• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 315 Views, 0 Comments

Slender Pony and Other Night Tales - Creativa-Artly01



A collection of night tales, enjoy! PS: These are all short stories, key word being short.

  • ...
 0
 315

The Pumpkin Headed Demon Horse of Nightmare Night (A Night Tale Told by Twilight)

It's a dark, rainy night at the castle where Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight are having a sleepover. As they sit there, Twilight begins a story: the story of the Pumpkin Headed Demon Horse of Nightmare Night. "It was a dark and stormy night, a thousand years ago when he first appeared: the Pumpkin Headed Demon Horse of Nightmare Night. He was an ominous beast, feared by all the towns ponies. He did the bidding of Nightmare Moon herself. Every Nightmare Night, he lurks in the shadows and attacks the ponies that don't share their sweets with Nightmare Moon. Eventually, he started haunting everypony, not just those that refused Nightmare Moon candy. He terrorized everypony and made them scream. He did that for near two thousand years until Nightmare Moon finally returned from her imprisonment on the moon. Once she came back, he only did what she required of him which wasn't much. After Nightmare Moon was defeated and turned back into Luna, the demon horse faded away into memory for he wasn't terrorizing ponies anymore. It was a happy time for Equestria now that the beast was gone. Sometimes, ponies still say they hear his hoofbeats and hear his ear piercing screams, but alas, it is not the demon, it is only the wind trying to reunite itself with Nightmare Moon herself. The end."

"Great story, Twilight," replies Applejack. "You managed to scare Rarity into her sleeping bag. Props for that." Twilight just laughs. She's glad her friends enjoyed her story even if it did scare them a little bit.