• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 21,539 Views, 2,870 Comments

Humans Assemble! - Mistershield



When Equestria is in need of Heroes, only the Avengers will do. But they are stuck with this group. Now with a mini character guide.

  • ...
71
 2,870
 21,539

PreviousChapters Next
Mares Assemble

Chapter 36- Mares Assemble


When the doors of the barn had been closed, the Equestrians walked over to the bleachers set up from the tournament from yesterday. With all of the excitement, no one had a chance to clean them up. Even then though, it was not so messy. A lot of the food sold was eaten, so the litter was mostly thrown away properly. For Zecora, this was her first time on the Apple’s Farm to look around. The sun was bright, and while the temperature was higher than the zebra was used to, it was still pleasant.

Cherilee walked to the front of the bleachers, letting her fellow ponies walk out to sit on the bleachers. Applejack, Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Pinkie all sat on the front. On the next row, Zecora, Derpy, Lyra, and Mayor Mare. Trixie opted to go to a tier above them. Perfect view for her. Princess Luna walked over to the front with the school teacher and sit to look ahead as the rest walked over to sit on the next tier of seats. Princess Luna nodded to Cherilee, who had wanted this meeting in the first place.

Applejack turned to look for her brother, wondering where he was. Rarity raised her eyebrows a bit, half expecting her Spikey Wikey to be around to take notes. Still, they said nothing. It felt more appropriate no guys were around for a true mare’s talk.

“Alright, I mostly came for this meeting for three reasons. One, what is wrong with us? I mean, really- It’s like some of us are almost possessive of our human counterparts..” Cherilee said, looking around at the others. The main reason she said this though, was because of Princess Luna. It was almost unbecoming of royalty to hug Travis like that. Princess Luna lowered her head a bit and blushed, knowing she was probably one of the culprits. Zecora and Trixie also picked up their heads. The others had been acting odd as well?

“Second, who are these humans really? I mean, I know they mean well- But how far can we trust them? I like Ralf, he is a true sweetheart- But that fellow is more than capable of bringing ruin to us all. And I trust the Elements of Harmony and also Princess Luna, and even you Mayor Mare.” Cherilee nodded her head, making sure she got the authority ponies. Mayor nodded, glad to have some acknowledgements. “I think we would all feel better if we knew about the other humans than just our partners.” Twilight nodded at this, the Mane 6 were the only ones that had more experiences with humans than the others.

“And lastly, are the humans going to stay? Will they go away when this is all said and done?” Cherilee asked, frowning a bit. She said the only thing that they all didn’t want to acknowledge. She could only guess that was the reason Princess Luna had been acting so strange. The thought of Ralf leaving scared her as well. That last question made a few of the mares lift their ears up. That thought never occurred to them. A few murmurs begun to spread among the females.

“No way! Dan is staying no matter what!”

“Leave? You mean Soma and the others can’t stay?”

“Nathan? Leave? Must he?”

“I don’t think Sephiroth could leave.”

“Phoenix already came back twice. Is that so bad?”

“I will have to teach Sokka how to make more muffins!”

That last statement made them all stop to look at Derpy. The gray pony merely looked around at the others. For once, her eyes did not roll in her head. “What? If he has to go, I want to teach him something important!” She frowned a bit, refusing to feel sad. At least she could pass something on. No muffins in Sokka’s homeland? The horror!


“Alright, alright everypony! One thing at a time!” Mayor Mare said, lifting herself to stand from her seat. “Twilight? Maybe you can add something to Cherilee’s first concern?” Along with the gray mane pony, all the others turned to look at Twilight. She nodded, moving to stand up and walk over to take Cherilee’s spot. The teacher in turn walked over to sit down.

“Well, this is something that we have not told the humans, but its not like it was a secret,” Twilight started to say to look at the others. Princess Luna nodded, ready to help explain things. She already knew the truth about the champions. “We just never had a chance to explain it yet, and I was hoping to once we all were in a meeting together. As you know, they are our partners, knights, champions, whatever word you want to use.” While some of mares nodded, Zecora folded her ears back a bit. Ponies? Seemed to fit the way champions were being picked. But Spike, Big Macintosh, and herself? They seemed to be the odd ducks.

“But the truth is, we also serve a purpose. Yes, they were called here to be heroes. But they need something to stay attached to this realm. If you have noticed, many of the humans look like they do not belong in the same time or place as each other.” Princess Luna said, moving to stand. “Surely you seen how Jack is dressed in a robe of white, or how Blue Spy speaks with an accent. These humans were called from all walks of life, times, and experiences. We are the anchors keeping them assigned to Equestria.”

“Anchors?” Applejack asked, lowering her eyebrows. Nautical terms were lost on a lot of them.

“Yes, anchors. Or rather, think of the humans as kites. They can fly high and look pretty, but without a pony down to hold them down, they can’t fly,” Twilight said. “If you noticed, some humans need us in order to show their true potential. Like how Phoenix and Dan got their cutie marks from us.”

“It is the same case for Sir Travis. He is unable to use his more powerful attacks without me to let him activate them,” The moon princess said.

“So, what you’re saying... If something happens to us, the humans can go back home?” Lyra asked, lifting her right eyebrow. So if Sephiroth would harm her, he could go back home? That idea did not sit well with her.

“Another reason we did not want to tell the humans yet. We wanted to make sure they would not bring harm to one of our subjects,” Princess Luna said. Cherilee closed her eyes and lowered her ears down. Although she was the one that brought out the points in the meeting, she did not want to make poor Ralf work for their behalf. While a soldier, he had proven himself to show chivalry, sportsmanship, and a nice smile. He did not deserve to fight in a war he had no business with. Rainbow Dash turned to look at Fluttershy, making sure she was ok. Fluttershy would be the type to do anything for a friend to get them back home.

“Going back to being the um.. Anchors? Yes. Is that the only reason we are acting strange?” Trixie asked. She didn’t feel like she was acting weird. Just that she finally started to question if she wanted a special somepony in her life.

“We are not sure just yet. I think another major factor is why they were picked to be our partners. You all know how the Elements of Harmony sort of picked with Element of Change. I think its also has to do with our natural personalities. You know, how opposites can attract?” Twilight Sparkle said, motioning to Pinkie Pie. A lot of them nodded, clearly most of them had heard of how Pinkie was engaged to Dan.

Lyra blinked once, taking a second to think. She had wanted a human in her life, any human in fact. She wondered why exactly it was Sephiroth was the one she was matched with. She would have to make sure to find out more about Sephiroth, and clearly without Bon Bon around. Some of the others looked like they did make a cute couple with the others. Soma and Fluttershy were just too cute! The yellow pegasus did need somepony in her life.

“Alright, the next point Cherilee brought up. It was another reason we asked to bond with the humans,” Twilight continued. “Yes, we did need to know if the humans were dangerous. But primarily, it was to introduce the humans to the rest of us. We had already done this with the Elements of Change. So now, one by one, we will go over how our bonding time went, and our opinions of them. Princess Luna, if you would go first?” The purple unicorn took a few steps back to let the night alicorn go first.

“Ah. Well, I suppose so,” Luna said, picking up her head to stand straight. She had not expected to go first, but then again her actions before with Sir Travis was a bit aggressive. “As you know, I rule the night. Because of that, I have dominion over certain aspects, such as dreams. I felt that if I entered Travis’ dreams, we could relate on easier terms, and also I could read him better.” Fluttershy picked up her head quickly, looking at Luna. Dreams?

“I transformed into a human in his dream, so he would be able to relate better to me. As it turns out, all he wanted was for me to sing to him.” Rarity had her mouth open, shocked. Is that all? They way Travis was acting around Luna... One would think he wanted only one thing out of her. Really? Just, sing? “He looked so happy..” The princess said, smiling to look away. “Sure, I had to wear a strange costume, but I assume it was standard for humans. While I did not learn much about his past, I did learn something about his personality.”

“So, what did you think about him?” Twilight asked. She was honestly surprised. Singing? All the ponies in town liked to sing. She inwardly scolded herself. Instead of asking what interests Otacon had, she went straight for physical contact. Maybe if she had not skipped a step, she would have have not embarrassed herself yesterday. Fluttershy smiled. Of course! Singing! She loved to sing, and her birds too. Surely Soma would like that.

“Well, Sir Travis... He is an assassin by trade,” Luna said. She should not hold back for his sake. He was certainly showed no signs of being uncomfortable stating he was an assassin. A lot of the ponies perked up their ears. A lot of them had no idea what that was. Murder was almost unheard of. “But, it is not how he defines himself. He is gruff with a certain tough exterior, but inside he is sensitive and kind. The man has suffered a bit in life, and he certainly only has one thing on his mind.” She stopped there, smiling with her eyes closed. “But it does not stop him from doing the right thing. Often, he has shown mercy.”

“Alright. I will go next,” Twilight said. Mental note: Look up assassin. “Dr. Otacon is smart, possibly the smartest of the human I have seen at least. He can read books quickly, and his expertise over science is beyond even mine.” Rainbow Dash gasped a bit. Twilight was the biggest egghead she knew, and she was admitting Otacon was smarter? Was that possible? “To bond, we spoke a bit about his adventures, and he patted my mane.”

“How good did that feel?” Rainbow Dash quickly teased her friend. “Was that good or what?”

“Yes, you were right Dash. It felt, really really good,” Twilight said, closing her eyes to remember the sensation of her horn. She stayed quiet, wishing she had more. The others looked at each other, wondering why Twilight fell silent. Trixie made a mental note to ask Twilight about this later. She had suspicions that Otacon had touched her horn.

“Ergh... Twi?” Applejack asked, lifting his eyebrows.

“Hm? Oh yes, sorry...” Twilight said, quickly shook her head to the sides and open her eyes. “My opinion. He’s smart and resourceful. He’s kind and although he does not look it, he’s brave. In the lines of battle he has helped his friend Snake and innocents from danger.” Trixie smiled and nodded, she hoped to call Otacon friend and savior. So far Twilight was right. “He’s also gentle, but not a fighter. But his planning may even be better than Dan.”

“I doubt that!” Pinkie Pie said, crossing her hooves on her chest.

“Sorry Pinkie, its just my opinion. I only got to spend one night with him, so I am hoping to learn more. Even then, I spent time with Spike and Jack.” The purple unicorn nodded, turning to look for her assistant. May as well let Spike talk... and her assistant was nowhere around. She blinked once. “Where’s Spike?”

“I think I saw him go into the barn, along with Big Macintosh,” Trixie said. Since he had taken the rear, she managed to spot the two males join the other humans.

“Well, I suppose its fine. I can tell you a little about Jack then. I am sure they just needed Spike to take notes and Big Macintosh for any needs. They probably just wanted us to have no interruptions.” Twilight reasoned. Still, she wished Spike had told her before going. But knowing Dan, the dragon most likely had no chance. “Well, Jack is a warrior, and he is very quiet. From what he said about his adventures though- He is clearly even more powerful than Soma and Dovahkiin.”

“No way!” Applejack said, frowning.

“I don’t think so, but you are entitled to your opinion,” Fluttershy said, frowning a bit. She was this close to give Twilight the Stare. Really? Jack better than Soma? All he had was a sword and a dress.

“Please, hear me out. Jack fought an evil demon, one no one else could beat. His sword is made from metal that fell from the sky. But in any case, he is smart, but not an intellectual. There is not much I can say, but I do know he does possess a heart of a true scholar. He always learns, and shows signs of being a philosopher, least, by how he talks. He also knows more than one language.” That made Zecora perk her ears. Maybe Jack could teach her the language Spy knew.

“Guess Ah’m next. Dovahkiin is the better fighter,” Applejack said, looking at Twilight as she sat back down. Twilight frowned a bit, wondering why her friends were acting so insulted. “Lets see now... Bond. Right.” She shook her head to the sides. May as well be honest. “Yesterday had the house all to ourselves. We talked, and he pet my mane. You girls weren’t kidding, feels tons more better than brushing,” the cowpony said with a smile. A lot of giggles joined in with her.

“He’s smart, ah think at least in top three from the humans.” A few ponies raised their eyebrows. Princess Luna smiled, seeing what Applejack did there. By saying Dovahkiin was among the top three, the others could argue who were the top two. “He can use magic, and them dragon roars. A great fighter, he held back at their tournament to not hurt the others. As for what I think...” She stopped there, bit peeved with herself. While they spoke, it was mostly about her and her family. She would make sure to find out more about him. He was still hiding something.

“He’s brave and gentle. Kind and his laugh is so loud, it scares me. But Ah wouldn’t trade it for any other laugh in the world. Also- Well, may as well come out with it. We’re lovers,” Applejack said, lowering her head to blush. Twilight felt her mouth open, shocked. That seemed more.. Scandalous than even Pinkie and Dan being engaged. Dan had admitted he had not even considered being Pinkie’s lover until one of them transformed.

“Lovers? That is a bit... Umm, forward dear,” Rarity admitted. It looks like she was getting left in the dust along with Fluttershy. Mayor Mare blushed, wondering if she should confess the same thing. At least Applejack got to talk to her partner about it.

“Nothing happened, before ya git ya minds in gutters. We just slept in the same bed, ok?” Applejack said, frowning a bit. Why would her friends even think Dovahkiin or her would act so strangely. “But calling him mah special somepony or coltfriend don’t sit right.” Rarity nodded, understanding now. Both terms did seem odd to use. “Sorry, I can’t tell ya about that there Samus girl. She and Big Macintosh took off in the ship until this morning.”

“Well, Nate and I only talked. I managed to get him to model for me,” Rarity said to go next. Her friends didn't seem surprised by that. “As you know, most of the poor humans have no spare clothes. I wanted to see if I could whip something up for them. Even the Stud’s Warehouse only make things for colts and stallions. They need at least robes for them to sleep in. We were going on a date, but Sweetie Bell didn’t show up till evening, so we had to postpone it.”

“Oh! I have to thank you girls! The Crusaders all helped me move from Sugarcube Corners into my new house!” Pinkie Pie said, quickly happy.

“Oh, well that was nice of them. Must have been the punishment from Dan,” Rainbow Dash said. Seemed kind of lame by Dan, but it was free labor.

“Oh, that wasn't the punishment. They were just doing it to be nice. Their real punishment would be done today, since they were so tired from yesterday,” Pinkie Pie said. Cherilee smiled, glad to know her students had done such a nice thing.

“Well, we did get to talk, and he did cook for me. With no females in his life, Nate had to fend for himself. He makes a great vegetable quiche,” Rarity said to smile. It was one of the few things Nate could make with the ingredients he had. (Yes, Nate can cook! It was that or make Sully cook. Sully even made him cook when he took Nate under his wing.) “It’s nice, having a gentlecolt cook for you.” Cherilee nodded, lowering her head to smile. Applejack also nodded, Dovahkiin could make a lot of stuff.

“Nate is highly educated and talented too though. He let me see through his journal. While his penmanship could use work,” Applejack rolled his eyes at her friend. Leave it to Rarity to care about penmanship. “He took excellent notes. He can also speak many languages, and read even more- Languages no one has spoken in years, Nate could read them. From what I could seen in his journal, he’s very artistic. His “doodles” as he calls them are impressive for just a pencil drawing. They are beautiful, and his sketch of Sweetie Bell is just adorable.”

“Hmm. An artist...” Twilight noted, impressed. And Nathan took notes like Otacon? She would have to compare with them both later.

“Also, Nate seems to have an affinity for cats.” Rarity added, thinking back. “Opalessence can be a handful, but Nate petted my kitty with no problems. Opalessence even approach Nate, wanting to be petted more.” Fluttershy blinked at this. She knew Rarity’s cat first hand. That was impressive. Twilight took a moment to think. Phoenix had shown he could speak phoenix, and Dovahkiin seemed to have an affinity for Spike. Did the humans also have an animal partner? Trixie raised her head, remembering how the Timberwolves just obeyed Snake with no question.

“Well, it does seem Soma and my animal friends get along,” Fluttershy said. “Yesterday, we spent time feeding my animals. He offered to help me,” A squee and smile escaped from her, remembering seeing a few birds on Soma’s shoulders. “We didn't get to talk much, but mostly spent our time working. With the last two days so busy, I had a lot of work to catch up on. A lot of my animals took to Soma easily. In a lot of ways, it was easier for him to help the animals than I could. Those hands of them are truly magical.”

“That’s what I’ve been saying for a long time!” Lyra said. She was starting to think maybe she should take over the meeting.

Fluttershy didn’t know what to say, so she just continued talking her bonding time with her partner. “Soma is a very serious young man. Very stoic. But it seems he has calmed down now that he is used to Ponyville. He also values the friendships he has made with the other humans.” The other mares tilted their head to the side, wondering how the humans felt about each other. They seemed to hide their feelings in front of each other.

“But Soma has a very nice smile. I could get lost staring at them all day,” Fluttershy said, leaning her head back to smile. “He’s not very gentle, but he tries hard. And when he gets mad, his aura is very alluring. I feel safe around him, and I pity anyone that would irk his wrath. While Dan would do unspeakable acts, Soma would rather tear them apart. I do want to feed poor Soma some meat.” The other mares frowned at that, moving away from Fluttershy a bit. “Was it something I said?”

“Talking about Phoenix now!” Rainbow Dash quickly moved in, trying to save Fluttershy. Someone was going to have to seriously talk with the kind pegasus. A lot of them nodded. “Phoenix is a single father. He’s smart, though more of a law egghead than other things,” The cyan pegasus added. She started to calm down, thinking about her partner. “He doesn't look like much, and his hair looks so ridiculous.”

“I think its fashionable,” Rarity added. The white unicorn did like Phoenix’s hair style.

“Thanks Rares. But that only makes him even more awesome when he’s in the zone!” She said with a smile. “He can fight, he’s responsible, and the other humans respect him a lot. Least, the Elements of Change.” Many of the mares nodded, realizing Phoenix could very well be the oldest of the humans. When he spoke, the others listened. “He’s boring when not doing anything, but even then he brings calm, soothing feeling with him. When he’s not worried or fighting, I get to see him smile. Just seeing that makes me feel all’s right with the world.”

Fluttershy smiled at her friend, glad Rainbow Dash was so lucky. They did make a cute couple. Phoenix’s maturity made Dash’s outspoken personality calm down. Twilight chuckled, knowing all those things about Phoenix already. Still, Equestria’s fastest flier paired up with the most stable human. Who knew? The unicorn did pick up her left eyebrow, looking at Rainbow Dash. Something was off...

“Lets see, what else. He can talk to the phoenix firebird. And he’s funny. While a lot of his jokes are so lame, I know that he at least tries! And what he said made me think so much sometimes. You remember, how he once said how much life was worth fighting for, and how hard we must fight for it?” Rainbow Dash admitted. The cyan pegasus lowered her head, eyes closed halfway. Her front hooves were raised to her chest, touching the front of each other. Her wings were folded up from her form a bit, while her smile was small. That was certainly an odd look for her. She looked, in love? “Oh, we’re dating. I’m taking things slow.”

“Good for you?” Applejack said, more confused than anything. Ok, now that was off for Rainbow Dash. Her going slow? The orange mare raised an eyebrow at the pegasus. Was Phoenix that much of an influence on her?

“We can skip Dan,” PInkie Pie said with a smile.

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Dan said so. He doesn’t want anyone talking about him behind his back. And I am going to respect his wishes! Even if he’s smart, likes my cooking, and treats me like an adult. He’s the leader of the humans for a reason!” Pinkie Pie said. No one could argue with that one.

“Well, lets move on then. Zecora?” Twilight motioned to the next row.

“Spy is very cultured and refined. Man of mystery, yet unconfined. Skilled in weapons and disguise, yet also educated and filled with surprise. He gave me this rare flower, and sings in the shower.” She smiled, lifting her ears to show off the yellow iris she had. “Much of Spy is still yet unknown, yet I no longer feel alone.” Zecora stopped there, smiling. Spy had also spent most of his time flattering her and also learning about her home land and Equestria.

“Sokka is a nice earth human,” Derpy said, raising her eyebrows at the rhyming zebra. That was a lot of rhyme at once. The gray pegasus categorized the teen the same way she would a pegasus and unicorns. Phoenix reminded Derpy of a unicorn, and Travis of a pegasus. Dovahkiin and Soma resembled alicorns. The other mares blinked at her, surprised none of them thought of the humans in the same manner. Why not associated them with ponies to make them easier to relate too.

“He’s talented, and bakes really good. He can learn fast, and makes good questions. All we did yesterday was bake muffins. But I liked it a lot! With Dinky and Sokka, it was almost like a real family!” Derpy admitted, closing her eyes to smile. A lot of the mares frowned, feeling jealous. A family, with mom and dad and child. Fluttershy always imagined little foals with a father. “Sokka called me brave, and a hero. And he means it too,” Derpy said to blush a bit.

“Leave it to Derpy to make the honest things more important,” Rainbow Dash said with a smile. She was glad the bubbly pegasus found a good partner that took her seriously. “What else?”

“Hm. Sokka Sokka Sokka,” Derpy said, repeating his name to think about the young man. “He’s very funny too. He likes to make jokes, and he got muffin batter on his face by accident. It made Dinky laugh real hard!” She said, remembering back. “Dinky likes him a lot too.” Rarity nodded, along with Fluttershy. It seemed the humans had affinity with the younger fillies. Sweetie Bell was smitten by Nate, and Fluttershy noted how much the Crusaders bugged Soma.

"Well, Sephiroth is ok now. He took a really nasty hit at the tournament. But its amazing how fast he got better. The Doctor did very little, as if he healed himself,” Lyra said. “We just talked when we got home. Bon Bon seems to like him too, we all talked to get to know each other. I know he’s a soldier. Serious and old fashioned. Likes his mom. But he has troubles remembering things...” The pastel green unicorn tuned to look at the others. “But he’s really strong. You saw him cut the roof with just one swing?”

“Is he dangerous?” Mayor Mare asked, not liking Sephiroth too much now. Still, thanks to him the others got Alduin through the portal.

“Dangerous? No. But he doesn't like to be insulted. He honestly believes he is my knight, and he will defend my honor,” Lyra said. “Its a lot like a bard’s tale. He’s a bit upset he lost in the tournament, but he doesn’t hate the other humans. In fact, he has nothing but respect for Dan, and he likes Travis. You should see what Dan did to the Crusaders though...” Lyra winced and shook her head to the sides.

“Oh wow, is that why we haven’t seen them?” Rarity asked.

“No offense, but the Crusaders can be rowdy,” Fluttershy said. “I am happy they are still alive.” Applejack gulped.

“Do you think we can ask Dan to punish the humans in case one of them gets out of line?” Mayor asked.

“That’s a good question,” Twilight said. “They are not bound to our laws or rules, so I think they may have to rule their own. I think Dan can handle it, so long as Phoenix and the other support him. Besides, these are all champions, I don't think they are evil.” She stopped there, taking a moment to think. “Well, no more evil than Discord. At least he never physically hurt anypony. And Ms. Mayor, your turn.”

“Oh, um. Yes, Mr. Williams. He prefers to be called Ash,” The gray mane earth pony said. She could not remember much very much after the drinking started. “Ash is a man of few words, he only talks when its relevant. But he’s very down to earth male, very realistic. We went shopping yesterday-” The mayor stopped, looking around shiftily. “Ahem, after we made sure Ponyville Residents came back and City Hall was assessed.” A few nodded then. None of them thought the worse from the Mayor though.

“He’s a surprisingly good shopper. He found good deals, haggled down prices, and he could even appraise furniture,” The glasses wearing mare said. “He has intimate knowledge of combat, but also over wood and furniture products. He was a sales clerk, and a good one from what I have seen in his shopping style. But besides his shopper savvy, he’s realistic and down to earth. And while not super smart, he has a deep philosophy to live by and a good understanding of humans. I suppose that is due to him being a salespony- sales person.” She corrected herself.

Not many had a chance to talk or meet Ash. His metal hand was a bit unnerving to them. “That poor man. He lost his hand due to trying to protect the lives of his special somepony and friends. Even though he tried so hard, he failed. It seems that the events changed him, he even confessed he’s not the same and is haunted by the memories and said events.” Ash seemed to like to talk when he was drunk. She decided to leave out their romp from last night with the goat. “But he protects the innocent, and he considers himself a reluctant hero.”

Fluttershy picked up her head to look at the Mayor. That sounded almost as sad as Phoenix’s tale. She had seriously misjudged Ash, thinking he was just a run of the mill champion. Most of the other mares thought along the same lines. Rainbow Dash imagined what it would be like to have their hooves cut off and wear a metal replacement.

“And the Great and Powerful... Er, me, goes next,” Trixie said, remembering the spanking from the morning. Twilight raised an eyebrow, turning to look at her so called rival. She already heard some things from Otacon. “Snake’s real name is David. He likes animals, especially dogs. The timberwolves-”

“Timberwolves?” Fluttershy suddenly perked up her head. She really did not like those animals.

“Yes, timberwolves. Please do not interrupt. The wooden wild dogs listened to Snake, like he was their leader. It was impressive really, those wolves helped rescue me from the changelings-”

“You met the changelings?” Twilight asked, lifting her eyebrows.

“Oh yes. Even met with their King. Thanks to Otacon and Snake though, I was able to escape,” Trixie added. “It’s true Otacon is the brain, he had those changelings listening to him easily.” The other mares turned to look at Twilight, confused.

“What’s Trixie talking about?” Rainbow Dash asked, not sure how to feel. She was not mad, there was no need to suspect anything bad. Trixie herself admitted Otacon was a good guy.

“Afterwards, in the meeting with the humans. I think he wants to tell us all what he learned with them,” the Element of Magic said. Rainbow nodded, but she didn’t like it too much. She would at least give Otacon a chance. Applejack frowned. Twi was hiding something.

“Yes, well, back to Snake. He’s strong and fit, and his eyes show that he is always thinking. While quiet, he does ask intelligent questions like Sokka, I think you said his name was?” Trixie asked. Derpy nodded, making her eyes spin a bit. The blue unicorn leaned back, a bit thrown off my those eyes. “Er, well, he is resourceful and also strict. He does not tolerate rudeness, showboating, or bullies. He’s very protective of his friend Otacon. According from what he said, he’s also smart, but I am not sure how much. He’s at least smart enough not to reveal too much about himself.”

“How is that smart? Doesn’t that mean he doesn’t trust you?” Derpy asked.

“Because Miss, he hates showboating. Did you not listen? He would rather let others fight over petty titles, and rather be known for his ideals rather than his actions.” Trixie picked up her head, smiling a bit. “The fellow reminds me of a teacher I once had. Little patience, but only because he knows you have so much potential in you. He only wants to see the best in others.”

“How do you know that?” Cherilee asked. That sounded nothing like Ralf.

“He told me something very important. He said, “Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. And when you do, pass it on to others.” When I asked him what that meant, he said “That’s your problem.” From that alone I gathered he’s deep, and also knows that I am smart enough to figure things out for myself.” Trixie smiled, shaking her head to the sides. “All this time, I have tried to get others to believe in me by my actions. But he wants me to make others believe in my ideals, not just words.”

“It looks,” Cherilee said, taking a moment to reflect on what she heard. “It seems that there is more to these humans than what we came to expect. At least, I know I can sleep at night knowing they will bring us no harm.” They all took a moment to think about the other humans instead of their partners. They all had qualities that made them question things.

“But, humans aren’t so different from us. They just think deeper than we can,” Princess Luna said. The others turned to look at the moon guider. “Even in my long life, the ideals, beliefs, and principles these humans posses have never occurred to me.”

“And now. The last part. How long the humans will stay. Not for long, I am afraid,” Twilight said, lifting her head up. The mares immediately turned to look at the purple unicorn once more. “The spell is only temporary. If it was a stronger spell, there would be no need for anchors to keep them here, is it?”

“No. Ah suppose not,” Applejack said, lowering her head.

“How long?” Rainbow Dash asked. She suddenly regretted wanting to take things slow.

“I don’t know. Its not an issue of time, but how long it takes them to complete the mission. They have their own lives to lead. They are champions and heroes of their own worlds. It would be selfish of us to ask them to to stay while their own homes need them so much more.” Twilight said. “The longer it takes them to complete the mission though, the worse will happen to them.”

“Worse?” Rarity asked, leaning her head out. “What does that mean?”

“The humans are clearly from different eras of space and times. There is a reason time spells are so powerful and have horrible repercussions if done wrong,” Luna said. “It is the same reason why my sister, cannot have The Doctor around all the time even though he is a fellow immortal.”

“What kind of repercussions?” Trixie asked. She refused to feel guilty, this was not her fault for once.

“I do not know. This has never happened before in our history. But I suspect our world can break, just from the sheer power alone of the humans.”

“Are you telling me their own awesomeness will break the Equestria?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“You have seen what they are capable of. Can you imagine what would happen if they all gathered their power into one spot and unleashed it? While we are all strong ponies, do you think you could hold them back for long? What do you think would happen if Pinkie Pie got hurt, what would Dan do to get back at the world? Or if Fluttershy was hurt, what Soma could do if he went rogue? We have even seen what Dovahkiin did to Princess Celestia,” Twilight said with a sigh.

“What happened?” Derpy asked, not sure what was being talked about.

“Dovahkiin got angry at the Princess Celestia. He threatened to kill her if she didn’t knock it off,” Applejack said, remembering that night in the library.

“To Princess Celestia? Couldn’t she do anything?” Cherilee said, appalled by the news.

“Well, I do not think she could. Dovahkiin is easily one of the most powerful humans. If he doesn’t want to get teleported, I don’t think he will. Even my sister respects dragons.” Luna said. “And Dovahkiin is part dragon.”

“How long... How long do they have?” Fluttershy asked, lifting her head. She got off the bleacher, walking over to look at Twilight. She did not want for Soma to leave, but she couldn’t be selfish.

“I don’t know. Maybe two weeks? I think if they get Cutie Marks like Dan and Phoenix did though, it may help,” Twilight said. “None of the magical authorities have had a chance to look at them yet.”

“So there’s still hope?” Rainbow Dash asked, moving in to join Fluttershy.

“Maybe, we still don’t know-” Twilight stopped talking, lifting her head.

“Twilight! Twilight!” Spike yelled, riding on the back of Big Macintosh. They both looked terrified and worried.

“Spike?! What is it?” Twilight said, turning to look at the baby dragon.

“Its Nate! He has been poisoned!

Author’s Notes: Still don’t know about Nate. Sully is a character from the same game series as Nate, and serves as his father figure. Spoiler: Nate’s an orphan. Chapter proofreaded by LyonAzakura.

PreviousChapters Next