• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 315 Views, 0 Comments

Slender Pony and Other Night Tales - Creativa-Artly01



A collection of night tales, enjoy! PS: These are all short stories, key word being short.

  • ...
 0
 315

The Haunting Lullaby (A Night Tale About Flutterbat)

It was a dark and haunting night when she showed up. One night in the apple orchard, Applejack was just doing her nightly rounds when she stumbled upon the creature: the Flutterbat. As she stares in amazement, Flutterbat begins to hum a haunting melody, a haunting lullaby to draw a fruit spider into her mouth and then she chomps down on it. Applejack, now scared, runs all the way to Twilight's house and shakes the princess awake. "What's wrong?" asks Twilight groggily.

"Twilight, Fluttershy, she's turned into a vampire bat again and she's in my orchard!" replies Applejack. Hearing this, Twilight hops out of bed and runs after Applejack towards the orchard. A few minutes later in the orchard, the two ponies call to their friend.

"Fluttershy! Fluttershy!" they yell. "Come down here!" Flutterbat hears this and flies down and lands with a thud in front of the orange and purple ponies.

"What are you doing here?" asks Flutterbat in a raspy voice. "You shouldn't be here. Get away from me!" She turns her face away from them and hides it under her wing.

"Twilight! Use your magic to change her back!" begs Applejack.

"I don't know if I can, not unless we can get a group of the vampire bats."

Applejack then runs off and rounds up about fifty vampire bats and brings them back to Twilight. Twilight then initiates the spell and draws the vampire magic out of Fluttershy and puts it back into the bats. Once this is done, Twilight nods for Applejack to let the bats go and Applejack does so. Fluttershy then gets up and rubs her head. "What happened? Why am I in the orchard? Why do I have a spider in my teeth?" Asks Fluttershy confused.

"You turned into Flutterbat again, but don't worry, we fixed it for good this time," replies Applejack. "Now, let's go inside and get you a blanket and a cup of tea. How does that sound?"

"That sounds perfect," replies Fluttershy. The three then go inside and get Fluttershy a blanket and a cup of tea and then continue to explain everything that happened that night to her.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment