• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,464 Views, 14 Comments

I Met Kindness - FALG



Do you want to know how I met Kindness? I shall tell you.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,464

Non piangere

When I entered my house, my brother was taking a nap; I went to the bathroom to look at myself a while; then I noticed something coming from my eye, and it finally came off after a blink.

I have to say that I'm a mentally sensitive pony: anything I watched or read that had something to do with sadness or absolute joy, it would make me cry. Some years ago it wasn’t like that, it’s something I started to develop and embrace once I had become of legal age, which happened only a few months, I still lived in Canterlot then.
There were times in which I thought if I was being too girly if I cried about nothing; even just thinking something too beautiful or something too sad would begin to well up tears in me, even if I didn’t get to cry at all, the tears would still be in my eyes.

I couldn’t believe I was crying, yet it made a bit of sense, I was making all of this turn into a big deal for no reason. I washed my face to calm me a bit, and went to my bed to rest.
Then I started crying, because deep inside, I knew I was still some kind of foal. I may be a young colt now, but my mind says otherwise.
The truth is, I am like this because I am stuck on fantasy, wishing for the real life to be as I picture it.


"Wake up Casanova."
My head hurt as I got up, my brother was next to me with a letter he was levitating.

"What’s that?" I asked.

"A letter knucklehead, what else can it be?" he sighed "I don’t know when it arrived, but a bird was holding it."

"A what?"

"Yep, you heard it; it was waiting yesterday for one of us to take it; I’m guessing he wanted to be sure that we would read the letter."
I grabbed the letter, it was written in simple letters:

Sugarcube Corner 2 PM tomorrow
Fluttershy

Reading the name made me jump out of bed, and asked my brother quickly:

"What time is it?"

"4 PM, you overslept yesterday, why?"
Without thinking twice, I ran to the bathroom to correct my mane and wash my face, and left the house.

It was late, I was sure of that, but at least I could try to catch her if I found her around.
When I arrived at Sugarcube Corner she was nowhere to be seen, so I ran inside the place, to see if Pinkie knew something.

"Yes she was here, but left a while ago now" the pink pony told me "is there something wrong?"

"Uh it’s just that nothing I do goes well, I asked Fluttershy to go on a date with me, but I chickened and ran before she could say something."

"You asked her out?!" she was surprised, but seemed happy.

"I overslept my nap yesterday and I just woke up, I was too sad because I can’t be BRAVE ENOUGH!"
Pinkie flinched after my scream, and the whole place looked at me. This was a great opportunity for fate to make you explode for no reason.

"Sorry." I apologized

"Don’t worry Flare, in the end everything will work out just fine, trust me." she said cheering me up.

"Thanks. You do know how to cheer up a pony."

"That’s my special talent silly!" she said with her most cheerful smile.


Five days passed, and no sign of Fluttershy was at sight.

“It’s better that way" I told myself "she probably hates me, since I haven’t come in time to meet her after I ran from her the last time."
I was broken inside, too much to even think of her, but I couldn’t help it. I only think of her as pretty, I barely know anything about her; but why I was making it a big deal in the first place?

I always expected the worse from everything, it was something normal for me; it didn’t hurt me with most of the things though. But love (or relationships in general) was what moved and hurt me the most.

Many questions surrounded my head, and all would have to keep unanswered for now.

"What a coward" I said out loud.

"You were saying something?" my brother asked, busy with his work.

"Nevermind. Hey I’m going out again, I need to clear my thoughts."

"It’s raining jackflank."
I looked at the window; it was indeed raining, but it was calm.

"See if I care; I can’t stay here anyway." I said

"Suit yourself."

Good thing there wasn’t anypony out, I needed time completely alone, so I went through almost all of Ponyville, and I eventually got at the park. I sat down at the same tree were I read the book of Mare Do Well. Some raindrops still made it through the leaves, so I wasn’t completely protected of the rain.

I looked at Ponyville, then at the horizon, then at the empty park:

"I really needed to be alone" I said, stretching a bit and leaned better to the tree "this is nice."

"Indeed right?" a voice from up the tree said.
I screamed, I really didn’t expect to find somepony else in the same tree, not even this one.

"Sorry! Did I scare you?" asked Fluttershy worried.

"What are you doing there?" I asked back.

"Looking the rain, what, am I bothering you?"

"Well, uh, you know lighting is attracted to trees right? What if it hits you?" I was looking for a good excuse.

"Rainbow told me there won’t be lightning in this rain" she said "besides, if trees attract lighting you shouldn’t be here either" she looked at me with a frown.
I left myself fall on my haunches, what a way to make things worse.

"At this point I don’t really care what happens to me, I don’t know if being alive does even make a difference in other ponies’ lives."
She leapt from the tree flapping her wings, and she sat in front of me.

"Everypony makes a difference, no exceptions."

"How do you know?" I asked

"Well, if you didn’t some to talk to me that day in the party, I wouldn’t be here." she said
I looked at her.

"I don't know you very much though, but I had the feeling you’d be here."

"What?" I was becoming confused.

"I didn’t come here because I wanted to" she said "I had the feeling you’d be coming here, taking advantage of the rain, and that nopony would be around to bother you."
Uncomfortable silence.

"Why are you so nice to me? After I left you waiting in Sugarcube Corner; after I ran from you." I reminded her.

"I’m sure you didn’t mean that" she said putting one hoof over mine.
I paused, then I asked her again:

"Why are you so kind? I don’t deserve it."
She looked at me with those sea-colored eyes.

"Sometimes we all just need to be shown a little kindness" she said, smiling.

I wanted to keep asking many things, but I banished them from my thoughts, so instead I just asked:

"Is the date still up?"
She looked away a moment, which made me expect that I asked too much; then she responded:

"Tomorrow, same time, same place" she blushed, and added "but don’t be late."

"I won’t" I smiled.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Pinkie Pie promise?"

"Uh what?"
She laughed.

She then taught me the so-called “Pinkie Pie Promise”, and we waited for the rain to stop so that we could part off for the day.

I arrived home even happier than after the party Pinkie threw for us.

"Let me guess" Plaid started "new marefriend, it wouldn’t surprise me; you would be able to get one during a funeral."

"You know what?" I told him "Shut up."

Comments ( 9 )

Ah, there we go! I will read it once I have the time and give you my opinion and some tips. Tip #1, you might want to capitalize "Met" in the title, since it isn't 'of, a, to, and, so, etc...'

920527

I don't quite understand, but well, in the end you know more than me.

This seems like a pretty interesting story! I'll put this on my "to read" list.

925777

I hope you like it once you get to read it, and when you do feel free to tell me what's wrong, so I don't do it again next time.

936941

Urgh, call me psyquic, but I had the feeling that it wasn't very well written.
Let me explain, I'm from Argentina, and despite my knowledge of English, narrating is not pretty much my thing.

The dialogue, you are right too; the "he/she said" parts don't flow correctly, but the truth is: I don't even know how they have to.

Self thoughts, I kinda expected that too. See, I wanted to somethiong something like ROBCakeran53 did with "My Little Dashie" (for instance, whenever he said that the character's heart exploded twice). But it seems they weren't too good in the end...

I love the idea for you to correct the fanfic, thanks.

942651
I wanna point something, that is the prologue, it is supposed to be only dialogue there.
There is no space because there shouldn't exist (think of it as some vague memory; if you read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban chapter 21 maybe you understand it more).

I changed the dialogues with italic, bold and normal to differentiate the person who says it...

I'm sure that with more practice, your fics will start to flow more naturally. Despite the punctuational and grammatical problems, I rather enjoyed it. :yay: for Fluttershy!!!

1283656

Thanks for the comments man (or girl)! I already released some other fanfics, I'd like if you (have the time) can critique them too. I have someone proofreading this one, and he (or she) will do it with the others.

I think I have gotten better with writing, but I'd like if you see it for yourself!

(PS: I have some grammatical and punctuational problems because English it's my second language. I'm Spanish, just so you know, hehehe)

1286381
DESPITE the fact that my OC is a mare, I am actually a male (NOT gay...It just worked for me),kk? Secondly, I totally respect the difficulties of trying to work with a second language; If I had to write a fic in Spanish entirely, I'd probably only get about 1/20 words right, so I'm sympathetic. Also, I'm definitely going to read and comment on your other works! Keep it up!
P.S.-Oh, and have a 'stache. :moustache:

Login or register to comment