• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,463 Views, 14 Comments

I Met Kindness - FALG



Do you want to know how I met Kindness? I shall tell you.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,463

Making acquaintance

(You may skip this chapter, it's pretty much only dialogue with the Mane 6)

"Wow, many ponies showed up" I said to myself "Pinkie does have some renown."

The party started with Pinkie introducing us and giving us the opportunity to talk to the audience a little bit, then the party started.
I looked at the food. Cupcakes, muffins, pies, cakes, pretty much everything that had a sweet flavor. The drinks where all punch of different tastes.

The music was good, and my brother enjoyed it pretty much, but he wasn’t into dancing, so he talked with anypony that approached to.

"Hey! Enjoying the party?" Pinkie said to me

"Oh yeah, you do this normally?" I asked her back

"Ohhhh a lot!" That characteristic smile of hers showed up again, it was comforting.

"Oh so you do know how to throw parties."

"Well duh, I do this since I was a little filly."

"No kidding? Cool!"

"Thanks!" She looked around and placed her eyes on a group "Come, let me introduce you my very best friends!"

"Uh yeah sure."

Five mares talking with each other, until Pinkie showed, then they looked at me.

"Everypony, meet Flare!"

"Hi there" I said a bit nervously, numerous groups of mares made me uncomfortable.

"Hello Flare, welcome to Ponyville!" Said a purple unicorn.

"Flare this is Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy" Pinkie said pointing each mare.

The first was the purple unicorn; Applejack was an earth pony, she tilted her hat to salute with a 'howdy'; Rarity was a fancy looking unicorn, she normally shook her head to correct her mane; Rainbow was a pegasus, athletic-looking; and Fluttershy another pegasus, she seemed to hide behind her mane, that caught my attention a bit.

"So what brings you to Ponyville?" asked Twilight.

"Well I had the desire to begin a life of my own and leave from my home to make one, Canterlot is not suited for me."

"Canterlot?!" Rarity exclaimed, which frightened me a little.

"Uh yeah? What's the big deal?"

"Why did you leave Canterlot dear? It is simply amazing!" said the unicorn.

"It may be amazing, but I like some things in my life to be simple, like my brother does, he picked Ponyville because it suited our lifeways."

"I understand you Flare; it happened to me when I made my friends here, and I told Princess Celestia to let me stay after she sent me here." said Twilight.

"Celestia… sent you?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I’m her student and her protégée, and she asked me to organize the Summer Sun Celebration that was being held here."

"So you must be great with magic, if you are her protégée." I assumed

"She is not great, she is AWESOME!" intervened the athletic pegasus, I just noticed her very rare rainbow colored mane "She saved Ponyville from an ursa major!"

"Rainbow, for starters it wasn’t an ursa major, it was a minor; and second please stop telling everypony about that!" the unicorn blushed in embarrassment.

"But Twilight he had to know!" the pegasus said.

"Knowing the fact of being the Princess’ protégée is enough for me to believe her prowess in magic, but it is interesting to know you handled an ursa minor on your own." I said looking at Twilight.

"Well thanks" she said with a smile.

"So tell us a bit more about you darling." Rarity said.

"Ah wanna know, whay do you have al’ yor body filled with scars? Ya' work hard or somethin'?" asked the orange earth pony with a southern accent

"Oh, well I don’t feel like talking about that right now, maybe later once I get to know you all better. By the
way I know nothing about you all."

"He is right!" Pinkie yelled, I forgot she was still beside me "Well, you already know that Twilight saved Ponyville from that Ursa Minor."

"How about you Applejack, you’re a farmer right?" I asked the orange pony.

"Pretty much, yeah" she replied "I buck the trees in the farm to collect the apples to sell them in the market."

"Yeah I saw you a few times and bought some of your apples, they’re great!"

"Thanks sugarcube."

"So Rarity" I looked at the white unicorn "what do you do? I think that it has something to do with… fashion?"

"You are correct! I work in the Carousel Boutique designing the most fabulous dresses in all Ponyville, and why not, all Equestria!" Rarity answered.

"I walked past that boutique a few times, you do quite a nice job." I complimented

"Why thanks dear."

"However, you don’t do suits or clothes for stalllions, do you?"

"Oh sorry dear I don’t; but if you ask me I can do that upon request." she suggested

"Great thanks, I’m definitely going to do that."

"And I’m also a hairdresser, I got my boutique equipped for that." she added

"Oh good, I’ll come by sometime for a change." I said thinking about it.

"Anytime" she said with a smile.

"So Rainbow, what do you do?" I asked the pegasus

"I’m in charge of the weather here in Ponyville" she said

"I never understood about that, how do pegasi know when to make a sunny day or when make it rainy? Could you explain it to me?" I asked Rainbow

"Well, I’m the chief of the weather team in Ponyville, I get the schedule sent home every week for the next one, and I dispatch my team to bring clouds or make them disappear." she explained

"So you have more than one pegasus at your command." I assumed

"Exactly. I could do it myself but I have to be assigned to a team, my superiors say that it is the policy" one could simply see she was boasting her skills.

"How many ponies are in your team?"

"Oh, I don’t really know." she said laughing

"Ten pegasi." jumped in Twilight, much to my surprise but not for Rainbow's.

"How do you know?" asked the pegasus, a bit annoyed.

"I’m the All Team Organizer for wrapping up winter remember?"

"But in the weather team for Winter Wrap-up weren’t all pegasi, Pinkie was there too!"

"And with her and many others the team would be over twenty, I just counted the pegasi."

"Yeah that makes more sense" said Rainbow, pretty embarrassed.

"Winter Wrap-up? What is that?" I asked

"It’s the event in which we ponies of Ponyville pack up Winter, and leave room for the Spring to come," explained Rarity "how come you don't know of Winter Wrap-up?"

"Well the weather in Canterlot is changed with magic" I explained.

"Is that so? I didn’t know." apologized Rarity.

"Yeah and it’s very lame because it's not the same here" said an unknown voice behind me.

"Oh Spike where have you been?" asked Twilight to a small figure, a very small one.

"I was looking for something to eat" said the scaled figure approaching Twilight, I was having a hard time figuring out what that thing was.

"Umm, who’s that?" I finally asked curious.

"Oh this is Spike he is a dragon and my assistant." answered Twilight.

"Number one assistant!" said cheerfully the purple dragon, which gave a few giggles along the group "So you’re the new pony in town huh?" he said looking at me.

"Yes, I’m Flaring Blur."

"Call him Flare! It’s too long otherwise he told me!" again, I forgot Pinkie was at my side this whole time.

"Okay Pinkie!" said impatiently the dragon "Well, welcome to Ponyville, I’m sure you’ll find yourself comfortable here."

"Thanks Spike. So he is your assistant?" I looked at Twilight

"Yup, I wouldn’t change it for the world" said the unicorn, which made Spike blush a bit.

"But assistant of what?"

"Oh yeah I haven’t told you yet. Besides being the Princess' protégée I’m a librarian, he helps me putting the books on place and clean the house every now and then. He also sends my reports or letters to Celestia whenever I have to contact her immediately."

"Immediately? How does that work? A letter from here to Canterlot takes two days at least" I said.

"Spike can spit a special fire which instead of burning letters, it transports them to the Princess, pretty handy skill right?"

"Yeah, definitely." then and idea came to my head "You said you’re a librarian right?"

"Yea, why?"

"Well, I like books, I thought I could come by to your library and see what do you have in stock, is that alright?"

"Well yeah sure! I have all kinds of books, come by anytime and I’ll let you have a look" she said cheerfully.

"Awesome, thanks."

As I was about to talk to Fluttershy, one of my favorite songs came up from the music.

-Hey I love this song! Anypony want to dance with me?

-I will dear, I love this song too –said Rarity smiling while taking me to the centre of Sugarcube Corner.

This was the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BMBrCKMcY