• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,463 Views, 14 Comments

I Met Kindness - FALG



Do you want to know how I met Kindness? I shall tell you.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,463

Books

I knocked the door of the library and waited, until the door opened, but I had to look down.

"Oh hey Flare" said Spike "what brings you here?"

"Hey Spike, I was just looking for a book, mind if I look the stock?"

"The… stock?" he seemed confused.

"What you got, what books you have."

"Oh yeah sure, come on in" he stepped aside allowing me to enter.

"By any chance, is Twilight here?" I asked

"Uh no, she went shopping, she will come any minute now if you want to wait for her" Spike answered.

"Oh ok thanks."
I looked around the place; many kinds of books surrounded me. I repeated out loud all the categories as I went: Magic, biology, history. Mostly magic above all. Of course, being the student of Celestia would require her to study every now and then about everything magic.
The door opened:

"Oh hey Flare, didn’t expect to see you so soon" said Twilight’s voice behind me.

"Hello Twili…" there was another pony coming with her.

"Hi Flare" said Fluttershy smiling.

"H-hi" I was getting nervous again.

"I’ll be with you in a minute, I need Fluttershy to check my pet" she said while going upstairs.

"S-sure thing Twilight" I said.

I wasn’t actually stuttering, but instead lacking of voice always happened to me in this kind of encounters. But I always thought to myself that maybe I wasn’t so shy, maybe it was just all in my head, but I couldn’t help it but just think of it that way.

I kept looking at the books when they were upstairs; more categories showed up: Adventure, romance, myths, novels, mystery. It was hard to find them because the library had almost half of the total books talking about magic.

"…so don’t worry, he’ll be fine in a few days, tomorrow at best." I heard Fluttershy say when the both of them were coming down."

"Thank you very much Fluttershy, good thing I found you at the market, you saved me the trip."

"No problem, give me a call if something happens" Fluttershy was about to leave.

"I will, thanks again" said Twilight, and the pegasus left "Sorry I kept you waiting." she said to me.

"It's okay" I replied.

"So, what brings you here?"

"I was just checking the books you have."

"Are you searching for something in particular?" asked the unicorn.

"Well, something of adventure or a novel, what would you recommend?"

"I have something that just came in." she went to the shelves and pulled a book "Somepony wrote a story about the Mare Do Well."

"I heard of her, a friend of my brother told me. Who was that mare?" I asked intrigued

"She was a hero that Ponyville once had, some months ago. She would come to save the lifes of those endangered; but she stopped appearing one time, and now she is barely even named." she looked worried.

"Do you know who she was?"

"Um, no, but I would have liked to" Twilight said quickly.

"Okay; what is this book, some kind of biography or something?" I asked

"Kind of, but the book tells only about her days as the Mare Do Well. It tells her doings, pretty well detailed; I think you can find it of your liking."

"Let me check it a bit" I passed some pages quickly, it seemed good "I’ll take it, how much time does the rent last?"

"A month, which are ten bits; if you want another month then come here before time is due and pay five more" she said.

"Fair enough" I grabbed ten bits of my bag and gave them to her "here you go."
She wrote something on the inner cover (present date and expiration), gave me the book and then I left.