.”

“So, what you are saying is,” Wesker placed both hands behind his back. “If we kill the ponies of Canterlot, the ponies of the crystal place will not help.”

“True, we could still subjugate the ponies, but it is our last option,” Aurelius spoke up, walking next to his Queen. “But we are not true warriors like you are. The ponies do outnumber us. With their elements and their humans...”

“Ah... So this annex plan is just a ploy. You will take time to train, learn their ways and weaknesses. Then you will make your move. And if you lose these war games,” Gilgamesh responded. “You still gain a foothold in Equestria.”

“Now that you understand, we must make sure these wargames continue,” Chrysalis added. “Can you send another champion?”

“I’m afraid not. My magic still has limits,” Sombra added. “While my magic is based on darkness and very few can tap into this source of power...”

“There is hardly any darkness in this land,” Vegeta finished for him. While retrieving the Heart and in Baltimare, he had seen nothing but peace and rainbows.

“It needs more cowbell...” Sombra said under his breath.

They all turned to look at the dark unicorn, their eyebrows raised.

“What? I like music,” Sombra scoffed. He was still a pony, and music was something all ponies enjoyed.

“Can you send me?” Gilgamesh asked. The large man walked over to Sombra, moving his hands out. “You have yet to use my crystal as much as the others.”

“And risk losing another champion?” Imago added. “I’d advise against this.”

“What other options do we have at this point?” Luthor pointed out. “Letters? Crystals that can use two-way radios?”

“Uhh, what is a radio?” Sombra asked, looking around. At this point, even Vegeta slapped his own forehead. Only Kefka raised an eyebrow, not really sure what a radio was either.

Chrysalis rolled her eyebrows. If it wasn’t for Sombra’s champions and her king’s urging, she would have never asked for the unicorn’s help. “No, crystal balls are not an option, they would discover where our headquarters are.”

“It’s settled then,” Gilgamesh said as he stood up. He moved to grab hold of the gunblade and the excalibur to hold them at ready.

___________________________________

Zeke kept his arms crossed on his chest, looking left and right. Something was off... The Uber-whatever had worn off, and he was left more or less defenseless. Fancy Pants had left him there, going back to look for other wounded and also to retrieve the Amp. Still, Red Medic and Nurse Redheart continued to treat patients. That medigun was amazing.

“Something ze matter, Heavy?” Medic asked as he stopped and raised his gun up. Zeke made a lousy heavy, but it appeared he was much smarter than Red Heavy.

“I dunno...” The tinkerer said. He raised his head up to look around. “I think the fighting’s over.”

“Really?” Nurse Redheart asked. She blinked once, and looked around. The crowd of ponies had begun to disperse- The healthy ponies helped the wounded and other move away to bring the more heavily injured out. Even then, it seems that word got out and other hospitals were sending their injured here.

“It’s hard to tell, but I don't hear any sounds of fighting,” Zeke answered. There was still moans and wails, but this time there was also many thanks added in the commotion. “And stop calling me fat! I’m fluffy.”

“Hmm.” The Medic narrowed his eyes to look and listen as well. Used to the sounds and smells of battle, he toned out the ponies. “Battle iz indeed over.”

“Can I get a doctor?!” A voice called out. Zeke turned his head over and found Eddie and Iron Will. Eddie was carrying the minotaur's body with his left arm draped over his shoulders. Both looked like they’d been in a fight, but only Iron Will had splotches of red against his blue fur.

“Mr. Riggs? Mr. Will?” Redheart called out. She rushed over, moving her head up and down to inspect the visible damage.

“Iron Will’s fine! You should see the other... Umm... What was that thing?” Iron Will smirked for a moment, then raised his eyebrows in confusion. “Do humans glow like that guy?”

“Only in ze Twilight films,” Medic joked as he walked over to help them.

“Twilight Sparkle?” Redheart asked.

“You know what? Too long to explain, fraulein.”

“I see you are all alright,” A female voice called out. Kratos and Octavia walked over. For his part, Kratos was carrying a few ponies- well, dragging them by their tail.

“I found them en route here with your Amp,” Fancy called out. He was using his magic to levitate some passed out ponies.

“Uhh,” Eddie raised both eyebrows, looking at the ponies. “Are you doing the caveman thing? Bonking your harem and dragging them home?”

“They were injured. I carry them like this in case I need to fight,” Kratos sneered at Eddie. He released them, letting them lay on the ground. “So I was not the only one in combat.”

“Hey guys!”

They all stopped, turning to look at the sky as Barry descended down on them. Caramel was in his arms.

“Dude! When did you get a jetpack?!” Zeke cried out. “I mean, sure it shoots rainbows, but it’s a damn jetpack!”

“SSSSHHHH!” Nurse called out. “We got injured here!”

“Oh, well excuuuuuuuse me, princess!” Zeke called out. “Alright. I guess we need to talk.”

_________________________________

Gilgamesh stood outside Canterlot castle, presumably the same spot Smith had arrived on. He raised his head out from his scarf and sniffed the air. No smell of blood, and no sounds of battle. The kabuki warrior placed the weapons away on his back since there was no sign of fighting or danger. He moved his gaze up, looking at the castle.

“Hmph. Seen one castle, seen them all,” He said in a low voice. He begun to walk up the steps slowly. Unfortunately, he could not relay info back. Since it was his crystal being used for communications, Sombra had to conserve power by limiting the magic used.

“Excuse me, sir?”

“A voice?” Gilgamesh stopped walking, looking around.

“Down here, sir,” Mobile Guard spoke up. He was a pegasus soldier, one of the Celestia’s troops. His cutie mark was covered by his armor.

“Ah.” The weapon collector looked down, getting his first live view of a pony. This small horse had eyes the size of saucer plates. His mane was blue, and his coat white. In some weird way, it reminded him of his homelands. “You are?”

“Are you here as a representative of Sombra?” Mobile asked.

“Ah. You expected someone. Very well, I am. Take me to Roger Smith. But be warned, you will be the first to spill blood if he is injured.”

Mobile swallowed once, hard. “Your name to announce you?” This human was the tallest one he’d seen yet, not to mention his huge physique. Both of the pegasus’ knees shook a bit.

“I am Gilgamesh...” The rift jumper replied. He debated saying more, but time was of the essence.

“Follow me, please,” Mobile answered. He turned around, leading the large human through the side to the gardens. The weapon hunter nodded, and begun to walk behind the tiny pegasus. In a few minutes, the white eyed warrior came to a stop. There was a few humans, only a few he could count. They all stood with a few ponies, looking over at a figure in black. Princess Celestia picked up her head, turning to look over at the two arriving.

“Now presenting, Gilgamesh. Envoy of Sombra,” Mobile said, glad he was with the others. Say what you will about the humans- but they were strong enough to fight back. The ones remaining were Dan and Pinkie, Dovahkiin and Applejack, Soma and Fluttershy, Nate and Rarity, and finally Spy and Rainbow Dash. Spy used his disguise kit to change himself into Phoenix Wright.

“Gilgamesh?” Phoenix dressed in black called out. The former lawyer turned his head, looking over with both eyebrows raised. He was dressed in his black suit, though his shades and gloves were off. Some make-up was used to decorate his face with a paler tone and the Darkbrand on his forehead.

“Roger Smith!” Gilgamesh smiled, the grin peeking out from the top of his red scarf. Without hesitation, the large fellow walked over to Phoenix and gave him a hug. “It does me well to see you fine.”

“Ow ow ow!” Phoenix called out, cringing in pain but a small smile on his face. The former Roger Smith could remember everything that happened when he was Discorded. “I’m glad to see you too.”

For his part, Gilgamesh was a very lonely being. For most of his life, he spent traveling the void for what seemed like an eternity, making very little friends or rivals. When he did make a friend, he made it to a point to not ever forget them. Rainbow Dash looked ready to tackle the big guy, but Spy held her back. But now, Gilgamesh frowned after a moment and set Phoenix down.

“What’s wrong, Gilgamesh?” Phoenix asked, glad it was him sent and not one of the others. They really lucked out- Had it been one of the others, they could probably see through the farce.

“Get ready to leave,” Gilgamesh spoke in a low voice. Once more, the warrior drew his arms back to take out a spear and a sword. “I’m taking you back!”

“Please, there’s is no need for-”

“Enough banter! I’m taking my comrade back now!” The warrior interrupted Celestia. She took a few steps back in response. That fellow in red had a very powerful aura, one that could very well rival her own. But she was more taken aback by his white eyes. The sun guider saw a great sadness in them.

“But Gilgamesh,” Phoenix called out. “I agreed to stay.”

“What?! Do you jest?!” The general turned his head, looking down at his friend. Both weapons lowered a bit, though the other humans had taken a defensive stance. Mobile Guard quickly took off.

“It’s true. I agreed to stay as a hostage. Our side has the heart, so to make things fair they asked I stay as their hostage.” Phoenix moved over to the Darkbrand and moved his left hand out to make him lower both weapons. “It’s only fair.”

“Truly?”

“Yes, It is as the negotiator speaks,” Princess Celestia stepped in. “Your side has made many demands of us. It is only right we make some of our own.”

“Hmph! You are not in the wrong,” Gilgamesh admitted. He released a sigh and placed his weapons away. Surprised by the other humans were not saying anything, he turned to inspect them. Just as Otacon’s notes suggested. Even the fellow in blue... Looked a lot like Roger. “Any other demands then?”

“No, Gilgamesh. Just that we be allowed to help the ponies in Baltimare now that the show is over, and that we have the war games in the day after tomorrow, bright and early, at 10 am.” Phoenix said. He had to fight back from frowning, as Roger Smith was a professional. But the former lawyer really did like Gilgamesh.

“...” Gilgamesh turned his head away from the humans and back to Roger. “What stops you from leaving?”

“They placed a ward on me,” Phoenix moved his left hand up, showing off a defense lawyer’s badge on his lapel. It was a red heart, that really contrasted against his black and white clothes. “It seals my connection away thanks to the powerful magic in this land.”

“I shall relay the information then. Here.” He stopped talking, handing Phoenix a green quartz crystal. “Use this when you want to contact us. One of us will be sent to speak.” As he spoke, the green crystal begun to glow. “But I promise this...” Gilgamesh turned his head to look over at Princess Celestia. “If any harms falls on Roger Smith- I, Gilgamesh!” He stood up on one leg, and let his free leg fall on the ground with a loud thump. “Shall make you all pay!” He drew his arms to his sides, making fists as he concentrated his battle aura. While nowhere near Vegeta’s level, he did make his form glow with a blue-white aura that made the earth shake.

With that said, Gilgamesh vanished as a dark purple haze formed around his shoulders and then around his body. The small crowd looked around a few times, wondering what happened. Was that a result from the big guy himself? The green crystal used was on the ground, ready for someone to pick it up.

“I’m sorry, Gilgamesh,” Phoenix called out as the magic used to disguise himself was deactivated.

“Holy crap!” Nate exclaimed, moving his left hand to rub the side of his head. “That was almost on par, if not stronger, than Phoenix in turnabout!”

“And did you see his eyes of white? That was unnerving to say the least,” Rarity added. She shook a bit.

“But at the same time... He wasn’t really evil, was he?” Rainbow Dash walked over to Phoenix. Spy deactivated his disguise to turn back in his old self.

“No. He was the one guy in that whole group that I liked,” Phoenix smiled, looking back at Rainbow. His left hand moved to pat her head. “I feel sorry he has to work for Sombra.”

“That poor man looked so lonely,” Princess Celestia said with a nod.

“That hug was from a pony that was so glad that his friend was alive,” Fluttershy added. “Even Harry the bear couldn’t give hugs that strong.”

“Enough!” Dan called out. He released a sigh and moved a hand to rub his eyes. The last thing he needed was his side to feel sorry for the enemy. “We have to move on. Thanks to the show, Sombra doesn’t know how many of us we are. Or that Otacon is involved.”

“But...” Pinkie Pie felt her mane deflate a bit. “That means you have to go.”

“That’s right, Pinkie. Even those not on the list still have to answer for being dead and eating meat,” Dan tried to reason with Pinkie. The other human champions begun to march out of the castle’s side entrance with their partners in tow.

“Is this the best decision?” Terra asked as she floated next to Vergil.

“A human stole their precious little heart. I don’t think the crystal ponies will take kindly to us,” Vergil replied. Shining Armor and Cadence stood next to each other, looking sadly as their partners marched towards the landing pad.

“It’s time,” Phoenix said, now that his part was done. He turned his back to Rainbow Dash, eyes closed. “We’ll be back.”

“Just go already!” Rainbow Dash said as she turned her own back. It just wasn’t fair! It was just when she got Nix back.

“As always, stay alert. Dismissed!” Number One called out. He saluted the ponies, as his own troops stood in line with them. “Cadet Applebloom, you’re in charge!”

For her part, Applebloom stood up to salute them all. She wasn’t sad, they were coming back! Hopefully... Kuki gave Rumble one last hug. Wally smiled a bit, bumping his fist with Scootaloo’s hoof. Abigail took off her hat and placed it on Pipsqueak’s head.

“Yarr, tis a sad day...” The little colt sighed. Sweetie Belle walked up to Nigel and jumped up to place a kiss on his shiny head. Number One blushed a bit, but let it happened before he begun to walk away and follow the adults.

“You stay with your family now. Don’t worry about us,” Samus said with a smile. Big Mac nodded, though he couldn’t stop his bottom lip from quivering a bit. “Aww...” Samus leaned in, giving Big Mac a hug. “There’s still some time. I have to drop off Braeburn and Little Strongheart first.”

“Do you remember the plan?” Otacon asked Twilight. The engineer was on his left knee, moving a hand to rub her mane.

“Of course, assuming that they agree to our terms. If something happens, we will notify you via Crystal Ball.” The purple unicorn leaned in, giving Otacon a hug.

“Alright then. Here, take this,” Merchant Pasta said. He moved his left hand into his jacket and pulled out the deeds of the properties of Ponyville.

“Merchant?” Junebug asked, lifting her eyebrows up.

“Something tells me they may not want humans owning land. If they do, only give them back the land if they agree to pay me back. If they don't want them back...” Merchant shrugged. “They are still ours.”

“Ours? But you bought them with your own-”

“Shh,” Merchant moved a bony finger on her lips. “A good business partner always has a backup. Hmm?” He smiled under his scarf and then turned away to walk.

“Do you remember you lessons Spike?” Jack asked the dragon.

“I won’t forget! By my own Dragon Code!” Spike saluted the samurai. Jack chuckled, and took off his straw hat to place it on the toddler’s head.

“Here,” Johnny said. He held out a black comb to Prince Blueblood.

“But, Johnny, I-”

“No, no! It’s hard enough as it is for us handsome guys. Just take it,” Johnny said before he started to cry like a baby.

“But Johnny, I already have a lot of...” Blueblood moved his hooves around Johnny. Both hugged each other as they started to cry.

“Just like babies,” Spy said under his breath. He turned to Zecora and smiled. “Mon petite fleur... Take care.” Goodbyes had to be short, because long tearful farewells made them seem like they would never be seen again. Zecora nodded. Now did not seem the time to rhyme.

“Make sure you get plenty to eat. And make sure to dress warmly. And don’t-”

“Yes, mom,” Soma rolled his eyes to chuckle at Fluttershy. “I am an adult. We won’t be gone for more than a day or so...” The teen said with a smile. He leaned down, placing a kiss on her pink mane. This made Fluttershy blush a bit. But only for a bit, before she moved both hooves up to grab the sides of Soma’s face and place a kiss on his lips.

“Woah. No, mom, I know kisses like that...” Nate joked. He placed his hands inside his pant pockets, turning to Rarity. “So I guess this is- Woah!” A jumping tackle from Rarity knocked the treasure hunter on his back so she could have her way with his lips.

“Get a room!” Sokka called out, laughing a bit. “Oh man, I am so funny!” Derpy chuckled alongside him. “Take care of Dinky, ok?”

“As long as Wang Fire returns,” Derpy said under a blushing smile. Sokka’s eyebrows shot up, and he quickly took off.

“What’s going on?” Toph asked. “All I hear are heartbeats beating rapidly.” Little Strongheart lowered her head, blushing a bit. “Uhh... People and ponies are just saying goodbye.”

“Is that it? I was never into the mushy stuff. Take care, ok, Strongheart?” Toph said with a smile.

“See you real soon, Toph!” Little replied, quickly turning her back on the smooching.

“One gay comment outta you...” Vash warned.

“Oh relax. Samus’ gotta pick up Cooking Mama too. Ya’ll come back soon, ya hear?” Braeburn chuckled as he walked with Vash.

“I must take my leave,” Sephiroth bowed to Lyra. The minty unicorn sighed.

“Just take care of yourself,” Lyra replied.Sephiroth replied with a bow, taking her left hoof up into both hands to place a kiss on it. She shivered a little inside.

“Trixie, about my family matters...” Snake moved a hand behind his neck. It was such a long story.

“Save it. Trixie is not in the mood,” She replied as she turned her back on him. Snake shut both eyes and then turned around to walk away. The unicorn mare lowered her head, hiding her face behind her large brimmed hat.

“Leggo, Pinkie Pie!” Dan tried to pry her off her vice like hug with a crowbar.

“But I don’t want you to go!” Pinkie cried into his chest.

“Damn, she’s strong,” Ash said as he used his prosthetic hand to help Dan out. “Look, take care of the Mayor for me, ok?” Pinkie frowned a second, but then turned to look at the Mayor Mare. The earth pony blinked once, caught off guard. Getting the idea, she moved a hoof to her forehead.

“Oh, woe is me! I will be so sad without Ash by my side!” Mare said. Glad the Mayor caught wind, Ash picked off Dan and ran off as Pinkie tried to cheer up the mare.

“We have to go as well, Severus,” Distant said.

“Where are we going?” Snape raised an eyebrow.

“It’s time I return to being Discord.” He replied, leading the wizard back into the castle.

“Cherilee, you know I’m not really good with words,” Ralf said, moving both arms to cross on his chest. “I will miss you though.”

“Oh, where’s the macho cool guy that is supposed to walk off without saying anything?” Cheerilee chided him. He moved down to give her a hug and chuckle. She leaned up to place a kiss on his lucky headband.

“We can still talk in dreams, right?” Travis asked, his left hand petting Luna’s muzzle.

When you walk away, you don’t hear me say...” Luna begun to sing. Everyone picked up their heads, turning to look at the singing princess.

Please, oh baby, don’t go.

Simple and clean,

Is the way you make me feel tonight.

It’s hard to let go...

Travis had to pick up his eyebrows, moving his hand back from her. Caught off guard by her singing, he shut both eyes and nodded. Right hand up to his face, he adjusted his sunglasses on to walk as she sang.

This left only Applejack and the Dovahkiin behind.

“Applejack.”

“Dovahkiin. Or should Ah say, Jokull?” Applejack said, her head lowered to hide her face.

“Have I stolen anything from Ponyville?” The dragonborn asked, moving his right hand to place his hood back on.

“Not that Ah know of. But that don’t make this right...” She added under her breath.

“I- I know that. I’m not asking you to forgive me,” He raised his head up to look at the others waiting.

“Then what are ya?” Applejack asked, lifting her own head up.

“Thief I may be. But liar I am not,” Dovahkiin said with a sigh. “I do love you.”

“Aww... That’s not fair. Confound it,” The Element of Honesty sighed. She picked up her head, narrowing her eyes at him. The Element of Resolve tilted his head to the side, noticing her eyes were a bit watered. “Why didn’t ya just tell us all?”

“Did you know that before I found out I was the Dovahkiin, I was a farmer?” He asked.

“Yer... Really?” She asked, her eyes relaxing.

“Indeed, before fighting for the hope of all Skyrim, I was a wheat farmer. No one in my land cared what I was before I became a hero to the world,” Dovahkiin said his tale. “Does what I do matter what I was until you met me?”

“Ah... I...” Applejack sighed, closing her eyes. How were things in Equestria so clear cut, while the world of humans had so many shades of gray? “Lean down.”

“What?” Dovahkiin asked, lifting his eyebrows.

“Just kneel already!” Applejack called out. She moved into her side, and put on her necklace of Honesty.

“Now? Am I forgiven?” Dovahkiin asked, moving to kneel on both legs.

“Maybe. But Ah’ll do this because I do believe in ya.” Applejack smiled. She took a step back, and focused on her Element.

“Even thieves believe in me,” Dovahkiin grinned as a beam struck him on his chest. Unlike the others though, neither of them floated in the air. Each one simply was surrounded in a glow of green light.

Chapter proofreaded by LyonAzakura.

Edited by Holy Macintosh

Bonus:

“Just like Master Yen Sid said,” Riku replied as he looked at the tear in space. He was inside a dark colored suit of metal, riding on some sort of space bike.

“Yep. King Mickey was right,” Sora replied from inside his Gummi ship. “This tear was somehow spilling things from other realms into this one.”

They were both looking at a hole looking over the planet Equestria was in. Caused by Twilight, of all ponies, when she casted the champion summon the first time. Each one of the Keyblade users pointed their weapons to the tear and fired. A light from each one moved to the tear, repairing it to seal it off.

“How or what made this thing?” Riku asked. “This is like nothing from our past sealing of the other worlds. Least it’s sealed from this end.”

“Dunno. Looks like we have to find out more before we use the Keyblades on the other end,” Sora answered with both hands behind his head.

“Let’s say we seal this!” Riku replied in a pumped up voice. “You want to go planetside, or should I?”

Author's Note:

Let's see...

Dovahkiin's brand is from Blazblue, the emblem of Bang Shishigami.

So... Sora or Riku. Decisions, decisions.

PreviousChapters Next